Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kshahk
Please don't acquire these in hopes of trading them. They are not freely transferable.

Items on sale or otherwise reasonably priced to help get to $250:
()

Full list of participating products:
https://www.riteaidrewardrequest.com/YouYear/Products

Qualified Hotels:
http://www.certificates.hyatt.com/Pa...s.aspx/Premier

This is now confirmed for international Hyatt Hotels.

If you order online the order confirmation page will display reward codes (1 for each $50 in purchase).

$15 off $75+ RiteAid.com code: GET15OFF
Print Wikipost

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by imm2b
They will mail you the certs via certified mail after you have confirmed over the phone of your hotel choice. They will tell you that they can't book past 2015, and if they do it for you, it's an exception. Don't worry, the actual expiration date on the certs is April 2016, at least for the ones I got.

Once you have the reservation #, just call Hyatt directly to change to any hotel that has availability with the HSPRN2 code. You can check availability on hyatt.com prior to calling.
I got my callback today. Confirmed the dates. I will add: you have to give them a credit card number for confirmation. You get your certs mailed to you via certified mail. You bring the certs with you on the confirmed original reservation date, and you won't be charged. Be careful though! I was told you need to cancel with Hyatt 72 hours before your reservation (if you want to use your certs some other way). If you don't, they'll charge your credit card as a no-show.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ruhr
I was told you need to cancel with Hyatt 72 hours before your reservation (if you want to use your certs some other way). If you don't, they'll charge your credit card as a no-show.
Actually, it's based on individual hotel's cancelation rule. For the property I booked it's 14 days prior to arrival. Some property it's 24-48 hours or by 6PM day of arrival. It's best check your specific reservation, don't use the blanket 72 hours cancelation rule that they told you.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Actually, it's based on individual hotel's cancelation rule. For the property I booked it's 14 days prior to arrival. Some property it's 24-48 hours or by 6PM day of arrival. It's best check your specific reservation, don't use the blanket 72 hours cancelation rule that they told you.
Thanks for this heads-up, imm2b. I'll be sure to follow the property's cancellation rule if I need to cancel.

Maybe we should put this and the other endgame info in the Wiki so folks can have it?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)

Once you have the reservation #, just call Hyatt directly to change to any hotel that has availability with the HSPRN2 code. You can check availability on hyatt.com prior to calling.
THANK YOU! exactly what i needed to know
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Refill
Not sure I can justify spending $250 on the limited product list.
I easily spent $250 on Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor Blades. They never expire and will eventually get used unless you die first.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by DCBob
I easily spent $250 on Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor Blades. They never expire and will eventually get used unless you die first.
And for me, having the blades would provide me with additional incentive not to die before they are used up.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
I spent on consumables--stuff that I am going to use. Vitamins, supplements, cans of soup, light bulbs etc. I just really stocked up. Nice to be rewarded to buy stuff I was going to any way!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:12 am

I submitted my online form with my choice of 3 hotels on Wed 2/4, and still haven't gotten a call or email telling me if my choices will be honored. This coming Tues (Mon is a holiday) is the 8th business day. Based on others' accounts, sounds like that's the day I'll be contacted. If not, I'll call in (and likely have to wait an hour before I get a person).
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I received a call on the 8th business day (12th calendar day), in the evening. I missed the call. I returned the call but couldn't get through, so I left a message. I received an email telling me to call by Feb 17 (today). I had to call twice to get through to someone, and then the booking agent was busy, so I had to wait for a call back, but once the booking agent called me back, she was very professional and courteous.

Overall, I'm thrilled with the promotion -- I bought (and resold on eBay) $250 worth of Nicorette, and I get a 2-night stay in Hong Kong worth $615 US that I was going to pay for anyhow. ^

I received an email confirmation of the booking within minutes of the phone call (it looks like a standard Hyatt reservation confirmation, with a confirmation number that checks on Hyatt.com). Agent said the certificates will come by USPS Certified Mail next week.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I received a call on the 8th business day (12th calendar day), in the evening. I missed the call. I returned the call but couldn't get through, so I left a message. I received an email telling me to call by Feb 17 (today). I had to call twice to get through to someone, and then the booking agent was busy, so I had to wait for a call back, but once the booking agent called me back, she was very professional and courteous.

Overall, I'm thrilled with the promotion -- I bought (and resold on eBay) $250 worth of Nicorette, and I get a 2-night stay in Hong Kong worth $615 US that I was going to pay for anyhow. ^

I received an email confirmation of the booking within minutes of the phone call (it looks like a standard Hyatt reservation confirmation, with a confirmation number that checks on Hyatt.com). Agent said the certificates will come by USPS Certified Mail next week.
That's great to hear, platbrownguy. That was sort of my experience too. They waited until the last minute to call. I missed the call. It was a little crazy calling them back, but they did return my call and confirmed my booking. In my case, I'm getting two nights at the Hyatt Regency Washington DC worth between US$340/398 at current prepay/regular rates.

This was a great promotion for January. The current Rite Aid Fabuary promotion is ending soon, but this time there was no hotel stay offered at the highest tier, so I did not feel the need to participate this month. Maybe Rite Aid will keep this up with a similar March or spring promotion. If they do, I'm going to take advantage of them if hotel stays are offered at the highest tier! It's a little bit of a pain to redeem, but the reward is totally worth it!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:19 pm

I placed an order last night and didn't get my rewards codes in the confirmation email, unlike in January. I called and was told they have moved them to the packing slips.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
If you select email, do they still require a call back? I usually do not get international calling for my phone, but will be out of the country on business day 8.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by OceanBreezes
If you select email, do they still require a call back? I usually do not get international calling for my phone, but will be out of the country on business day 8.
I selected email, but they still called me today on the 8th day. I was fortunate to answer the call and got my first choice. I got an email confirmation minutes later. The rep said my certs will come in the mail in a couple weeks.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by OceanBreezes
Yes, I also selected email because I was traveling on business day 8, but it does not appear that they have an email booking system in place. At best, they'll email you to tell you to call them by some date a few days in the future, and odds are they'll call you as well.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I selected email, but they still called me today on the 8th day. I was fortunate to answer the call and got my first choice. I got an email confirmation minutes later. The rep said my certs will come in the mail in a couple weeks.
+1 Dave, good to hear that it worked out for you. I was worried about you. Enjoy your stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.