Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Up to $125 off Vancouver Hotels is back

Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere

The promotion for Vancouver area hotels is back. This time for stays up until April 30th.

https://amex.bevancouver.com/
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:27 pm

so is this a money-maker? how much can one gain (after stay)?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
so is this a money-maker? how much can one gain (after stay)?
No. The value of the AMEX cards does not in any scenario exceed the cost of the hotel room
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:48 pm

I'm also a little confused on how you can "apply the reward card to the cost of the hotel" if all the offers require prepay... Kicking around the idea of a long weekend there and maybe catch a hockey game...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:29 pm

Applying the card to the hotel cost

Originally Posted by acarney
I'm also a little confused on how you can "apply the reward card to the cost of the hotel" if all the offers require prepay... Kicking around the idea of a long weekend there and maybe catch a hockey game...

While the bookings are technically prepaid, in my experience that just means that they are not cancellable. They have you pay with any credit card of your choosing at check in, and you may apply the value of the gift cards and paid less.

They have had the promotion before, at a lower cost. I think that the lowest cost after taxes and fees, less the gift card value is now a little over 40 dollars canadian for the cheapest room -- please post if you find anything cheaper. First time they did it, lowest cost was negative a few dollars.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jeremy Humboldt
While the bookings are technically prepaid, in my experience that just means that they are not cancellable. They have you pay with any credit card of your choosing at check in, and you may apply the value of the gift cards and paid less.

They have had the promotion before, at a lower cost. I think that the lowest cost after taxes and fees, less the gift card value is now a little over 40 dollars canadian for the cheapest room -- please post if you find anything cheaper. First time they did it, lowest cost was negative a few dollars.
That's still pretty decent, especially if I could find that kinda price during a Thur, Fri, Sat night or something. Any recommendations on their hotels that's either in the city core enough to get around totally on foot, or near a subway or light rail metro? (Doesn't Vancouver have a light rail? From the airport?)

I love when I can get around totally by walking or rail. Bus is ok, but I always feel like rail is easier to keep track of where I am/which direction I need to head & seems faster during high traffic times... Oh, plus usually day passes/flat fee...
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
I see that your check-in must be no later than April 31 but I don't see a deadline for actually making a booking. Does that mean you also have until April 30 to make a booking under this offer or could the booking window be shut anytime. Definitely considering a Vancouver exploratory weekend with this deal but just wondering how long I have to decide.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by IDM79
I see that your check-in must be no later than April 31 but I don't see a deadline for actually making a booking. Does that mean you also have until April 30 to make a booking under this offer or could the booking window be shut anytime. Definitely considering a Vancouver exploratory weekend with this deal but just wondering how long I have to decide.
Take their advice to "Book today..."

Because their General T&C's state: "We reserve the right to cancel any promotion at anytime, without notice or explanation."
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:53 pm

Hotel Points and Stay Credit?

Was anyone successful in getting stay credits when this promo ran last time?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:32 pm

https://amex.bevancouver.com/

Looks like this deal is back.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:12 pm

Is the gift card value in USD or CAD? It looks like there are some options where at least the first night the GC is about equal to the hotel rate. Looks like a great deal.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:57 am

It looks like the gift card is in CAD.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:41 pm

is breakfast included in this rates?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MrLynx
is breakfast included in this rates?
Not unless breakfast is a standard benefit for all guests of that hotel.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by acarney
That's still pretty decent, especially if I could find that kinda price during a Thur, Fri, Sat night or something. Any recommendations on their hotels that's either in the city core enough to get around totally on foot, or near a subway or light rail metro? (Doesn't Vancouver have a light rail? From the airport?)

I love when I can get around totally by walking or rail. Bus is ok, but I always feel like rail is easier to keep track of where I am/which direction I need to head & seems faster during high traffic times... Oh, plus usually day passes/flat fee...
There is rail from the airport (they have an 'elevated train' type system that goes underground when it's downtown). Vancouver's downtown is relatively small/walkable and full of hotels so pretty much anything you get there would be within walking distance to everything downtown. If you wanted to explore farther and outside the city, you could get there by bus or rent a car.I personally stayed at the Executive Hotel Vintage Park - I think it's targeted to business travelers (hence the name) and it was pretty nice - it was downtown, but on a more secluded street at the south end of the city.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.