Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] $100 off Hotel Bookings on Orbitz Using VISA Checkout

[EXPIRED] $100 off Hotel Bookings on Orbitz Using VISA Checkout

Old Dec 1, 14, 10:53 am
  #46  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BOS/ORH
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 18,054
I just completed 5 bookings. Technically I think one can make a separate booking each day and just check in and check out each day. Some hotels may let you keep the same room. I wish I had more details about my Auckland portion of OZ fest id book up the whole trip. Although one of the places I bought was just the taxes because the room was under $100.

Now I'm thinking the dumb thing I did was booked 2 day stay on a back to back MR. I should have just booked 2 different hotels since I'm not actually spending much time in the room.
CDKing is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 10:53 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Gold, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 466
Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
Is this expected?

I seem to able to re-order again (on booking #2), using same Orbitz account and same VISA account/CC
Still see the $100 promo applied

comes to ~$30/night in Central Istanbul for May 2015!!!
Good to know! I'll give it a shot!
emofeng is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 10:53 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SFO, DFW
Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,357
Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
Is this expected?

I seem to able to re-order again (on booking #2), using same Orbitz account and same VISA account/CC
Still see the $100 promo applied

comes to ~$30/night in Central Istanbul for May 2015!!!
The T/C only say "one code per booking." Not one per account.
gooseman13 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 10:55 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by SirJman View Post
HKG, Thailand, SIN are always excluded from Orbitz/Cheaptickets promos
Can I use this if UK based?
amit1978 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:08 am
  #50  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 60137
Posts: 10,380
$40 net NYE @ Chicago Club Quarters downtown.
sonofzeus is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:09 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Posts: 1,266
it does say "limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking"

it does NOT say "limit one code per stay" and it does NOT say "limit one code per account"

from my point of view you can book several single nights (one code per booking) in the same hotel without violating the t&c
flyinghigh77 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:21 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: EWR, SLC, SGN
Posts: 1,093
Originally Posted by CDKing View Post
Although one of the places I bought was just the taxes because the room was under $100.
T&C do say rooms over 100 though. When I click on a room under 100, even when taxes push it over 100, the promo rate disappears. Interesting you were able to get it to work.
maverick17 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:22 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SFO, DFW
Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,357
Originally Posted by maverick17 View Post
T&C do say rooms over 100 though. When I click on a room under 100, even when taxes push it over 100, the promo rate disappears. Interesting you were able to get it to work.
Room rate needs to be at least $100 for me as well.
gooseman13 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:23 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Posts: 1,266
Originally Posted by maverick17 View Post
T&C do say rooms over 100 though. When I click on a room under 100, even when taxes push it over 100, the promo rate disappears. Interesting you were able to get it to work.
it has to be 100 USD before taxes
flyinghigh77 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:23 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Posts: 232
just made 3X1 night bookings in REP(consecutive nights) and 2x 2 nights in BUD .no problems whatsoever .thanks for the $500 Visa and O
olgsr is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:25 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Posts: 1,477
Fantastic deal. Best to screenshot the T&C just in case...

Also, here's the image for future reference.



Visa Checkout Terms & Conditions
Offer is valid for a limited time only and is only available when displayed on www.orbitz.com. Available on desktop, mobile web, and on Orbitz mobile apps that include Visa Checkout as a payment option. Book a qualifying standalone, pre-paid hotel for $100 or more for a stay occurring between December 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 via Orbitz using Visa Checkout as the payment method and promo code VISACHECKOUT, and receive $100 off your booking. Most major chains are excluded; to find participating hotels look for the "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" message on Orbitz.com hotel listings. You must enter your promotion code prior to completing your booking to receive the savings; promotion codes cannot be applied to bookings previously made. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Promotion codes are non-transferrable, not for resale, and cannot be combined with other offers. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion.
Bonaventure is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:38 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Gold, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 466
Originally Posted by Bonaventure View Post
Fantastic deal. Best to screenshot the T&C just in case...

Also, here's the image for future reference.



Visa Checkout Terms & Conditions
Offer is valid for a limited time only and is only available when displayed on www.orbitz.com. Available on desktop, mobile web, and on Orbitz mobile apps that include Visa Checkout as a payment option. Book a qualifying standalone, pre-paid hotel for $100 or more for a stay occurring between December 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 via Orbitz using Visa Checkout as the payment method and promo code VISACHECKOUT, and receive $100 off your booking. Most major chains are excluded; to find participating hotels look for the "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" message on Orbitz.com hotel listings. You must enter your promotion code prior to completing your booking to receive the savings; promotion codes cannot be applied to bookings previously made. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Promotion codes are non-transferrable, not for resale, and cannot be combined with other offers. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion.
Nicely done! Thanks! May need it!
emofeng is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:39 am
  #58  
Moderator, Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TIJ/SAN
Programs: Delta Silver. Hilton Diamond.
Posts: 1,467
I doubt Orbitz intended for people to make a bunch of consecutive one-night bookings. But I don't see anything in the terms prohibiting that! So I just made several consecutive one-night bookings in places where I needed a hotel anyway. It might have been safer to use different Orbitz accounts for each booking, but I didn't. It will be fun to see what happens.
ChrisFlyer66 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 11:53 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Posts: 9,495
Orbitz availability displays are insane. They change from zero hotels available in all of Tokyo to a wide variety but then disappear again. What a junk!
skywalkerLAX is offline  
Old Dec 1, 14, 12:00 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SFO, DFW
Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,357
Promo code doesn't appear to work for bookings in Thailand.
gooseman13 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: