Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kshahk
Please don't acquire these in hopes of trading them. They are not freely transferable.

Items on sale or otherwise reasonably priced to help get to $250:
()

Full list of participating products:
https://www.riteaidrewardrequest.com/YouYear/Products

Qualified Hotels:
http://www.certificates.hyatt.com/Pa...s.aspx/Premier

This is now confirmed for international Hyatt Hotels.

If you order online the order confirmation page will display reward codes (1 for each $50 in purchase).

$15 off $75+ RiteAid.com code: GET15OFF
Print Wikipost

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by amieee
I have been planning to book either the 7 day resort or flight. I'm leaning towards flight and I'm in NY so if I choose the flight I'll probably choose JFK, LGA or Islip departure. Now my question is, what's the best destination? I MIGHT try to cancel and get credit for a further date since I read that that should work... Any thoughts or anyone try this yet?

If I do the 7 day resort, I'd probably choose disney but I would have 3 kids and my parents going but the t&c says max occupancy of 4... Any thoughts on booking for 4 and then changing to 8 or 10? Trying to spend as little money as possible for a summer trip with the kids...

Also, I'm trying to go for end of August for the flight but it seems that might not be possible given 4 month time frame from booking date. Do you think they'd be lenient on that?
For the 7-night stay, did you try clicking "upgrade"? Often that will show more options (more bedrooms), at a price.

If you can actually use a 7-night resort stay within your travels, that sounds like a good deal to me.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by rocksurf
They said they would come in a week but I have been waiting over 3 weeks for the certificates. Wondering if they will ever come. Customer service is horrible - they never answer the phone and they don't call back. Will not be doing any more Rite Aid promos like this.
I have been waiting 4 weeks. I hate Rite Aid !!!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:12 am

Update on booking flights: Got a call from a Boston number. Agent said she was calling from Rite Aid to book my rewards flight. Confirmed my city pairs and offered me my first choice of dates. Called me back 15 minutes later to confirm that my husband and I were booked on a non-stop flight on AA over memorial day weekend and billed my cc for the taxes. Once I receive the email confirm I should be able to choose seats. So far so good.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rocksurf
They said they would come in a week but I have been waiting over 3 weeks for the certificates. Wondering if they will ever come. Customer service is horrible - they never answer the phone and they don't call back. Will not be doing any more Rite Aid promos like this.
Still waiting for the certs also.....will call tomorrow.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Still waiting for the certs also.....will call tomorrow.
Please let us know what you find out. I expect a wait and as long as the certificates come in the next couple of weeks it will all be fine, but I am a little concerned that we have not yet heard any reports of anyone's receiving the certificates.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Please let us know what you find out. I expect a wait and as long as the certificates come in the next couple of weeks it will all be fine, but I am a little concerned that we have not yet heard any reports of anyone's receiving the certificates.

I received my certificates yesterday.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Hyatt Nights Booking Process

I got an e-mail with the booking code more than a month ago at the end of January. I filled out the form online with three hotel choices and submitted it on 3/5.

I got an e-mail reply and voice mail message today, 3/11. I called Robert in Boston and he answered on my first try.

I told him to forget about my first choice at the GH BKK since I want to stay there in early April, but am departing in 10 days. I told him I had checked availability online using the Hyatt code HSPRN2 at both the HR Shatin and the HR TST in Hong Kong for various dates at the end of May. I told him the HR TST is better and the dates I wanted, which were different than what I had entered on the form. He booked the HR TST for the dates I wanted and took my cc info. I gave him my Hyatt GP# and he entered it into my reservation and I can now see my reservation in my GP account.

He said the cert. would come by certified mail before my departure (not w/in a week like I thought he would say). He said they are good for the year. If the cert. doesn't arrive within a week of my stay at the end of May, I will cancel my reservation (actually change it to a cash and points stay) and use the cert. another time.

I enjoyed talking to Robert. I told him about FT. He wants to travel to Asia one day.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Has anybody been able to figure out the change/cancel policy on the plane tickets booked for the Fabuary promotion? Is it a $200 change fee and then business as usual?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:03 pm

Hi guys, another question... My sister was thinking of doing the cruise... I'm going to call but I thought maybe I'd get some suggestions/thoughts here... The cruise says 2-3 day cruise... I'm in NY and the "destinations" listed have no cruises from NY that's 2-3 days at least. Any thoughts on this? The minimum cruise from NY that has a destination is 4-5 days... (Carnival to St. Johns/Canada... I believe...)
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by amieee
Hi guys, another question... My sister was thinking of doing the cruise... I'm going to call but I thought maybe I'd get some suggestions/thoughts here... The cruise says 2-3 day cruise... I'm in NY and the "destinations" listed have no cruises from NY that's 2-3 days at least. Any thoughts on this? The minimum cruise from NY that has a destination is 4-5 days... (Carnival to St. Johns/Canada... I believe...)
I thought the cruise was like a two for one deal, don't you have to pay for one passenger? Didn't seem like a straight up free cruise.

Originally Posted by crosc
I received my certificates yesterday.
Outstanding! Thanks so much for posting that. I'll wait a few weeks before I become concerned.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:59 am

I called yesterday; they said they mailed my cert on 3/9. I was called and booked the hotels on 2/17. It took 3 weeks for them to mail the cert.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Possible scam alert — I have now been told they have no flight availability from SIX different departure cities to NINE different arrival cities THROUGH the end of schedule.

It's like they have no availability at all...

I keep asking what inventory buckets they are using to search availability, and the travel "agents" have no clue...

Can anybody figure out what's going on here?

Are they using miles?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
Possible scam alert — I have now been told they have no flight availability from SIX different departure cities to NINE different arrival cities THROUGH the end of schedule.

It's like they have no availability at all...

I keep asking what inventory buckets they are using to search availability, and the travel "agents" have no clue...

Can anybody figure out what's going on here?

Are they using miles?
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time booking your flights. My flights are booked on American in S and L class, so discount economy. Each ticket shows a cash value of ~$550. I was able to pull the res up on AA dot com and add my Advantage number with no issues. Hope that helps!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by MSlyeGirl
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time booking your flights. My flights are booked on American in S and L class, so discount economy. Each ticket shows a cash value of ~$550. I was able to pull the res up on AA dot com and add my Advantage number with no issues. Hope that helps!
Wow, I wish I'd done this promo too now. I didn't realize they'd use real airlines. I suppose you could easily cancel those tickets and apply the value (minus $200 change fee per ticket) to the flight of your choice?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by stvr
Out of curiosity, which cities were you looking at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.