Original Poster

Makemytrip 50% off International hotels

Makemytrip 50% off International hotels up to maximum of Rs.2,750

Only on the mobile app
Valid from March 15-17, 2016
Coupon code: APPFEST

T&C
This offer is valid from 15th Mar 2016 to 17th Mar 2016
This offer is valid for international hotel bookings made on MakeMyTrip Mobile App(Android & iOS only)
This offer is valid for hotel check outs till 30th June 2016.
To avail the offer, customer must enter the E-Coupon APPFEST in the E-Coupon field
For International hotels, the Instant Discount is 50% up to maximum of Rs.2,750
Offer is applicable on bookings with a minimum transaction value of Rs.5,000 (base price)
Old Mar 14, 16, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Makemytrip 50% off International hotels

So $41 off per reservation of $90ish. Not bad. The app is making me confirm a phone number but only gives me the option of a +91 code
Old Mar 14, 16, 5:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
So $41 off per reservation of $90ish. Not bad. The app is making me confirm a phone number but only gives me the option of a +91 code
Don't worry about the phone number. Just give a dummy number.
Old Mar 14, 16, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
Obviously, u just quoted your hotel pick. Currency translation of an "ideal" price pick should give exact 50% off, correct? I'm assuming the app allows purchasing a US hotel in USD, rather than Indian currency?
Old Mar 15, 16, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, PriorityPass, Accor Silver, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
So far all transactions have been in INR, not hotel currency.

These are not valid on "pay at hotel" bookings, prepayment only.

Last edited by jp_fin; Mar 15, 16 at 2:06 am
Old Mar 15, 16, 3:06 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
I have used MakeMytrip several times lately - for hotels in India and Thailand. I have never experienced any issues - MakeMytrip is a huge Indian OTA (not a scam as some may fear). The app works like a charm.

I have always been charged in INR rather than the hotel currency (THB) or USD. It is all prepaid, but some/most rates are flexible. Cancel and refund work without issues and the amount refunded hit my account within days.

The discount does not apply to tax, VAT etc nor the booking fees of MakeMytrip (which are on the high side for hotels outside India IMO) - so it is not really 50% off, but still a very nice offer/good discount - that is why I have used them before. HOWEVER, not all rates are bookable in the app. It appears to me that for some properties only BAR or flexible rates are offered - not prepaid/advance purchase rates nor rates with breakfast, which can be quite annoying when you are looking for the discount to be applied to lowest available rates found on e.g. the webpage of hotel or other OTAs.

Last edited by SK AAR; Mar 15, 16 at 3:14 am
Old Mar 15, 16, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, PriorityPass, Accor Silver, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
The app works like a charm.
Only issue is that confirmation page has always wrong days. This may have something to do with time zones, confirmation e-mail (and voucher) show correct.
Old Mar 15, 16, 9:08 am

I tried with a UK credit card, But the reservation will not go through. Any ideas ?
I have phoned the bank, no problem with the card.
Old Mar 15, 16, 11:58 am

up to maximum of Rs.2,750 per booking which is about $40.81 per booking, so I don't think it's as good as 50% off looks, unless you are booking a night or two at a total of less than $90
Old Mar 15, 16, 1:16 pm

I don't understand why everyone says $90+

Isn't minimum purchase required 5000 = $73? And max. discount obtained on $82 room? What are constraints on multiple usage (via different accounts)?
Old Mar 15, 16, 9:01 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Thanks OP!
Old Mar 16, 16, 2:30 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 View Post
I don't understand why everyone says $90+

Isn't minimum purchase required 5000 = $73? And max. discount obtained on $82 room? What are constraints on multiple usage (via different accounts)?
I think your math is correct. USD 90+ may come from rate including service tax, VAT, booking fee etc.

There are no constraints on multiple bookings and no need to use different accounts. I have booked consequtive single nights several times in the past to maximise the discount; no issues encountered.
Old Mar 16, 16, 6:30 am

For most Asian properties their taxes are over 30%, so if you find anything around 5400 IR, with the taxes added and code deduction you save around 25 % only, and if you use searching engines you can find the same hotel cheaper on other TA, with much lower taxes. Not sure about European and NA properties though.
Old Mar 16, 16, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used this for a cheap southern USA hotel. Thanks. If you have the need for an inexpensive room somewhere in the world, it's certainly worth pricing it. The selection is pretty crummy but it's certainly worth a look. You can order the list by tripadvisor reviews, which I found particularly helpful while looking for cheaper hotels. The booking process itself was simple.
Old Mar 16, 16, 7:28 am

I also got some nice deals, thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: