FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1577259-expired-millennium-resort-patong-beach-3-25-a.html)

RTW1 Jun 11, 2014 8:57 am

Maybe because this rates doesn't earn Ebookers a thing... Still foolish behaviour though.

bill49mpr Jun 11, 2014 9:13 am

My dealings have all been with ebookers.com seems strange that ebookers.de are being so difficult. Having read how OTA's make their money it is as RTW1 says, possible that ebookers will not earn anything to process these bookings. However surely they cannot arbitrarily select some to honour (me) and disregard others. Especially if we have all booked under the same terms- prepaid, non refundable, and the hotel itself has said to individuals they will honour their booking...
Good luck to all still in dispute with ebookers...

tOcikA Jun 11, 2014 10:08 am

Maybe if they won't honour us we have to stand for our rights together.

abitlost Jun 11, 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by tOcikA (Post 23016796)
Maybe if they won't honour us we have to stand for our rights together.

"Rights" seems a touch over-dramatic. Sometimes these deals work out; sometimes they don't. There will be more deals. Nobody dies if a hotel doesn't agree to honor extremely value-priced offers. I do hope your reservation works out, though.

tOcikA Jun 11, 2014 11:24 am

Originally Posted by abitlost (Post 23017114)
"Rights" seems a touch over-dramatic. Sometimes these deals work out; sometimes they don't. There will be more deals. Nobody dies if a hotel doesn't agree to honor extremely value-priced offers. I do hope your reservation works out, though.

I mean neither me nor the host want to cancel it. Just the third party ebo. Is it legal?

aussielori Jun 11, 2014 1:13 pm

I am certainly happy with the hotel they allowed me to cancel a non ref and exp.au called them to confirm ths and have started the refund.
This hotel really knows how to please!

chokdee Jun 11, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes ...an excellent response from the hotel. Well done to the Millennium!

And an example in customer care to ebookers from expedia who are prepared to make a phone call for just one customer.

Perhaps ebookers can now make one phone call on behalf of many, many unhappy customers?

Calgary88 Jun 11, 2014 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by chokdee (Post 23019106)
Yes ...an excellent response from the hotel. Well done to the Millennium!

And an example in customer care to ebookers from expedia who are prepared to make a phone call for just one customer.

Perhaps ebookers can now make one phone call on behalf of many, many unhappy customers?

Lesson learned from this deal - I will never buy from eB00kers again:(:o

SK AAR Jun 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Received email from ebookers.de that they have contacted the hotel and received confirmation that the hotel will honor the reservation without rate increase, i.e. ebookers confirms my booking.

Problem solved and kudos to ebookers for finally getting in touch with hotel ^:)

nvoi Jun 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; GT-I8730 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

They never responded to my request to re-evaluate - @SK AAR, may I know which address did you get in touch with?

SK AAR Jun 12, 2014 6:52 pm

I responded to the initial email I received about cancel or pay additional collection to keep my room - someone describe this email above. I objected to cancelling my prepaid/non-ref. room and to paying the huge rate increase. Had a lenghty email exchange of 4-5 emails requesting them to contact to the hotel.

tinkybelle Jun 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 23018052)
I am certainly happy with the hotel they allowed me to cancel a non ref and exp.au called them to confirm this and now refund already processed.
This hotel really knows how to please!

I also cancelled for no penalty on a prepaid.

chokdee Jun 13, 2014 3:37 am

My booking with Ebookers UK was supposed to have been cancelled 2 days ago per an email I received over a week ago. However the reservation still stands and I have received no further contact.

Possibly a rethink going on here?

aussielori Jun 14, 2014 9:39 pm

maybe this new act can come in handy when unfair terms( e.g. they can cancel but you can't)
maybe someone versed in the law can chime in.
http://www.olswang.com/media/2656866...ts_reforms.pdf

The fairness test
As with the current Regulations, an unfair term is defined as one which “
causes a significant imbalance in
the parties’ rights and obligations
under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer
”. Unfair terms are
still determined by assessing all circumstances surrounding the contract
and the “nature of the subject
matter” (under the current rules, the nature of the goods or services)
The fairness test continues to apply to all non
-
core terms (i.e. all terms other than the price and the subject
matter of the contract).
However, the fairness test
would be extended to “
consumer notices
” (which include
announcements whether or not in writing) as
well as to contract terms

tOcikA Jun 16, 2014 3:42 am

I didn't get any reply in the past 5 days. My reservation is still alive but I have no confirmation from Eb. What about you?