Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by travelisfree
I check in on the 22nd of the month. 6 days.
Someone else in the thread seemed to interpret this as June 22nd but you're saying May 22nd not June right?
Old May 16, 2014, 11:25 pm

Millenium Patong Beach

I have 2 separate bookings with Ebookers for 7 nights and 4 nights in August. Just the superior rooms. Booked 15th and showing on my debit card on the 16th. Surely when money is accepted this constitutes a contract?
Old May 16, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by HoKo
Someone else in the thread seemed to interpret this as June 22nd but you're saying May 22nd not June right?
Guess it should say this* month. But yep. I'll try to provide a full review. :-p
Old May 17, 2014, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by travelisfree
Guess it should say this* month. But yep. I'll try to provide a full review. :-p

Hard to imagine they'd cancel you this close in. Have fun.
Old May 17, 2014, 1:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That really has nothing to do with it.... it's en error rate and the hotel has every legal right to cancel. Just hope they don't....
Old May 17, 2014, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jrap33
my reservation officially starts june 5 though I may not arrive before June 9 if at all. Will have to throw away first few nights as does not seem changeable online even though refundable. Will obviously update the thread upon arrival.

Any advice in terms of checking in, assuming I have yet to hear anything from ebookers at that point? Any chance they try not to honor at check in? Are there any protections in place? Thanks.

Somebody said that if you do not turn up on the first night the hotel would treat this as a no show and cancel your reservation.

Personally I think this would be the situation in the case of a non prepaid reservation but if the reservation is prepaid then technically you have paid for your room and how you use your nights is up to you.

Expedia actually says your room is guaranteed for late check in. If that happens to be a few days late then so what? Look at it another way ,if you have prepaid for a guaranteed service and you flight is delayed for a couple of days then you would contact the hotel and let them know about your late arrival. You would not expect the hotel to refund your missed days, you have insurance for that, but equally I could not see that they would have the right to cancel your remaining days that you have already paid for.

I would let the hotel know that due to unforeseen circumstances you will now be checking in on your fully paid stay a few days late and you fully understand that your unused days are non refundable per the terms and conditions of your reservation.

Now I might be wrong on this ,I do remember the Conrad Bangkok stipulating a few years ago that no changes were allowed so you had to be there on the check in day as to check in 3 days later or whatever would be a change to the reservation.The hotel actually tried to cancel my reservation because due to a late flight I was arriving after midnight! However in the end common sense prevailed and as everybody knows the Conrad were fantastic in honouring peoples reservations in their suites.

If my memory serves me correctly I don't believe the Conrad reservations were guaranteed through prepayment, they were pay on arrival.

Maybe someone else would like to chip in on this one as I'm not 100% sure though!
Old May 17, 2014, 6:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You really shouldn't try to apply logic to reservations for airfare and hotels, but instead should know the regulations they have to comply with....

A pre-paid reservation isn't the same as having the right to occupy a room after check-in. And since this is Thailand your legal rights (especially as a foreigner) simply don't exist. So it's up to the property itself to determine what they will do.

The best we all can hope for is that there will be a generic approach, maybe where corporate is involved. And that occupancy rates will be low so they might welcome a bit of revenue. But don't count on it. I've not seen any error fares honored for a hotel in Thailand for quite a while.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Well I know in Thailand as in most places in the Far East anything can happen but since this is an International hotel chain and we are dealing with international OTA's such as Expedia then we must try and apply logic as much as we are able to should these reservations be honoured.

Contacting the head office of International hotel chains can often bear fruit when they put a bit of weight on the local establishment .

Please note that my comments are only regarding late check in on a prepaid guaranteed (per the OTA's) bookings should the reservations actually be honoured and not about what rights you have with regard to a prepaid reservation being honoured...you basically have none as the hotel has such things covered in their T&C's if they want to decline your booking due to a price error. I personally have no problem with that.

Whether they will be honoured is down to the particular hotel GM at the end of the day whether that be a hotel in Thailand or the UK or anywhere.

As a footnote I have actually found Thailand to be more generous than most when it comes to honouring mistake rates. I can think of only one reservation that was not honoured in my case and that at a 3.5 star hotel in Bangkok and nobody bothered to even try and put up a fight for that one. However having already received a cancellation email on one of my non prepaid rates maybe the odds on this one being honoured are not so good. Lets us hope that the prepaid rates do not follow suit!

Last edited by chokdee; May 17, 2014 at 6:53 am
Old May 17, 2014, 8:09 am

So looks like hotels.com still has it. $16 for superior non-refundable and $36 for deluxe refundable for late june and Oct.

Booking.com does not even show any availability.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
So far still quiet from ebxxkers, credit card only showing "Temporary Authorizations" for the amount, not officially charged yet.
Old May 17, 2014, 10:11 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

A rate of $30.00 was not a “mistake” rate back in 2009.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I just happened to stumble on this thread before going to Phuket, and I secured two nights at the Millennium in Phuket for a total of 2,000 Thai Baht, or approximately US$60.00 total for both nights in a Deluxe room. This was just a week ago that I was there.

A refreshing lemon drink was given to me upon arrival. Valet parking in the adjacent garage was complimentary, as I had a rental car. The staff was nice enough, but their English skills were not the best.

I had a room on the second floor overlooking a busy roadway leading to one of the main streets in Patong Beach. The balcony was an oversized one compared to the ones of those rooms on the floors above the second floor, and it had some greenery and lattice walls. Often, buses would park outside across the street with their engines idling. Combined with the heavy traffic of motor scooters, motorcycles and cars, there was a lot of constant noise. The view of the access road, buildings, buses and mall on the side in the Lakeside wing was terrible, as my room was facing the Andaman Sea but was too low and too far away to see it.

The vanity area was not in the bathroom, but rather in the area between the sleeping area and the entrance next to the closet. The sink was slow to drain. There were plenty of amenities, including a comb, toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving kit, soap, etc., as well as two complimentary bottles of water. The room was rather small and the beds were decently comfortable. The air conditioning worked rather well, although the thermostat did not display its settings properly the first night.

All in all, the room was clean and nicely appointed, and the hotel was nice and stylish enough, but it was not exactly the greatest hotel stay I have ever had, as there was nothing really special or extraordinary about it. For US$60.00 total for two nights, this room was definitely well worth the rate, but I might start balking at triple the room rate, as US$90.00 per night would make me start to second-guess the value of this room.
Old May 17, 2014, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by chokdee

As a footnote I have actually found Thailand to be more generous than most when it comes to honouring mistake rates. I can think of only one reservation that was not honoured in my case and that at a 3.5 star hotel in Bangkok and nobody bothered to even try and put up a fight for that one.
I can think of two.

Marriott Phuket and the Bangkok one you mentioned.
Old May 18, 2014, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Just had my non prepaid reservation with booking.com declined. That was expected after the laterooms cancellation. Now we wait to see what happens to our prepaid reservations.
Old May 18, 2014, 6:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No word from Ebookers here so far.
Old May 18, 2014, 8:15 am

thats pretty cool.
Tks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.