Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach 3 - 25

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach 3 - 25

Old May 19, 14, 3:41 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Yes travelisfree that is the FT attitude!
I never call air or hotel about cheap travel I presume it is all correct as booked.

Last edited by aussielori; May 19, 14 at 4:57 pm
Old May 19, 14, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelisfree View Post
Chill everyone.

Again. I'll check in first and I won't contact the hotel first... and all will be fine. :-)

Well of course it will, after all with a backup plan that involves a very reasonable deal (if I may be so bold as to say so )at the Hyatt then what could possibly go wrong!

On a serious note though. If the hotel manager knows a mistake has happened and he has not made contact by anyone's particular check in date then that means the reservation is honoured, full stop.

FT Sprit ,Ft Attitude and above all FT COMMON SENSE should prevail here!

Thank you for listening......I hope
Old May 21, 14, 8:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And still no word from Ebookers, it's starting to look better and better.
Old May 21, 14, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
And still no word from Ebookers, it's starting to look better and better.
Expda still showing confirmed and good to go. Hope so, as we just booked flights and such using FF miles. Would hate to have to pay redeposit fees!

Last edited by MileageAddict; May 21, 14 at 8:48 pm Reason: removed masked obscenity
Old May 22, 14, 7:24 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Check-In and in the room

Checked in. Hotel is nice. Patong is hell. I'll save my thoughts about patong until I tell you about the hotel...
Anyways, as we all know, the 4 star hotel test is if it provides bath robes... ad it does.

Checkin

Normal. I will mention that at no point in time did I see the rate... but this is normal for these fares. What are they supposed to do? Gasp, give me a drink.

Actually... they do give a welcome drink.

Room

Rooms are 4 star for real (not like a germany 4star). Place to sit, big rain shower (or a big tub), and a comfy bed. Normal but really nice. And fast internet, like way faster than the Hyatt or Holiday Inns here.

What would be epic is if you could status match and then apply room upgrades and get one of the rooms that goes directly into the pool. That would be awesome.

Property

It's attached to a big upper class mall. However, while in the hotel you don't know the difference. It's a big property (with rooms on both sides of the mall???) with everything you need.

The pool is large, and the gym is the best I've seen in a while. Rower, pull up bar, lots of weight machines, treadmills, etc...

Blah blah blah, it's a hotel.

Location and my thoughts on Patong

It's not on the beach, it's a block away. This is because no one comes to patong for the beach. People come here either because: A) they didn't know better or, B) they're perverts.

Walk outside this hotel at midnight and walk down the party street, and then walk back to the room and wash your eyes with soap.

It makes Las Vegas look like the Vatican. Sex tourism is so big here that...

Rather, I've noticed that a lot of women here tend to prefer to be coupled with old white men that would generally be classified as undesirable back in the US.

My tip would be: 1) rent a bike and see other beaches. and 2) don't leave the room after dark if you have kids or 20/20 vision.

Also, Patong is expensive. Food is like 150+ THB here... which is $5... but if you've been anywhere else in thailand, you know things are generally 30 THB.

Also #2, The taxi Mafia is freaking terrible here. A Taxi to go one block is 200 THB. I kid you not. To get here from the airport is like 1,000 THB. It's insane. And they would rather sit and not work 99% of the day, and then screw you when you are forced to ride with them. Morons. They bully the hotels and other tuk tuks, so they are scared to do anything on their own.

Anyways, I'll be hiding in my room for the next 6 days if you need me.
Old May 22, 14, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The taxi Mafia is freaking terrible here. A Taxi to go one block is 200 THB. I kid you not. To get here from the airport is like 1,000 THB. It's insane. And they would rather sit and not work 99% of the day, and then screw you when you are forced to ride with them. Morons. They bully the hotels and other tuk tuks, so they are scared to do anything on their own.
Thanks for the report!

The taxi situation is what I hate about Phuket. I've had problems in CNX and BKK, but no where ever close to what it is in HKT. I'd certainly come and visit once or twice a year, but the whole taxi thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old May 22, 14, 7:50 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Thanks & nice report.

Patong - Airport transfer
Last year when I was there, I used Phuket-taxi-meter.com, they charged B650 Patong to HKT airport one way. They are good and on time. The taxi was a bit old but still fully air-con.

Enjoy your stay!!
Old May 22, 14, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Yes...many thanks for the report travelisfree ....we both knew of course that the booking was never in doubt

Yes the taxi mafia are a big problem. I always hire a car these days, it gives me a great sense of pleasure that I do not have to put one Thai baht into the pockets of those scum. Same goes for Koh Samui.

Getting away from Patong when you feel the need is a necessity IMO - otherwise it will drive you nuts .

What type of room did you book may I ask?

You have summed up 'Bangla' the party street very well, warts and all.

