Best Western Promotions thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Please note:

Do not acquire these gift cards in hopes of trading them in Coupon Connection. Gift cards of any kind may not be offered or requested in Coupon Connection - they are prohibited items.

Spiff, Coupon Connection moderator
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat

It says stay twice between Sep 8th and November 22nd and get a $25. Then it takes 2-3 weeks to deliver (by e-mail... because, you know, those electrons are so dang slow). And then you have to redeem by 4-January!

Worst case - you stay Nov 22. You receive the card Dec 13th, and then have 3 weeks use to use the card. Come on! I'm pissed I've already stayed once at a Best Western before reading the fine print!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
How ridiculous is this $25 Best Western Promo?

You stayed at a BW based on a $12.50 rebate (per stay)?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:32 pm

As the discount voucher is only for a third stay if these rules are correct, the discount per stay is technically 8.33 USD, not 12.50...

Just Google'd it: https://m.bestwestern.com/content/bestwesternmobile/en/giftcardfall2015.html
It's really ridiculous, particularly as there are other BW promos that give you a greater discount per stay without the wait...
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
How ridiculous is this $25 Best Western Promo?

^^ or other promos in general, like, the IHG Accelerate promo :P
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:58 pm

If you can't use it, feel free to gift it. I was the one who started the best western cyber Monday free $25 thread last year and I know a few people were giving away(not bartering or trading or selling) but giving away their $25 decode they could not use. Looking at this credit and the cyber Monday to come thru again and already booked a late December stay cation night.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
If you can't use it, feel free to gift it. I was the one who started the best western cyber Monday free $25 thread last year and I know a few people were giving away(not bartering or trading or selling) but giving away their $25 decode they could not use. Looking at this credit and the cyber Monday to come thru again and already booked a late December stay cation night.
That argument really only holds if you have to stay at a BW...

An offer should provide an incentive for a customer to purchase (which I fail to see - but maybe that's just me and the above posters). If this is an incentive working for their demographics, good (as in cheap) for them.

Other promotions should be discussed in their respective threads.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by nvoi
That argument really only holds if you have to stay at a BW...

An offer should provide an incentive for a customer to purchase (which I fail to see - but maybe that's just me and the above posters). If this is an incentive working for their demographics, good (as in cheap) for them.

Other promotions should be discussed in their respective threads.
Well when your December booking is via a brg and a $100 travel card will be earned...
after doing the same brg in September and October (which led to $3 stays after applying $100 cards) to earn the $25 stay twice credit.
Potential $25 cyber Monday travel card in addition to any leftover $25 cards that won't be used that might be gifted can lead to $0 stay without using up brg travel cards, which can they be accumulated to $200 for a stay in Santa Barbara, which has a couple of nice properties.

Plus 1200 southest airlines points per stay ~$18
Just saying.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:32 am

You really bring honor to your name, mrdeals
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:06 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...m-read-me.html
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
You stayed at a BW based on a $12.50 rebate (per stay)?
Let me rephrase. I was traveling for work (i.e. I was not paying for hotel) in a little city in Norway that only had a BW and a Choice Hotel. I have Choice points (even have a Choice Priveleges Credit Card), while I had 0 BW points. I chose the BW based on anticipated $12.50 net profit per stay.

I believe this was directed towards me, but not sure. Neither the do's or don'ts mention posting about "bad" promotions, and considering there was a similar BW $25 last year on this forum, I thought it was appropriate. Please educate me otherwise if I should have posted this elsewhere.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Well when your December booking is via a brg and a $100 travel card will be earned...
after doing the same brg in September and October (which led to $3 stays after applying $100 cards) to earn the $25 stay twice credit.
Potential $25 cyber Monday travel card in addition to any leftover $25 cards that won't be used that might be gifted can lead to $0 stay without using up brg travel cards, which can they be accumulated to $200 for a stay in Santa Barbara, which has a couple of nice properties.

Plus 1200 southest airlines points per stay ~$18
Just saying.
You're my hero
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:08 pm

I got a BW $50 discount by email. Maybe this will be the same!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:02 pm

Same promo is going on right now, stay twice get $25 travel card. I actually was sent an email last week with a $10 card to use by March 31. Already had a stay Saturday so used it then...

Anyone else get a $10 travel card emailed to them, but not planning to use by 3/31 that they would like to donate, like we did with the cyber Monday 2014 $25 cards that weren't used?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Yea BW needs to improve their promos.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
Same promo is going on right now, stay twice get $25 travel card. I actually was sent an email last week with a $10 card to use by March 31. Already had a stay Saturday so used it then...

Anyone else get a $10 travel card emailed to them, but not planning to use by 3/31 that they would like to donate, like we did with the cyber Monday 2014 $25 cards that weren't used?
How did you apply your $10 card to the rate. I've been trying without much luck... Or perhaps the AAA rate is just cheaper?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.