Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kshahk
Please don't acquire these in hopes of trading them. They are not freely transferable.

Items on sale or otherwise reasonably priced to help get to $250:
()

Full list of participating products:
https://www.riteaidrewardrequest.com/YouYear/Products

Qualified Hotels:
http://www.certificates.hyatt.com/Pa...s.aspx/Premier

This is now confirmed for international Hyatt Hotels.

If you order online the order confirmation page will display reward codes (1 for each $50 in purchase).

$15 off $75+ RiteAid.com code: GET15OFF
Print Wikipost

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
Sounds pretty scummy. That's like dining and dashing. You agreed to pay with either certs or cash. Sending in the certs would be the right/honest thing to do.
I was assuming they were going to realize their mistake when they are doing their books for the week/month/however they do it and charge my credit card for the room. Wasn't trying to dine and dash... I have a few stays coming up where I could use the certs so it doesn't really matter to me if I pay cash for this stay and use later, or vice versa. The certs are good until 2016.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
They will catch on and charge your card. I've had this issue happen when I was paying with a Hyatt gift card at the Hyatt Regency Montreal and they ended up charging my card later when they couldn't get the gift card to work (Hyatt really needs to update their GC system). When month end reconciliation occurs, they will realize that the cert isn't attached and bill the card on file.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:13 am

I did both the Jan and Feb promotion, first Jan for the free hotel certs and Feb for the flights. For january I think they got overwhelmed with the weather in boston where their call center is located and it took a few calls to get the ball rolling and booked. While I was calling for Feb to book the flights by the time they followed up my dates I wanted had passed but we figured out nice nonstop flights from LAX to Chicago at the end of july i will be taking for a total of 60 in taxes. Not too shabby. I also asked when I'd receive the hotel certs and they said a few weeks before the hotel date. The following day I happened to get the certs via certified mail sent before my call

All in all if you set yourself reminders for followups it's not a bad deal. The gal I spoke with also said if i want to cancel i need to call hyatt and cancel and i can rebook at a different hotel because i have the certificates at that point.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:30 pm

I initially booked my certs for a Chicago trip I ended up not taking. Almost caused me a problem - I called less than 24 hours in advance to cancel and the CSR told me the hotel had a right to charge my cc for the first night if I wasn't there to give them the cert in person. Fortunately the hotel waived the cancellation fee. I would have been flying standby and while I was on hold, I had the thought that it would be cheaper for me to fly to Chicago, turn in one cert for the first night, then turn around and fly home. Fortunately that didn't have to happen - I'm not cut out to be a mileage runner!!

I was able to rebook for the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore and stayed last weekend. No trouble using the certs, although they seemed a little confused about collecting them. I had some plumbing issues over the weekend so got my other stay expenses comp'd. I've never stayed in a Hyatt Place before and found it satisfactory. Would be a very convenient hotel for sporting events.

I haven't had to go shopping for toiletries since January - this promo had made me aware how much time that has saved me over the past 6 months!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I would really like for this promotion to come back around
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I would really like for this promotion to come back around
You and me both! I really thought they were going to make it a monthly thing for at least a short interval. With January's Year You, and the Fabruary programme next month, I was hoping for more, more. Alas.

It was sort of a pain for jumping through the hoops to get the certs, though it was really worth the trouble. Hundreds of dollars in value for a little work and spend (that you hopefully were going to do anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.