FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Hilton Doubletree - Zanzibar - Nungwi $27 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1678420-hilton-doubletree-zanzibar-nungwi-27-a.html)

Mitz9060 May 8, 2015 8:30 am

Hilton Doubletree - Zanzibar - Nungwi $27

I was looking on the chase ultimate rewards site and came across a double or twin garden view room for $27 for dates May 23rd-26th. While looking on other booking sites it showed up $100+.

I've only looked for dates around late May since that's when I'll be there, so I'm not sure about other availability.

Temedar May 8, 2015 10:08 am

Also available on Amoma.com

travelisfree May 8, 2015 12:53 pm

After looking Chase in no way says if the rate is refundable or not. The t&c just say what happens if it's non refundable, and if it is. No indication.
Amoma is non-refundable.

-
This is a phenomenal rate, however, it only shows for off-peak, which google says is the time not to go.

Can't find anything under $55 for Septemberish. Yet.

Mitz9060 May 8, 2015 1:54 pm

When looking on Tripadvisor, it takes me to Getaroom for booking. It shows $20+taxes for a non refundable room or $29.25+taxes for a refundable room.

frank_10b May 8, 2015 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by travelisfree (Post 24786654)
After looking Chase in no way says if the rate is refundable or not. The t&c just say what happens if it's non refundable, and if it is. No indication.
Amoma is non-refundable.

-
This is a phenomenal rate, however, it only shows for off-peak, which google says is the time not to go.

Can't find anything under $55 for Septemberish. Yet.

A call to Chase csr (ON GENERAL DISCUSSION OF BOOKINGS AND RESERVATIONS NOT THIS HOTEL) claim it is the way its is listed indicate it is a 3 day advance refundable rate. I have heard of these. otel often has them.

Is this mostly a sun in the fun beach destination for Italians, what else is there to see there? Any with experience here?
Is early June always the rainy season?

R7U May 9, 2015 12:15 am

I stayed there in last November for 3 nights. It is good place to go to snorkelling or fishing, water motor-sports is an option (Seadoos). They also offer all-inclusive package but close to the property are many good places to try local fish dish and fish dishes.

Originally Posted by frank_10b (Post 24787508)
A call to Chase csr (ON GENERAL DISCUSSION OF BOOKINGS AND RESERVATIONS NOT THIS HOTEL) claim it is the way its is listed indicate it is a 3 day advance refundable rate. I have heard of these. otel often has them.

Is this mostly a sun in the fun beach destination for Italians, what else is there to see there? Any with experience here?

IAN-UK May 9, 2015 12:23 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b (Post 24787508)

The hotel is in the resort area around Nungwi, at the north of the island. It's the most focussed area of beach tourism on the island. Not my first choice of destination on Zanzibar, and the Hilton would be way down the list of places to stay there - although at these prices I'd think again :D.

The delight of the island is in the quirkiness of Stone Town and (for me) the lodge-style accommodation on the east-coast.

Unless you like the drama of the rains, and the flies they bring with them, avoid March to May. The shorter, lighter wet season is around November.

frank_10b May 26, 2016 12:24 pm

Any trip reports?

Does status mean anything?

How is wifi at property are power outages still regular occurrence ?
Thanks!

Armin_D May 27, 2016 3:11 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b (Post 26685771)
Any trip reports?

Thanks!

I got upgraded to a sea view room, free wifi as well. I also got early checkin

vvn1972 May 27, 2016 4:15 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b (Post 26685771)
Any trip reports?

Thanks!

Booked queen garden view for 20th honeymoon, got Junior suite ocean facing. WiFi was OK. Nov. 2015.