Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Honolulu - $45/night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Haven't had a Marriott property that honored such reservations before.. will see if they do this time..

Thanks OP!
Actually, it doesn't matter what Marriott think about this flash sale as you are booking through an OTA.

And gone.

Last edited by mlqsko; Jan 30, 2016 at 3:14 am
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Ugh..dead
shows 1 room on a few dates but won't let me book through and pay
Thanks anyway! A great find for anyone able to snag it, enjoy!

Last edited by macft; Jan 30, 2016 at 5:04 am
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Finkface
IAN is right.
He might have been right, but the fool has just realised he'll be on Hawaii island - a complicated commute from a bed in Honolulu

So that'll be a cancellation call.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat

Damn, Missed it. Congrats to those who scored it.... I'm based in Honolulu, so I'll take a couple of weekends if any of you can't make it and reimburse you for the cost!

Thanks for posting guys...
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
I saw this when I got an email alert from extremehoteldeals booked a night in June. Had some coworkers that booked multiple nights throughout the validity period. But I'm reading about amoma now and they don't seem to have very good credibility. I'll wait till next week to see if they cancel on me
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Haven't had a Marriott property that honored such reservations before.. will see if they do this time..

Thanks OP!
I have
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I too have stayed at Marriotts on mistake rates.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I too have stayed at Marriotts on mistake rates.
Maybe it was just a flash sale? Why do you people keep on insisting everything is a mistake rate/fare.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

A rate under $20/night (outside LAS or the third world) is 99% of the time a mistake rate. I have stayed on several. Whatever this was, I'm grateful for EHD and saw the cross post here after I booked.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:12 pm

I wouldn't stay there if you paid me $45 a night. Have stayed there before and it's a a tour bus mecca, across the very busy street from the very busy public beach, the restaurant (free brekkie for plats) has no windows that I remember, pool decks are a few floors up and very old looking, and all in all it's not my idea of a beach resort.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:57 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
A rate under $20/night (outside LAS or the third world) is 99% of the time a mistake rate. I have stayed on several. Whatever this was, I'm grateful for EHD and saw the cross post here after I booked.
Hotels and various travel agencies have had promotion rates of 20.16 and the like. Ramada or red roof inns had one a few years ago, in 2014 I believe for many properties if not most of them.
Its a promotional rate, that comes with a 30+ resort fee, in a highly touristic location.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by frank_10b
Hotels and various travel agencies have had promotion rates of 20.16 and the like. Ramada or red roof inns had one a few years ago, in 2014 I believe for many properties if not most of them.
Its a promotional rate, that comes with a 30+ resort fee, in a highly touristic location.

You'd expect promotional rates to be, errrrrrrrrr, promoted.

But whatever the origin of this rate, cunning marketing ploy or a fat finger, a call to confirm the rate should clear things up ......
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:42 pm

I booked 5 nights for my trip in May. Was planning to go to Kauai... now decided to stay in Oahu. Today the credit card charge is posted and online status is confirmed. However, Marriott could not find my reservation.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Wyd Plat.
Originally Posted by Doublejade
I booked 5 nights for my trip in May. Was planning to go to Kauai... now decided to stay in Oahu. Today the credit card charge is posted and online status is confirmed. However, Marriott could not find my reservation.
Please tell me you did not call Marriott?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
So I actually booked, sorry didn't update on the forum as I was travelling in Oz so was not following the discussions here so closely. However this was exactly what I need for a stay in May and I jumped on it. Booked with Skoosh and have just received this:

Hi A.

Due to a technical error we are not able to confirm your reservation at the Waikiki Marriott. We have already processed the refund and all monies will be returned to your account within 5-7 working days.

We do apologise for any inconvenience and if you have any questions, please let us know.

Best regards

XXX
Skoosh Reservations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.