FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   25 USD off any hotel or hotel/car booking, no min spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1650856-25-usd-off-any-hotel-hotel-car-booking-no-min-spend.html)

WORLDWIDE TRAVELER Jan 31, 2015 1:28 pm

I was telling, just check out cheap cities Hotels, like mentioned here as Vegas, Bangkok, and some European Cities.
It's not so hard to check.

SinglePapa2 Jan 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b (Post 24267745)
The car reservations have you enter your credit card; are they freely cancellable?

you see any car day in the US below 40EUR? Any higher doesn't make it interesting

Daichovo Jan 31, 2015 2:03 pm

the link posted by OP does not seem to be working for me, any advice? Or is it dead....

Maayan Jan 31, 2015 3:31 pm

I just used this discount (thanks!) for a night in Phnom Penh. Can someone please explain the "Serviceentgelt" part? Is this something that I stand to be charged extra at the hotel, €15 per person? If it is then this will be more expensive than booking on Expedia... And I'm also concerned that there's no line showing the tax amount, or indicating that it is included...

Tarif / Rate 53,56 €
Serviceentgelt: 15 EUR p. P. 0,00 €
Ermäßigung - 20,00 €
Gesamtbetrag 33,56 €
Gesamtbetrag erhalten. Die angegebene Kreditkarte
und/oder Ihr Membership Rewards Konto wurde wie
folgt belastet:
33,56 €
Restbetrag Zahlung erhalten

anaidross Jan 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Thank you OP for the tip.

Originally Posted by Daichovo (Post 24268612)
the link posted by OP does not seem to be working for me, any advice? Or is it dead....

It is still working. I just made 3 separate bookings.

Originally Posted by Maayan (Post 24268959)
Can someone please explain the "Serviceentgelt" part? Is this something that I stand to be charged extra at the hotel, €15 per person?

I have taxes (Steuern) shown in a separate line.

My service charge (Serviceentgelt: 15 EUR p. P.) line shows 0,00 €.

Therefore I doubt the Serviceentgelt has anything to do with taxes.

In any case, I was issued hotel vouchers via email for presentation during check in.

In the vouchers, no prices have been listed. They also state "This is a prepaid reservation, payable by Orbitz. Only payment for additional services, incidentals and extras to be collected from client."

frank_10b Jan 31, 2015 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 (Post 24268472)
you see any car day in the US below 40EUR? Any higher doesn't make it interesting

I was going to be renting in italy for a month and was just wanting to take 20 e off. but anyone know if it is cancellable?

logix32 Jan 31, 2015 4:45 pm

It looks like they have disabled their car rental search. Been trying for the past 30 minutes to rent a car. Has anyone else been successful in the past hour to rent a car?

WORLDWIDE TRAVELER Jan 31, 2015 6:06 pm

you dont have to pay a service charge, it says 15 euros pp but than you see at your bill 0.
So dont worry you just pay what your final bill tells you.:)
just checked in today with the voucher and thats it.

Maayan Jan 31, 2015 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER (Post 24269497)
you dont have to pay a service charge, it says 15 euros pp but than you see at your bill 0.
So dont worry you just pay what your final bill tells you.:)
just checked in today with the voucher and thats it.

Thanks. On to book a couple more nights. And in the meantime the rate went down €4. :)

toby16custom Jan 31, 2015 7:08 pm

lol American express flagged my card for fraud on their own travel site.

Love it, prob all the seperate bookings

AJollyLife Jan 31, 2015 7:53 pm

I'm getting "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again or call for assistance."

Trying to book hostels in hong kong.

AJollyLife Jan 31, 2015 8:02 pm

I take that back, retrying it a few times worked.

toby16custom Jan 31, 2015 9:40 pm

had the same errors, site is down right now 10:39pmCST

Managed to book berlin @ $37usd a night

This coupon is awesome. ^^

travel light Jan 31, 2015 10:21 pm

Site "Closed for Enhancements"

Says it will reopen in 4 hours.

jaymar01 Jan 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by travel light (Post 24270287)
Says it will reopen in 4 hours.

Why do I think one of the "enhancements" will be a minimum spend requirement?