Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Kyriad AVIGNON - Palais des Papes $31

Kyriad AVIGNON - Palais des Papes $31

Old Dec 23, 15, 9:47 am
  #1  
Used to be highman123
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,650
Kyriad AVIGNON - Palais des Papes $31

Well rated 3-star in perfect location Avignon. Usual rates are around $70

Validated for 2016-03-12, 2016-02-12 (likely more) on orbitz.com
MightyTravels is offline  
Old Dec 23, 15, 4:11 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Amsterdam
Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 1,421
Originally Posted by MightyTravels View Post
Well rated 3-star in perfect location Avignon. Usual rates are around $70

Validated for 2016-03-12, 2016-02-12 (likely more) on orbitz.com
Appreciate the post, but not that great of a rate; definitely not a mistake. Other hotels in the area are $45+. The same hotel for the same nights goes for $38 on Expedia. So cheaper, yes, but not that great.
BobKop is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 2:22 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,139
Originally Posted by BobKop View Post
Appreciate the post, but not that great of a rate; definitely not a mistake. Other hotels in the area are $45+. The same hotel for the same nights goes for $38 on Expedia. So cheaper, yes, but not that great.
Where did the OP mention "mistake"?

This is Hotel deals forum, rather than the hotel mistake deals. If the rate is 50% off from their usual rates - it is a deal. Or it is not?
mlqsko is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 9:00 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Amsterdam
Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 1,421
Originally Posted by mlqsko View Post
Where did the OP mention "mistake"?

This is Hotel deals forum, rather than the hotel mistake deals. If the rate is 50% off from their usual rates - it is a deal. Or it is not?
Depends on your definition of a deal. It's $7 off $38 (their normal rate for this season), so it's only 18% off. These are the rates for that area in the winter, which one cannot compare to their regular rate in the summer and then call it 50% off. Because then you might as well list all the hotels in that area.

He didn't say mistake, but he did say the usual rate is around $70 and that's just not true. Not for the winter it isn't.
BobKop is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 12:02 pm
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by BobKop View Post
Depends on your definition of a deal. It's $7 off $38 (their normal rate for this season), so it's only 18% off. These are the rates for that area in the winter, which one cannot compare to their regular rate in the summer and then call it 50% off. Because then you might as well list all the hotels in that area.

He didn't say mistake, but he did say the usual rate is around $70 and that's just not true. Not for the winter it isn't.
+1

OP often posts junk non-deals
tommywill is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 12:14 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,139
Originally Posted by BobKop View Post
Depends on your definition of a deal. It's $7 off $38 (their normal rate for this season), so it's only 18% off. These are the rates for that area in the winter, which one cannot compare to their regular rate in the summer and then call it 50% off. Because then you might as well list all the hotels in that area.

He didn't say mistake, but he did say the usual rate is around $70 and that's just not true. Not for the winter it isn't.
You completely missed my point.

Originally Posted by tommywill View Post
+1

OP often posts junk non-deals
Welcome to FT, great first post.
mlqsko is offline  
Old Dec 28, 15, 2:48 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,465
Originally Posted by mlqsko View Post
Originally Posted by BobKop View Post
Depends on your definition of a deal. It's $7 off $38 (their normal rate for this season), so it's only 18% off. These are the rates for that area in the winter, which one cannot compare to their regular rate in the summer and then call it 50% off. Because then you might as well list all the hotels in that area.

He didn't say mistake, but he did say the usual rate is around $70 and that's just not true. Not for the winter it isn't.
You completely missed my point.

Originally Posted by tommywill View Post
+1

OP often posts junk non-deals
Welcome to FT, great first post.
I'll second that OP often posts junk posts. Simply because a hotel is under $100 doesn't make it a good deal. The fact that hotels have low seasons doesn't make that whole season a "deal " for posting. "Deal" implies significantly cheaper than comparable hotels in the area at that time of year, or for that hotel that time of year. This comes up every so often, typically when posters with commercial blogs throw darts at a map, and use kayak to find rooms at low season and post them on here.

This came up six months ago.
Adam1222 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread