save $100 when spending at least $100 on Orbitz with MASTERPASS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

save $100 when spending at least $100 on Orbitz with MASTERPASS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Big thanks to OP! 3 nights in Lisbon for a total of 55 USD Worked for 30Sep check-in - Oct1 check-out. Also, you can pick up a few cents via ebates - they have this code posted, so it is legit.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:06 pm

Hi,

Has any had trouble booking this deal? When I select to pay with MasterPass on the Orbitz site, I get an error message "Sorry, there was an error processing your request. Please try again"

Thanks.

Originally Posted by delusion
(Apology if this is already posted)

http://www.orbitz.com/travel-deals/masterpass/

Offer is valid for a limited time only and is only available when displayed on www.orbitz.com. Available on desktop and mobile web where MasterPass is an available payment option. Book a qualifying standalone, pre-paid hotel stay (total cost $100 or more) with travel occurring between September 15, 2015 and September 30, 2015 via Orbitz using MasterPass as the payment method and promo code MASTERPASS, and receive $50 off your booking. Most major chains are excluded; to find participating hotels look for the "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" message on Orbitz.com hotel listings.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:43 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Great deal

Got a 4 star (not those fake 4 star places,) in Stressa on the lake with upgraded room/views for my birthday... net $44. Really cool deal, thanks OP.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:35 pm

Although the promotion says major chains not included. I found that Grand Mercure (not regular Mercure) is not excluded. I tried it in a few China locations, and the promo is eligible in all of them (of course, the base price needs to be >$100).

Also don't forget to sign up for Orbucks. PM me for a referral ($25 for both of us).
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexanderrr
Big thanks to OP! 3 nights in Lisbon for a total of 55 USD Worked for 30Sep check-in - Oct1 check-out. Also, you can pick up a few cents via ebates - they have this code posted, so it is legit.
Originally Posted by medium_alpaca
Although the promotion says major chains not included. I found that Grand Mercure (not regular Mercure) is not excluded. I tried it in a few China locations, and the promo is eligible in all of them (of course, the base price needs to be >$100).
Yeah, you generally have to be travelling overseas -- in a cheap country -- to make much use of this. Portugal and China would both be good destinations. I saw there were good choices in Bali, too.

For the USA, though, it's slim pickings. That said, if I had a few months to travel, I'm sure I'd book something.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by medium_alpaca

Also don't forget to sign up for Orbucks. PM me for a referral ($25 for both of us).
Does anyone definitively know how to get referred if u already happen to be collecting Orbucks in previously opened account?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
It works on Hilton Grand Vacation locations, which is pretty nice. Snagged a Vegas property last time around.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:54 pm

Just booked a 4* Hotel in Melbourne CBD. Will check-in in 2 hrs
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Thanks to OP and AAARRRGHH!!!

Could have made much more use of this in other timeframes. As is, I'm booked up with a Priceline booking near ORD and 9/25 onward in the Seychelles, where all that's left are a handful of really expensive options, mostly $300+.

I DID manage to book the AUH airport hotel, on the grounds, for a nasty 14-hour overnight layover I had at $37 net, or $27 after Orbucks, so that helps. ^^

Looks like it's reusable, so you could build a near-cation around it even without a flight. Lots of hotels not eligible, as others have mentioned, but I notice Extended Stay Americas (ESAs) were showing as eligible, so that might help some.

Prediction: The "supplies" may not "last" on this one, so I'd hop on it if you're in better shape for flexibility than I am. Just got back from 2 days in DEN on the short-lived $30 RT Frontier deal from ATL (this would have been nice to have with that). Seems like a banner month for last-minute stuff.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:30 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nvoi
tried to look for hotels in bangkok during this date range and received "We're sorry the promo code you entered is not valid for this destination." - ironic, considering that the promo image is of thailand.

Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam seem to work.
I am trying Singapore on multiple dates and get the "not valid for this destination" error.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, you generally have to be travelling overseas -- in a cheap country -- to make much use of this. Portugal and China would both be good destinations. I saw there were good choices in Bali, too.

For the USA, though, it's slim pickings. That said, if I had a few months to travel, I'm sure I'd book something.
Depends upon how one interprets "slim" - I picked up two extended stay suites in Northern Virginia for under $20 a night.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Depends upon how one interprets "slim" - I picked up two extended stay suites in Northern Virginia for under $20 a night.
Having ESA in the mix can really help. Could well be possible in some places to do 2 nights at a time.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RustyC
Having ESA in the mix can really help. Could well be possible in some places to do 2 nights at a time.
Yup, if you're just looking for a place to crash, ESA would work.

Best USA deal I've found so far is at the Palm Beach Historic Inn. A quaint boutique property with some character and a 4.5 tripadvisor score. If you avoid the advance purchase rate, it comes out to the magical one dollar (plus tax).

It will likely cost you more than a dollar, but the upscale Sonesta chain is also participating.

http://www.sonesta.com/corporate/?fa...hotelportfolio
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by RustyC
One is a night the Pope is in D.C.; for the other night, I did have to substantially upgrade the room to get to $100
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:36 pm

The landing page now says it expired (sold out) but can confirm MASTERPASS is still working with $100 off as of 1:30AM ET.

Last edited by Viajero Millero; Sep 18, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.