FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1577259-expired-millennium-resort-patong-beach-3-25-a.html)

SK AAR Sep 1, 2014 4:58 am

Any experience on informing the hotel in advance that you will not make it to the hotel by the check-in date but you will arrive for check-in the following day?

The rate is prepaid/non-changeable so obviously I'm not looking for a refund for the first night (the "promo" rate back in Mid May was so cheap that I don't care forfeiting 1 night), but I try to avoid that the hotel cancels the entire stay due to "no-show" on the first day. Any thoughts?

nvoi Sep 7, 2014 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101 (Post 23420829)
I'm booked for 3 nights in the Junior Suite coming up in November. Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not the Pool Cabana room is better than the Junior Suite. Thinking of possibly upgrading when I arrive.

I upgraded to the cabana room for 4155 thb a night - imho not worth it:

- although c/i was good otherwise, our request to a paid upgrade was not honored despite the room being bookable on the website
- guest transportation between "wings" (it should be buildings) was not efficient, it was faster for us to walk however staff insisted on using the cart
- as i made a second upgrade request, this was honored, however the staff was not willing to call me back as i was busy and not willing to wait
- moving to the other room, i offered to confirm and pay the upgrade, which was dismissed as not being necessary. instead, i was called twice after to come down to the reception within a 5 min timeframe...
- the sockets in the first room didn't charge any of my electronics in conjunction with the adaptor
- the light on the "cabana" (it should be called pool access room) did not fully work
- the "jacuzzi" (it should be called deep soak tub) had only two massage streams, and clearly is not a jacuzzi

chokdee Sep 8, 2014 5:16 pm

I very much enjoyed the Cabana room during August. However this was at the promotional rate. Would I pay for an upgrade at 4155 thb pn? ...well most certainly not. I totally concur with nvoi on this.

In short the Cabana at the special rate was a bargain but if you have another room booked at a cheaper rate then the 4155 thb extra is not worth the upgrade in my opinion. I shall be staying in a Deluxe room at a later date and have no intention of upgrading...unless the hotel are kind enough to do that for me as a return customer :)

stinger101 Sep 8, 2014 7:08 pm

I think I stick with the Junior Suite. I'm all in for $10 per night with breakfast for 3 nights. I can live without a door to the pool.

Canarsie Sep 8, 2014 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101 (Post 23496059)
I think I stick with the Junior Suite. I'm all in for $10 per night with breakfast for 3 nights. I can live without a door to the pool.

That is especially a good strategy if you plan on seeing Phuket and not staying in your hotel room for any significant length of time other than to sleep.

mikeS60 Sep 9, 2014 1:36 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 23455342)
Any experience on informing the hotel in advance that you will not make it to the hotel by the check-in date but you will arrive for check-in the following day?

The rate is prepaid/non-changeable so obviously I'm not looking for a refund for the first night (the "promo" rate back in Mid May was so cheap that I don't care forfeiting 1 night), but I try to avoid that the hotel cancels the entire stay due to "no-show" on the first day. Any thoughts?

Could you please share you experience in arriving following day after reservation starts? If you are still intending to do so, of course :)

BigE Sep 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by mikeS60 (Post 23497226)
Could you please share you experience in arriving following day after reservation starts? If you are still intending to do so, of course :)

At other hotels, I simply tell them that I won't be staying the first night because my flight was delayed, or whatever. It *should* work here too.

abitlost Nov 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Big thanks to the original poster. I had a pleasant one-week stay here recently. While I don't particularly care for Patong and would prefer almost any other beachy place in SEA if costs and hotel quality were equal, this was such an amazing value. I genuinely recommend this hotel to anyone who does wish to stay in the Patong area. However, I'd also recommend most any other Thailand beach resort destination over Patong. The fact that the hotel graciously honored this rate is amazing, and the hotel itself is very nice. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel.

yyz1505 Dec 16, 2014 9:39 pm

anyone else stayed at this hotel recently? and by the way, what is the difference between the "Lakeside" and "Beachside" wings? I passed the hotel many times before (the part next to Jungeceylon) assuming that was the only part of the hotel. Is the Lakeside wing somewhere across the street?! thanks

abitlost Dec 17, 2014 8:07 am

Originally Posted by yyz1505 (Post 24009607)
anyone else stayed at this hotel recently? and by the way, what is the difference between the "Lakeside" and "Beachside" wings? I passed the hotel many times before (the part next to Jungeceylon) assuming that was the only part of the hotel. Is the Lakeside wing somewhere across the street?! thanks

The wings are on other sides of one of a mall entrances but only a three-minute walk from each other. The Beachside is closer to the main street.

KaterinaShkurko Dec 18, 2014 3:23 am

I understand that this is part of the hotel. A vacationer can visit the area of both.

soulgems Dec 22, 2014 7:30 am

Thanks Chokdee for posting this awesome deal!! Just checked out from the Millenium Patong, the total bill was 1680 baths for 8 nights in a deluxe room. No problem whatsoever at check in or check out.

stinger101 Dec 22, 2014 1:03 pm

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25

We stayed there in November and had problems with them honoring the Junior suite. They wanted to move us to a deluxe room. Stood firm and they found 1 suite. Turned out to be a smoking room. Suite is on the beach side. Would have much preferred a deluxe room on the lakeside as it is much nicer. Can't beat the location.

Temedar Jan 19, 2015 3:53 am

Checked-in yesterday for my 2-week stay. Was moved to a pool access room for 1 night as no grand deluxe rooms (that I booked) were available. Not a fan of pool access rooms but can't complain for this price :)
OP - I cerainly owe you a drink, a grand tour of Moscow, etc., etc.

aussielori Jan 20, 2015 1:35 pm

I have a prepaid stay booked and cannot now attend. Has anyone been successful in cancelling and getting a refund.