Wiki Posts
Search

Ubud, Bali - hotel - 3eur for 2 nights 21-23FEB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat

Ubud, Bali - hotel - 3eur for 2 nights 21-23FEB: Pondok Bulan Mas on booking.com - 4 rooms left.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:28 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
anyone book this?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:31 am

That looks like a privately owned b&b please remove this mistake rate.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:02 am
jxd

looks like a slum, good luck to anyone who booked it,
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
That looks like a privately owned b&b please remove this mistake rate.
BB isn't good in this topic???
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by ben63
BB isn't good in this topic???
Not that it is a B&B. It is that booking this deal will financially hurt the family that owns the property.

It is not like an american chain who will report insignificantly smaller profits to its shareholders at the end of 2015. You may well be taking food off the table of a family that is barely surviving. Because a mistake was made when loading the rates. I am sure you have already booked the deal, maybe you will eat at the property and leave very healthy tips.

It is generally frowned upon to publicize such small places mistake rates. Book them yourself if you are happy doing so, it is absolutely your choice. I for one, will not take advantage of a family business.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
Not that it is a B&B. It is that booking this deal will financially hurt the family that owns the property.

It is not like an american chain who will report insignificantly smaller profits to its shareholders at the end of 2015. You may well be taking food off the table of a family that is barely surviving. Because a mistake was made when loading the rates. I am sure you have already booked the deal, maybe you will eat at the property and leave very healthy tips.

It is generally frowned upon to publicize such small places mistake rates. Book them yourself if you are happy doing so, it is absolutely your choice. I for one, will not take advantage of a family business.
Your point of view is typical US. But a lot of reader are from outside...
I think this is not our problem. If you find a cheap deal you can always skip it if you find out that it can financially hurt the owner. However others will book it and will be happy.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by ben63
Your point of view is typical US. others will book it and will be happy.
I'm not from America.

I was pointing out that you are probably taking the livelihood of another hard pressed person for your own personal gain. If you were aware of this at the time of booking, you repulse me. If you were not aware, maybe in the future you would think twice about posting a mistake rate that could screw up a family and stick to deals that would make a negligible difference to a huge corporations bottom line. Like the rest of us.

The flyertalk community has more class than praying on the weak and needy.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond

Agreed! And if it weren't for us "typical Americans" he'd be speaking German.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
Originally Posted by stinger101
Agreed! And if it weren't for us "typical Americans" he'd be speaking German.
Not sure why OP would imply that only Americans have morals to this regard, I firmly agree that taking advantage of this would be damaging to the family owning the B&B.
However,your remark isn't even in the slightest relevant to the topic. But if we want to dig into history, you might all still be British if it weren't for the French
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond

I'd still speak English.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stinger101
I'd still speak English.
And that'd be much better than speaking American!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.