Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kshahk
Please don't acquire these in hopes of trading them. They are not freely transferable.

Items on sale or otherwise reasonably priced to help get to $250:
()

Full list of participating products:
https://www.riteaidrewardrequest.com/YouYear/Products

Qualified Hotels:
http://www.certificates.hyatt.com/Pa...s.aspx/Premier

This is now confirmed for international Hyatt Hotels.

If you order online the order confirmation page will display reward codes (1 for each $50 in purchase).

$15 off $75+ RiteAid.com code: GET15OFF
Print Wikipost

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I just remembered I mailed my hyatt forms off in late Feb and still have not gotten anything in the mail or phone call yet? is there a phone number I should call, I cant get to my papers till end of the week.

Last edited by yuel; Mar 30, 2015 at 11:28 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by yuel
I just remembered I mail my hyatt forms off in late Feb and still have not gotten anything in the mail or phone call yet? is there a phone number I should call, I cant get to my papers till end of the week.
If you have any questions about this reward please call us on (844) 579-1644 or email us at [email protected] Monday-Friday 9am-8pm ET or Saturday 9:30AM - 6PM ET (excluding public holidays).
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:32 pm

I just spoke to somebody that reached out to me to verify the dates and locations, she said that they need to check for the promotional - seat availability and will let me know tomorrow?

I wonder what promotional / seat availability they are pulling from?

Update... Every single deadline this company has set for themselves has elapsed... From the first 10 day mailing in deadline, to the 8 days after submitting booking code /will hear from agent, from the "I will call you back tomorrow" , all of it. This company needs to seriously address this. I can't imagine how they do business with other companies honestly

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Apr 2, 2015 at 10:42 am
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:04 pm

Finally got a call this morning, ticket is booked. $995 value. Just got off the phone with Delta. Switched to another trip entirely... Online tried to charge $200 change fee (even though it's within 24 hours) but the phone agent was nice enough to change my flight no charge. And I have a $75 delta voucher and an awesome vacation that I'm actually going to enjoy :-)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Is this certificate just like hyatt certificate?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:12 pm

Free flight offer

Submitted the form for a free flight from the Feb. Promotion in late March. Haven't heard from them so have called now twice. Both times have been assured that a travel agent would contact me in the couple days but I am skeptical now. Any advice from FTers? Is there a special phone number; I've been calling 844-579-1644.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
Submitted the form for a free flight from the Feb. Promotion in late March. Haven't heard from them so have called now twice. Both times have been assured that a travel agent would contact me in the couple days but I am skeptical now. Any advice from FTers? Is there a special phone number; I've been calling 844-579-1644.
Same situation here, I wouldnt be too skeptical, too many others have received there flts or hyatt stays, which i am waiting for my call back for my hyatt cert
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:42 pm

Gave info in Feb, still no certificates

I spoke with the agent, who was very kind and helpful, in February
and gave my credit card info and choice of hotel. I still have not
received the certificate.

I phoned yesterday and a different agent said they would arrive
2 to 3 weeks prior to reservation in August. That is a problem,
because I am traveling that time.

Ideas?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by pilgrim
I spoke with the agent, who was very kind and helpful, in February
and gave my credit card info and choice of hotel. I still have not
received the certificate.

I phoned yesterday and a different agent said they would arrive
2 to 3 weeks prior to reservation in August. That is a problem,
because I am traveling that time.

Ideas?
I received the same answer when I called. Apparently, RA changed up the way the certificates were being sent out as I was told I'd receive them within 2 weeks after I booked. I was told I would be able to change my reservation if needed though. That might be an option for you. Change the reservation to something that is available within the next 2 months and then cancel that reservation once you receive the certificates. From what I was told, it might be a pain to do so, but it can be done.

