FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach 3 - 25 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1577259-expired-millennium-resort-patong-beach-3-25-a.html)

travelisfree May 16, 14 1:23 am

Originally Posted by nvoi (Post 22872805)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; GT-I8730 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Who is staying first? I am booked in September.

I check in on the 22nd of the month. 6 days.

BobKop May 16, 14 3:38 am

Originally Posted by ryanthekiwi (Post 22872849)
I booked for June 23. Anyone before that?

seems like you are the first one... let us know how it goes!
(unless there is anybody before June 23?)

but we might see cancellations in the coming days

chokdee May 16, 14 3:54 am

Originally Posted by BobKop (Post 22873285)

but we might see cancellations in the coming days

Not days Bob...minutes

Just received this from laterooms:-

Dear Mr Chokdee,

Greetings from LateRooms.com and thank you for choosing us as your preferred online travel agency.

This email is with regards to your recent booking with the Millennium Resort Patong, under booking reference number blablablaR for check in on */*/2014 (7 Nights).The hotel has contacted us this morning, 16/05 at approximately 10am GMT+7, to inform us that due to an internal system error on their end, the rates that you have booked the rooms for is incorrect.
Millennium Resort Patong would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and has went on further to provide an exclusive discounted rate of THB7420.00 over their original rates of THB9464.00 for the room type you have booked.
The discounted rates mentioned are inclusive of breakfast according to the room occupancy with all service charges and taxes included too.

LateRooms would also like to clarify at this point that the hotel has full control over the availability and rates shown on our website.
As such, LateRooms would not be liable for this unforeseen internal system error that the hotel has unfortunately encountered as per stated in the terms and conditions on the website which you have agreed to, upon completing the booking online.
More details could be found at http://www.laterooms.com/en/static/TermsOfUse.mvc

LateRooms would still like to assist you with the booking should you decide to take up the special offer provided by the hotel or wish to cancel your booking instead.
As such, kindly reply to this email to let us know your decision.

Thank you very much for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

The booking was for a Cabana Room.

Oh well never mind. I of course took out insurance with Orbitz and Expedia on prepaid refundable rates(2 separate stays). But sometimes insurance doesn't pay. The next few hours will probably tell.

nvoi May 16, 14 4:18 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; GT-I8730 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by largeeyes
Good God, can't imagine actually staying in Patong.......

It's a great starting and end point if visiting anywhere in the vicinity, e.g with late or early flights/ferries... though if you have cash to burn I understand that there are more upscale locations.

mikeS60 May 16, 14 4:32 am

Originally Posted by chokdee (Post 22873315)
Not days Bob...minutes

Just received this from laterooms:-

----

Have got the same. From Orbitz it is still quiet

BobKop May 16, 14 5:08 am

Originally Posted by mikeS60 (Post 22873388)
Have got the same. From Orbitz it is still quiet

Same for Ebookers... still quiet

Calgary88 May 16, 14 6:44 am

I booked Sept 26 thru eBookers; mine is the non-refundable rate; still quiet from ebookers no email yet. :confused:

travelisfree May 16, 14 9:49 am

Originally Posted by travelisfree (Post 22873045)
I check in on the 22nd of the month. 6 days.

Originally Posted by BobKop (Post 22873285)

daprophecy May 16, 14 10:31 am

I booked refundable rates from laterooms and expedia and I have not gotten anything yet. Maybe I booked a little before 2 pm on 5/15. Maybe you guys booked later on in the day and close to the office opening?

mikeS60 May 16, 14 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by daprophecy (Post 22874848)
I booked refundable rates from laterooms and expedia and I have not gotten anything yet. Maybe I booked a little before 2 pm on 5/15. Maybe you guys booked later on in the day and close to the office opening?

In my case booking with laterooms wasn't prepaid. I think such type of orders were killed at first.

abitlost May 16, 14 2:24 pm

I hope that nobody was enough of a jackass to try to BRG on these reservations. However, if anyone was, I'd love to hear about the experience.

https://forms.millenniumhotels.com/c...guarantee.html

aussielori May 16, 14 4:04 pm

Did anyone check the rate on the millennium website?

chubbuni13 May 16, 14 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by abitlost (Post 22876073)
I hope that nobody was enough of a jackass to try to BRG on these reservations. However, if anyone was, I'd love to hear about the experience.

https://forms.millenniumhotels.com/c...guarantee.html

Haha, what's the opposite of schadenfreude?

Jrap33 May 16, 14 9:23 pm

my reservation officially starts june 5 though I may not arrive before June 9 if at all. Will have to throw away first few nights as does not seem changeable online even though refundable. Will obviously update the thread upon arrival.

Any advice in terms of checking in, assuming I have yet to hear anything from ebookers at that point? Any chance they try not to honor at check in? Are there any protections in place? Thanks.

SK AAR May 16, 14 10:59 pm

If you don't check-in for the first night, you will no-show and the entire reservation will be cancelled.

You need OTA or hotel to amend the reservation to reflect your new arrival date and but it is unlikely that the hotel will accept to change anything for these bookings (maybe except a refund)