However I must disagree with you on one thing , old men liking young women are not perverts, its perfectly normal ! Not that I'm that ''old'' mind you
Old May 22, 14, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
This trip report makes the fact that I missed the deal sting a little less..... thanks.
Old May 22, 14, 9:57 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

It's attached to a big upper class mall. However, while in the hotel you don't know the difference. It's a big property (with rooms on both sides of the mall???) with everything you need.
The rooms on the other side of the mall are not available all year round at least, they were not when I was there in late May a few years ago.
Originally Posted by chokdee View Post
Yes the taxi mafia are a big problem. I always hire a car these days, it gives me a great sense of pleasure that I do not have to put one Thai baht into the pockets of those scum.
That is one of a number of reasons why I rented a car instead.

There is nothing wrong with this hotel property in general; it is simply unremarkable. It is not a hotel property which could be considered a destination by itself unless you do not mind hanging around the pool all day.

I visited various sites around Phuket all day and only used this hotel to sleep and rest at night.
Old May 22, 14, 10:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
Thanks for the report!

The taxi situation is what I hate about Phuket. I've had problems in CNX and BKK, but no where ever close to what it is in HKT. I'd certainly come and visit once or twice a year, but the whole taxi thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
But u can avoid taxi mafia easily: from the airport to the hotel you can take hotel transfer or minibus. Book a hotel in walking distance to the beach and the night life area. Millennium Resort is one of these.
Old May 22, 14, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ben63 View Post
But u can avoid taxi mafia easily: from the airport to the hotel you can take hotel transfer or minibus. Book a hotel in walking distance to the beach and the night life area. Millennium Resort is one of these.
When traveling with family, it's rarely convenient to take the minibus. I have no nights booked for this deal.

In the past, most of the hotel pickup pricing was as bad as the taxis. I just hate that even when you stay at hotels, that often they won't allow other taxis to come in and pick you up, as the local drivers won't allow it.
Old May 22, 14, 11:03 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Checked in. Hotel is nice. Patong is hell. I'll save my thoughts about patong until I tell you about the hotel...
Anyways, as we all know, the 4 star hotel test is if it provides bath robes... ad it does.

Checkin

Normal. I will mention that at no point in time did I see the rate... but this is normal for these fares. What are they supposed to do? Gasp, give me a drink.

Actually... they do give a welcome drink.

Room

Rooms are 4 star for real (not like a germany 4star). Place to sit, big rain shower (or a big tub), and a comfy bed. Normal but really nice. And fast internet, like way faster than the Hyatt or Holiday Inns here.

What would be epic is if you could status match and then apply room upgrades and get one of the rooms that goes directly into the pool. That would be awesome.

Property

The pool is large, and the gym is the best I've seen in a while. Rower, pull up bar, lots of weight machines, treadmills, etc...

Blah blah blah, it's a hotel.

Location and my thoughts on Patong

It's not on the beach, it's a block away. This is because no one comes to patong for the beach. People come here either because: A) they didn't know better or, B) they're perverts.

Walk outside this hotel at midnight and walk down the party street, and then walk back to the room and wash your eyes with soap.

It makes Las Vegas look like the Vatican. Sex tourism is so big here that...

Rather, I've noticed that a lot of women here tend to prefer to be coupled with old white men that would generally be classified as undesirable back in the US.

My tip would be: 1) rent a bike and see other beaches. and 2) don't leave the room after dark if you have kids or 20/20 vision.

Also, Patong is expensive. Food is like 150+ THB here... which is $5... but if you've been anywhere else in thailand, you know things are generally 30 THB.

Also #2, The taxi Mafia is freaking terrible here. A Taxi to go one block is 200 THB. I kid you not. To get here from the airport is like 1,000 THB. It's insane. And they would rather sit and not work 99% of the day, and then screw you when you are forced to ride with them. Morons. They bully the hotels and other tuk tuks, so they are scared to do anything on their own.

Anyways, I'll be hiding in my room for the next 6 days if you need me.
where did u book the hotel?
Old May 22, 14, 12:08 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Martial Law, Smashall Blah

I booked ours on expedia and my friend who is with us was on cheaptickets.

Both went fine.

BTW, we got a note under the door which alerted us of the coup going on and national martial law. Curfew is from 10pm to 5 am. Hotel has advised us not to leave.

So for the first time, I thought I'd go out tonight...

People are still out on the streets. The police I'm guessing are coming down on the hotels and bar owners. So it was same as always, then they shut down and then the tourists get bored and go back to the hotel early.

If you're a pervert coming here, you'll have to like, try to get lucky during the day time or something.
Old May 22, 14, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
I booked ours on expedia and my friend who is with us was on cheaptickets.

Both went fine.

BTW, we got a note under the door which alerted us of the coup going on and national martial law. Curfew is from 10pm to 5 am. Hotel has advised us not to leave.

So for the first time, I thought I'd go out tonight...

People are still out on the streets. The police I'm guessing are coming down on the hotels and bar owners. So it was same as always, then they shut down and then the tourists get bored and go back to the hotel early.

If you're a pervert coming here, you'll have to like, try to get lucky during the day time or something.
Ugh well this throws a major wrench into my vacation plans.

Have you seen any sign of protests or civil unrest in Phuket area?

Does the hotel have any sort of in-house bar/restaurant? If so, any idea if they are allowed to stay open past 10PM?

Search this Thread