Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Omni Berkshire Place new york $49 suite

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by 2mg
It appears a number of us will be there in June ;-)
Well, that is if the hotel allows these to stick - which I hope they do.
If all goes well, I might just be
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:34 pm
2mg

Ressies still...

Intact. I probably shouldn't obsess over them JIC.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:21 am

Anyone heard back from the hotel?

My apologies. I had no idea.....

Last edited by cesarvasquezt; Oct 1, 2014 at 12:58 pm Reason: I should not have mentioned that on a forum
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by cesarvasquezt
I also booked through this offer and have not heard back from the hotel nor getaroom.com Did anyone hear back from either one? I called the OMNI and they see my reservation. SHould I assume it will be all good?
What did you do that for? One of the rules of FT is DO NOT CALL.

You could have retrieved your reservation info by going on their website.

If you are that nervous about your booking, cancel it.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:44 pm

I also booked through this offer and have not heard back from the hotel nor getaroom.com Did anyone hear back from either one? I called the OMNI and they see my reservation. SHould I assume it will be all good?
That's very selfish of you. Please don't call and ruin it for others.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
My apologies. I had no idea.....

Reason for editing: "I should not have mentioned that on a forum". That's even worse. It's not about not mentioning it on a forum, it's about not freakin calling the hotel. Have you even taken the time to read the best practises? (that's a rethorical question)
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:33 pm

Geez people. Relax. Cut the person some slack. Just joined. So catty.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:38 pm

While I wouldn't be alerting the hotel to these bookings... It's not like they won't find out eventually... they can cancel if they want any time.... so I'm not sure it's going to matter one way or the other. If they want to cancel them later, they still will

Last edited by DealAddict; Oct 1, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:37 pm

To the two posters immediately above:

1) In the MR deals forum, it does not matter whether someone is a newbie or not. DO NOT CALL is a rule.

2) Sure, the hotel may cancel anyway but there is nothing to be gained by calling the hotel. This cannot be disputed. The situation can only get worse, which, of course, is not a certainty.

3) Don't forget that this was done when the information is readily available on the website. This is far different from another scenario, where it is also wrong to call, of whether a booking is there when no there is no other source confirming it.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin

2) Sure, the hotel may cancel anyway but there is nothing to be gained by calling the hotel. This cannot be disputed. The situation can only get worse, which, of course, is not a certainty.
Well, what is the likelihood of them honoring this deal? I'd say pretty slim. But yes, nothing gained by calling

Last edited by DealAddict; Oct 1, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Well, what is the likelihood of them honoring this deal? I'd say pretty slim. But yes, nothing gained by calling
I think the issue is multifold
a) even while new, the poster should not have called, if anything, posting on the parent thread where the fare or price is posted will provide the datapoints he/she needed. After all, where did the information come from and where did the poster get it from? If here, why run to the hotel and ask them????

b) I am not sure the poster even understood the Do not call part. If you check their reason for removing the post, it reads "I should not have mentioned that on a forum " - that being the call. Not sure they get why they should not have called - their reason is mentioning the call on FT, not that they called.

c) Finally to address nothing gained by calling, it is more likely to harm the bookings of others if the agent who took the call was astute and diligent enough to report the call and price higher up. Given there are bookings well into June of next year, by calling and raising awareness to the rate is only asking for trouble, so No, not just nothing gained, but possibly harmed.

Originally Posted by FAllWay
Geez people. Relax. Cut the person some slack. Just joined. So catty.
The newness of the poster may have been a reason for their enthusiasm and at getting in on a deal and then jeopardizing it for others because of their naivety. Its not exactly a great way to start on FT but the response of others is also not like cattiness where a new person asks a question like what is an ETC and gets shot down (that I disapprove of on FT).
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:07 am

Totally agree. I will also add a point d below in blue which already mentioned earlier.

Originally Posted by neuron
I think the issue is multifold
a) even while new, the poster should not have called, if anything, posting on the parent thread where the fare or price is posted will provide the datapoints he/she needed. After all, where did the information come from and where did the poster get it from? If here, why run to the hotel and ask them????

b) I am not sure the poster even understood the Do not call part. If you check their reason for removing the post, it reads "I should not have mentioned that on a forum " - that being the call. Not sure they get why they should not have called - their reason is mentioning the call on FT, not that they called.

c) Finally to address nothing gained by calling, it is more likely to harm the bookings of others if the agent who took the call was astute and diligent enough to report the call and price higher up. Given there are bookings well into June of next year, by calling and raising awareness to the rate is only asking for trouble, so No, not just nothing gained, but possibly harmed.

d) The Omni website is capable of displaying an existing reservation. There really was not a reason to call.

The newness of the poster may have been a reason for their enthusiasm and at getting in on a deal and then jeopardizing it for others because of their naivety. Its not exactly a great way to start on FT but the response of others is also not like cattiness where a new person asks a question like what is an ETC and gets shot down (that I disapprove of on FT).

Last edited by mudd_stuffin; Oct 2, 2014 at 10:14 am
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:57 am

we may need some reservation datapoints. I am March 26 to 28. Anyone have anything sooner?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by trubador
we may need some reservation datapoints. I am March 26 to 28. Anyone have anything sooner?
All my dates are in April.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:21 pm

How to access reservation on Omni website?

d) The Omni website is capable of displaying an existing reservation.

On the Omni website I entered both the confirmation number from Getaroom as well as the booking reference number and both returned "no reservation found."

Has anyone else had success in viewing their reservation on the hotels website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.