Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Hilton Conrad Chicago $70 suites

Hilton Conrad Chicago $70 suites

Old May 3, 2016, 1:19 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
I will just show this email to the airline I am sure they will understand.

Originally Posted by jaymar01
Just received the following email from the Conrad Chicago:

"Dear XXX
Recently, an erroneous guest room rate for The Conrad Chicago was mistakenly entered on our website.

Unfortunately, we are not able to honor this erroneous rate and have cancelled your reservation in accordance with the terms of our Site Usage Agreement.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Easy come...easy go.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Same mail arrived here during the night (CET time)...

Too bad, this would have been the deal of the year.

Let's just wait for the next GREAT DEAL
Old May 3, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EP, AS/EY/AV G
I'm a little surprised they didn't offer anything to compensate for their mistake - no discount, no points, just "sorry".
Old May 3, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm definitely going to argue this case, I think being Hilton Diamond might help with that arguement. Let me know if anyone else figures something out in terms of rebooking, etc.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SwiftFoX
I'm definitely going to argue this case, I think being Hilton Diamond might help with that arguement. Let me know if anyone else figures something out in terms of rebooking, etc.
Arent we ALL hilton diamonds

But I was a bit suprised at the message I got too... As a HH Diamond I would have appreciated a more apologetic message and perhaps even a token but tis life, I will just have to remember not to book them should I go to Chicago again

Its my only way to vote for these actions

Onto the next deal
Old May 3, 2016, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sorry, wrong thread
Old May 3, 2016, 9:07 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
I received the email from Conrad/Hilton canceling my resv. I emailed back that it was a promotion and available for quite few days. I received the reply that Hilton would offer 50% off the BAR for a maximum of 5 nights. Still negotiating. I think it is total crock that they put this special out, with availability of only one room and then say it is a mistake. I think this was a special rate that wasn't meant for the general public and was put on Hilton.com by mistake.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by not2017
I think it is total crock ...
not2017, SwiftFox,

Realistically, this is a case where the price clearly was an error illogical (of course I would never admit to taking advantage of a pricing error).

Why chase it or get overly upset about it?

While definitely disappointing, Hilton did send a notice explaining the cancellation (which is more that we get sometimes) and that notification came promptly, so there should be no risk that other bookings were done around that plan. The fact is that we can only assume that a hotel would not sell rooms at -$40 a night, so their backing out of the deal is completely understandable and they don't owe you anything.

Please - don't come out fighting, I am not trying to incite a riot, just saying that in this game we win some and lose some.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lennys26v2
not2017, SwiftFox,

Realistically, this is a case where the price clearly was an error illogical (of course I would never admit to taking advantage of a pricing error).

Why chase it or get overly upset about it?

While definitely disappointing, Hilton did send a notice explaining the cancellation (which is more that we get sometimes) and that notification came promptly, so there should be no risk that other bookings were done around that plan. The fact is that we can only assume that a hotel would not sell rooms at -$40 a night, so their backing out of the deal is completely understandable and they don't owe you anything.

Please - don't come out fighting, I am not trying to incite a riot, just saying that in this game we win some and lose some.
We thank you for your opinion, now move on and let the ones who booked discuss their options.
Old May 4, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
My advise is to negotiate with the property! I am sure a solution can be found. It is after all just opening so I am sure bad press is NOT what they want!
Old May 16, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by not2017
I received the email from Conrad/Hilton canceling my resv. I emailed back that it was a promotion and available for quite few days. I received the reply that Hilton would offer 50% off the BAR for a maximum of 5 nights. Still negotiating. I think it is total crock that they put this special out, with availability of only one room and then say it is a mistake. I think this was a special rate that wasn't meant for the general public and was put on Hilton.com by mistake.
Did you reach any conclusion.
I just received this email message.

"Dear Flyer31,

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We could not be more apologetic that our system offered this erroneous rate. Once this issue was identified we worked to resolve it as quickly as possible. For that reason, we would like to offer you 50% off our Best Available Rate for one stay up to 5 nights.

On behalf of the entire team, please accept our most sincere apologies and we hope to welcome you soon. We do know that when we tell you that we are within our rights, as outlined in the terms and conditions, this does not make it any easier.

We do hope we can find an amicable solution to this issue."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.