Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Expedia: book a package, get a flight free

http://www.expedia.com/g/u/flight-pa...ffcid=cj552179
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: Enough
Umm... I can't make it do anything. Care to elaborate?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by durberville
Umm... I can't make it do anything. Care to elaborate?
Seems its not a promo, but just marketing. They are trying to show you MIGHt be able to save as much as a price of your flight if you also book an expensive hotel.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: Enough
Oh. I got very excited... that's deceptive marketing.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:35 pm

it's real promo!

normally, Expedia and Airasia will announce a free flight almost every month!
i usually get a free flight just onply paid for a mix dorm hostel! as low as 10usd rtn trip
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:22 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by durberville
Oh. I got very excited... that's deceptive marketing.
A little bit deceptive, depending on your expectations. But there are some good flight and hotel packages on Expedia. I booked Hotel Chicago Downtown AC by Marriott plus flights. I paid 2 nights, got one free. That free night was $200. I looked to see how much to go from SoFlo and that free night was equivalent to a Frontier flight from FLL or wherever they fly from to Chicago.

So say I was looking at booking a hotel in Chicago anyway, and if I were to want to go from FLL and on Frontier. Then the savings of buying a package would have effectively made the flight free.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
A little bit deceptive, depending on your expectations. But there are some good flight and hotel packages on Expedia. I booked Hotel Chicago Downtown AC by Marriott plus flights. I paid 2 nights, got one free. That free night was $200. I looked to see how much to go from SoFlo and that free night was equivalent to a Frontier flight from FLL or wherever they fly from to Chicago.

So say I was looking at booking a hotel in Chicago anyway, and if I were to want to go from FLL and on Frontier. Then the savings of buying a package would have effectively made the flight free.
We don't usually pay $200 for a hotel night in Chicago
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Was checking for flights and hotels in the greater Phoenix area for next week or the week after.
Expedia was quoting $530-$700 for 3 nights hotel stay + round trip flight + taxes.
Was able to get a round trip flight for $177.xx on AA and 3 nights at the same hotel as expedia's (expedia was asking for $570) for $50 per night.
177+ 150= 327 ...
Marketing promos are not always in favor of the customer!!!
Duh!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
I have always had good luck with Expedia packages. Recently I booked two flights at $930 each from LAX to KIX , added a hostel for 40 bucks (that I don't intend on checking in), and the total came out to be $1,280!!! That's over $300 off per person! You can even use the BPG coupons on top of that, although I wouldn't recommend it as it will only take off the price of the hotel (pretax).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.