If that doesn't work, is there a way for someone to mail you the certificates once they are received? If so, that person could overnight you the certificates to wherever you are staying.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
I was told I would be able to change my reservation if needed though.
I called the Hyatt Diamond line to change my reservation...very easy. It was the same as changing any reservation. This experience could differ depending on availability at the hotel you want.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by OceanBreezes
I called the Hyatt Diamond line to change my reservation...very easy. It was the same as changing any reservation. This experience could differ depending on availability at the hotel you want.
Does RA know you changed your reservation? It was my understanding it would need to be initiated with them so that they could have Hyatt send out the certificates. You can book a certificate rate without a certificate.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
It sounds like they are a bit behind. The original T&C said that " Within 8 days of Booking Form submission, Customer will be sent an email with flight availability. " That seems pretty clear.

When I filled out the booking form, it changed to "8 business days".

When I called just now, it changed to "15 days".
Old May 4, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Hey gang, just wanted to close the loop and report back that I used my two certs without incident at a Hyatt Regency this past weekend. Surrendered my certs during check-in and they were as good as cash! No problems during checkout. Total due at checkout--a big fat ZERO. It would have cost about US$330 otherwise. This was overall a good redemption, despite the hoops I had to jump through to get the certs.

I hope that folks who had been waiting on Rite Aid have gotten their certs. Enjoy your free nights at the Hyatt when the time comes!

Ruhr
Old May 9, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
flights update: After waiting about 20 days, instead of the promised 8, they finally got back to me. (It might have been longer had I not been bugging them. )

At that point, they told me that none of my flight dates would work because they spanned more than one month. I asked where in the T&C it mentions anything about this. They admitted it's not in there, but there is a clause saying "subject to availability" and that they can change the rules whenever they want. Recall that they deleted Hawaii from the list earlier as well.

I was able to find a trip that I could use, but of less value. They seemed to want to stick to nearly the lowest available airfare, which was about $270'ish in this case (though I did get United and I will earn miles, apparently). I had to pay $50 in taxes and fees, which surprised me, since award tickets are only about $11. They said that $10 was a travel agent fee.

In the end, I didn't really save any money (given that the Rite Aid prices I got online weren't great), so it definitely wasn't worth the trouble and frustration (unlike for the Hyatt certs). After they denied my first 3 choices, I had to book that flight on my own, and it was getting close to departure so I lost a little bit there. The flight I did get from the Rite Aid promo was technically worth about $220, but if I waited for a sale and chose different dates, I probably could have gotten it for much less.

Speaking of Hyatt certs, I'm still waiting on my own. I asked them to send them early, and they said they would, but it didn't happen.
Old May 10, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by BigE
flights update: After waiting about 20 days, instead of the promised 8, they finally got back to me. (It might have been longer had I not been bugging them. )

At that point, they told me that none of my flight dates would work because they spanned more than one month. I asked where in the T&C it mentions anything about this. They admitted it's not in there, but there is a clause saying "subject to availability" and that they can change the rules whenever they want. Recall that they deleted Hawaii from the list earlier as well.

I was able to find a trip that I could use, but of less value. They seemed to want to stick to nearly the lowest available airfare, which was about $270'ish in this case (though I did get United and I will earn miles, apparently). I had to pay $50 in taxes and fees, which surprised me, since award tickets are only about $11. They said that $10 was a travel agent fee.

In the end, I didn't really save any money (given that the Rite Aid prices I got online weren't great), so it definitely wasn't worth the trouble and frustration (unlike for the Hyatt certs). After they denied my first 3 choices, I had to book that flight on my own, and it was getting close to departure so I lost a little bit there. The flight I did get from the Rite Aid promo was technically worth about $220, but if I waited for a sale and chose different dates, I probably could have gotten it for much less.

Speaking of Hyatt certs, I'm still waiting on my own. I asked them to send them early, and they said they would, but it didn't happen.
This was my experience as well. I called multiple times in order to get the flight booked and it still was over 2 weeks after I submitted the form. At first it looked like they were going to be able to book one of my choices, which were expensive transcontinental flights, but then those flights became unavailable for booking.

Ended up booking a flight on dates slightly outside of the advertised range in the terms and conditions because there were no available dates to my 3 destinations over the next 3 months. I was also charged all of the taxes that are charged on a normal revenue ticket, not just the $11 9/11 TSA fee charged on award tickets, and a $10 fee. But I called the airline to change the flights the day after purchase with no problem; they said any refund would have to be on the credit card that was used to purchase the ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.