Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Wildflower Hall from 1,547 Indian Rupees

Old May 30, 16, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Wildflower Hall (Shimla in the Himalayas; www.oberoihotels.com/hotels-in-shimla-wfh) has low rates on 15, 17 and 18 January 2017.

Available on www.booking.com
Old May 30, 16, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

No longer available

Last edited by hoteldebotel; May 31, 16 at 6:54 am
Old May 30, 16, 11:06 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege
Yep, can see the low rate on 15th January 2017 still. Killer deal, even for a night.
Old May 31, 16, 11:49 pm

Amazing!

This place is AMAZING and gorgeous. What a killer deal!
Old Jun 1, 16, 9:32 pm

not available - missed it
Old Jun 8, 16, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Can anyone get ANY dates to work?
Old Jun 14, 16, 1:51 am

Missed it :-(
Old Jan 10, 17, 1:18 am

Well, I have a booking for 15th but looks like weather is going to create trouble with all this snowfall.
Old Jan 10, 17, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer31 View Post
Well, I have a booking for 15th but looks like weather is going to create trouble with all this snowfall.
But it will be worth the trip. I have seen pics of Wildflower hall with snowfall and it looks awesome.
Old Jan 10, 17, 9:05 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
That place looks stunning, but how the hell do you get there lol
Old Jan 13, 17, 2:22 am

So guys, I just got a call from Oberoi Group contact center in Delhi, telling me that there was an error in their IT systems, which they detected 250 days after my booking and 1 DAY BEFORE MY TRIP STARTS.

Mentioned that she will offer a discounted rate but I refused for obvious unfair reasons. The phone got cut-off and she hasn't called back since. In the run-up to thsi reservation I got one email and two calls from them, confirming my travel and mentioning nothing about this so called error. Now one day before my travel, they are calling to literally extort money from me as I have made all travel arrangements for me, my family and friends.

Has anybody got a similar call from them too?

What would you suggest I do? Besides taking them to consumer court later on, which I will if they plan to do this.
Old Jan 13, 17, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vishal Mehra View Post
So guys, I just got a call from Oberoi Group contact center in Delhi, telling me that there was an error in their IT systems, which they detected 250 days after my booking and 1 DAY BEFORE MY TRIP STARTS.

Mentioned that she will offer a discounted rate but I refused for obvious unfair reasons. The phone got cut-off and she hasn't called back since. In the run-up to thsi reservation I got one email and two calls from them, confirming my travel and mentioning nothing about this so called error. Now one day before my travel, they are calling to literally extort money from me as I have made all travel arrangements for me, my family and friends.

Has anybody got a similar call from them too?

What would you suggest I do? Besides taking them to consumer court later on, which I will if they plan to do this.
Have you spoken to the hotel directly?
Old Jan 13, 17, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
Have you spoken to the hotel directly?
No, I haven't. The contact center lady called me, not the hotel itself.

After that call disconnection, she hasn't bothered to call back as well, though some of my friends have recieved similar calls and they have also declined to give in to them.

I was thinking of not to call/involve the property directly at all in this matter, unless they call me. Thinking of laying low, not doing anything now and hopefully they realise their mistake.

I haven't heard from them on twitter as well.
Old Jan 13, 17, 4:54 am

So sense has finally prevailed and the Wildflower Hall manager just called to confirm and honour my reservation. Twitter ranting works. Their reputation in my eyes though stands lower.

PS: I guess they would have taken a blanket approval of honoring all reservations after getting backlash for their massive .... up.
Old Jan 13, 17, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vishal Mehra View Post
So sense has finally prevailed and the Wildflower Hall manager just called to confirm and honour my reservation. Twitter ranting works. Their reputation in my eyes though stands lower.

PS: I guess they would have taken a blanket approval of honoring all reservations after getting backlash for their massive .... up.

Search this Thread