FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   TopCashBack $34 Credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1681123-topcashback-34-credit.html)

josephstern May 19, 2015 10:18 am

TopCashBack $34 Credit

It's all over the blogs - TCB is doing a $34 hotel credit. For one-night stays in cheap places, especially for business travelers who get this reimbursed, this is a great deal.

You go from TCB to BA.com and make the rez there, and TCB rebates you the $34 at some point. I find TCB to be pretty reliable these days.

http://www.topcashback.com/british-airways/

I'm hoping to use this for some SPG mattress runs. Does anyone know if a reservation made through BA.com qualifies for SPG night and stay credit?

cln May 19, 2015 10:32 am

i don't think it will qualify for stay credit @ SPG

cln May 19, 2015 10:38 am

I'm resident of Germany, will TCB work for me ?

flyinghigh77 May 19, 2015 11:14 am

awesome deal... however, the website says cancellation fees apply for hotels but it does not say how much those fees are... not very transparent... does anyone have more information on this?

SinglePapa2 May 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Not sure how to interpret this topic's title and first paragraph: can $34 be had elsewhere (not on BA.com transaction)?

tatterdema May 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Not sure about the cash back, but BA has a screaming deal on the Riviera in Palm Springs. It SAYS that the resort fee is included, which is an additional $35 a night on other websites. $419 for 5 nights on my dates, and $706 for the next cheapest I can find....

SinglePapa2 May 19, 2015 7:08 pm

For North East USA, I challenge anyone to find a single deal. Absolutely zero hotel or car deals!!

Daichovo May 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Doesn't even recognize the cities of a lot of places I'm going to... and others barely any choices that are overpriced.

iahphx May 19, 2015 7:56 pm

I've now done about 12 car rental and hotel searches at various places around the world and I think I've found one deal -- on a one-day car rental in Dublin (which I still need to check the rules on -- if I can find any rules). This is one of those offers that sounds too good to be true, and generally is! The coverage is limited and the rates generally suck. But run your travels through their search engine and see if you get lucky. If you have enough travel planned, you're bound to find something that's better than the alternative. But this is definitely NOT like Expedia or Orbitz giving a $34 cashback -- it's much, much more limited.

josephstern May 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Yeah - really pretty lame.

Sorry for the thread. I was hoping we'd discover something.

whackyjacky May 19, 2015 8:54 pm

You have to use in someplace where you can get a decent hotel for $60 like Bangkok.

YoProWithAGoPro May 19, 2015 9:57 pm

so if you book at $22 hotel room? do you still get $34 cashback?

what if you end up cancelling the room? hypothetically

cln May 19, 2015 11:16 pm

There are no really cheap rooms available. But some hotels in Bangkok or Frankfurt can be of good value with that code. Check dream hotel Bangkok....

SinglePapa2 May 20, 2015 2:25 am

Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro (Post 24841852)
so if you book at $22 hotel room? do you still get $34 cashback?

what if you end up cancelling the room? hypothetically

TCB takes whatever time to confirm eligibility. Cancel stay = cancel cashback

newstuff May 20, 2015 3:48 am

Like others mentioned, this works best in cheap cities. I found deals in Bangkok and KL. A bit more than other websites, but crazy cheap if the cash back tracks.

Does anyone know if you can use this for multiple bookings? Or is it limited to one per account?

Don't forget there is a TCB referral conga that could get you (or at least another flyertalker) a referral bonus, too!