Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] $100 off Hotel Bookings on Orbitz Using VISA Checkout

[EXPIRED] $100 off Hotel Bookings on Orbitz Using VISA Checkout

Old Dec 1, 14, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by gnargel View Post
If only you could have booked faster and used the whole $ 1.000.000 yourself for 10.000 nights, right?
^^^^
Old Dec 1, 14, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by valdor View Post
I was able to book a room for 4$ using my Australian MASTERCARD! Seems odd that Checkout by Visa would let me link a mc but oh well.
I used my SPG Amex without any issues to book stays in Japan. I think the deal was purposely activated later in the morning to screw us office slaves over. Next year, I'm taking the morning off, lol.
Old Dec 1, 14, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77 View Post
it was live for 2 1/2 hrs - 11am eastern to 1.30pm eastern
retracted comment, early on posts have accurate info regarding deal start times and conditions.

Last edited by VaguelyAsian; Dec 1, 14 at 6:53 pm Reason: read earlier posts regarding deal activation time which has more accurate info
Old Dec 1, 14, 8:27 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
And thank you OP I brought 14 days in Gold Coast , australia over xmas holidays for $208usd with breakfast
Old Dec 1, 14, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
loved the promo but Orbitz's hotel selection not so much

Thanks OP for the information. I was able to book about 5 stays, so got some very nice hotels for nice discounts (cost was mostly taxes). But overall, I wasn't really impressed with Orbitz's room inventory. I don't know if they just held back a lot due to the promotion or what. But several places/dates I checked (admittedly, somewhat out of the way international), hotels through Orbitz showed no availability even though the exact same hotels showed availability on other websites (hotels.com, agoda...). I saw a couple where the Orbitz rate was vastly inflated, e.g. a nice appearing, but very poorly rated hotel was about $140 on Orbitz but $55 elsewhere. The Orbitz hotel selection was surprisingly small in a couple locations I checked. From this experience, Orbitz will not become my first choice in hotel booking.
Old Dec 1, 14, 8:50 pm

I'm so angry I missed this deal. I knew about it all weekend but I procrastinated on booking the rooms until it was too late.
Old Dec 1, 14, 9:09 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Fly1Away1 View Post
I'm so angry I missed this deal. I knew about it all weekend but I procrastinated on booking the rooms until it was too late.
But you didn't give a heads up here? Karma.
Old Dec 1, 14, 9:25 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
This bs happened in the middle of my busiest work morning, just missed out on hundreds of dollars of savings, I am traumatized, can't believe it...
Old Dec 1, 14, 10:15 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I forgot to join to earn the Orbucks can I join and collect the rewards on my bookings? I should have about $50USD there .
Old Dec 1, 14, 10:56 pm

This deal started way after my bedtime, but totally worth it. Was able to book a decent place for a great price. Thanks for posting this deal! ^
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Originally Posted by ksf45632 View Post
THANK YOU OP!!! My hubby and I are "studying" abroad in Europe and booked 28 hotel nights!! Can't thank you enough!
Lol that's awesome!!!!

10 nights total here
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:52 pm

Picked up 2, since SIN, HKG, and Thailand were excluded. There was a whole lot of garbage available in Almaty.

Ended up getting 1 night in Mumbai, and 1 in Johor Bahru for the weekend.

Too bad I already had Seoul and Taipei hotels booked, or I could have used it there as well.
Old Dec 2, 14, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You definitely had to be in the right place at the right time! I had just come off a redeye, quickly caught up on some work, and then looked at flyertalk and saw this deal. I fiddled for less than 10 minutes to try to find some hotels that I could use and -- poof -- deal was gone.

Tough to miss this one as it could have been extremely lucrative, but we all know that travel sometimes gets in the way of booking more travel. I'll hope for better luck next deal.
Old Dec 2, 14, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Shanye2233 View Post
I forgot to join to earn the Orbucks can I join and collect the rewards on my bookings? I should have about $50USD there .
I had a popup for that so i was quick to click yes. The extra discount was useful
Old Dec 2, 14, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema View Post
But you didn't give a heads up here? Karma.
it was on a lot of blogs. i figured the blogs get the info from FT.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: