FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach 3 - 25 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1577259-expired-millennium-resort-patong-beach-3-25-a.html)

PtsJunkieWI Jun 10, 14 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 23007272)
Hi All I wrote to the hotel

[email protected]:(
i didn't want to keep my prepaid and i have an email from them stating that they are honouring these bookings.
typical people who want don't get and people who don't want get.

Mind posting some portion of the body of their email reply?
^

chokdee Jun 10, 14 5:35 pm

The debacle that this deal has produced and the divisions within various OTA's ,even those under the same umbrella, has made me ponder whether we should start a OTA ^'s up and :td:'s thread. Evidently not all OTA's it would appear are the same even when they are part of the same company.

I have had reservations honoured by orbitz, but not by little brother ebookers, although I await with baited breath as to whether one of my 2 reservations at the Mill might still be honoured! Then we have Laterooms and Booking.com who on recent form came out as expected with a ''no can do''. Booking.com in the past seemed to have a little muscle and stand up for their customers but in recent times they seem to have become more akin to a ''wet-lettuce.com''.

My reservation with Expedia stands firm and in common with Orbitz I have found that Expedia have on the whole championed the customers corner, although of course there will be exceptions to this rule.

There are then the zillions of other ''smaller'' OTA's that we deal with.

So it's all a bit of a minefield out there and nothing is set in stone. However if enough people were to report back on their ''hit and miss'' OTA's the next time another Millennium deal came along it might at least give people an incline as to which OTA might be their best bet .

Just a thought that might at least make the mistake lottery a tad more predictable :)

NB

I have just re read my post and what I am referring to is not an OTA bashing thread ,just one that gives a guideline ,more of a basic mistake rate ''best chance'' thread. Many OTA's offer great promotional rates and do a fine job. The last thing we want is a ''bashing thread''.Anotherwords keep it simple and keep it civil.

aussielori Jun 11, 14 12:42 am

I agree,
both my bookers res have been cancelled but the exp.com.au was intact and it was the one when I emailed they wrote back and said it was ok.
it was the one I didn't want to use now.
I would never book with bookers again as I just never know when they will not honour the res.

bill49mpr Jun 11, 14 6:17 am

OK...was getting nowhere with ebookers so emailed hotel as others have done. Email back from hotel apologising and confirmation that my bookings will be honoured...they did also ask that I contact ebookers directly to advise them of this. I have done this and read out email content to Customer support worker who (after initial scepticism) promises to confirm with hotel reservations directly and get back to me.

tOcikA Jun 11, 14 6:30 am

I did the same. The hotel said the'll honour my reservation. I contacted with this news to ebookers and they said: They'll cancel the reservation they don't care what the hotel said. If I want I can agree with the hotel out of ebookers.
Then the hotel said the can honour only if ebookers won't cancel otherwise I have to make a new reservation.
What sould I do? I really hate the whole ebookers team.

Thanks!

bill49mpr Jun 11, 14 6:46 am

Just received from ebookers...

Dear
This is in reference to the hotel booking xxx and xxx

Further to our conversation, please be advised that we have spoken to the Millennium Resort Patong Phuket and they have advised that they would honour the original booking.

We would request you to please carry the original confirmation for both your booking.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Yours Sincerely,

Ebookers Customer Service.

So all is not lost.. persevere and email hotel directly.

tOcikA Jun 11, 14 7:02 am

Originally Posted by bill49mpr (Post 23015392)
Just received from ebookers...

Dear
This is in reference to the hotel booking xxx and xxx

Further to our conversation, please be advised that we have spoken to the Millennium Resort Patong Phuket and they have advised that they would honour the original booking.

We would request you to please carry the original confirmation for both your booking.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Yours Sincerely,

Ebookers Customer Service.

So all is not lost.. persevere and email hotel directly.

What, and where did you write to ebookers? They don't give a .... for my asking.

tOcikA Jun 11, 14 7:08 am

Dear _____,

None of the reservations made via ebookers are confirmed unless the additional payment outlined in our previous correspondence is made by the deadline provided.

All reservations where the additional collection has not been made will be refunded.

As you do not currently hold a confirmed booking for the property with us we are not able to assist you further.

If you have made a separate arrangement with the hotel directly you will need to approach them to have them take over your reservation and collect payment in order to confirm your booking.

As all bookings where the additional collection has not been made are due to be refunded from tomorrow onwards.

Regards

ebookers team"

ben63 Jun 11, 14 7:44 am

Any recent experience regarding check in and rooms?

Did u get the room type as booked or got downgraded because of the cheap price?

tOcikA Jun 11, 14 7:51 am

Originally Posted by ben63 (Post 23015623)
Any recent experience regarding check in and rooms?

Did u get the room type as booked or got downgraded because of the cheap price?

Read back, there is someone who has been there.

Calgary88 Jun 11, 14 8:02 am

Originally Posted by tOcikA (Post 23015450)
What, and where did you write to ebookers? They don't give a .... for my asking.

I totally agree with you as eB00kers never response and nothing have been done so far, even do not bother to answer our query.
Very poor customer care [email protected]#%$ :td:

SK AAR Jun 11, 14 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Calgary88 (Post 23015696)
I totally agree with you as eB00kers never response and nothing have been done so far, even do not bother to answer our query.
Very poor customer care [email protected]#%$ :td:

I agree. The replies from eboo.de do not even adress my questions/requests (i.a. to contact the hotel) - just repeating that I need to pay add. collection or otherwise the reservation will be cancelled. :eek::td: This is by far the worst customer service received so far...:(

SK AAR Jun 11, 14 8:38 am

@ bill49mpr: So you are dealing with eboo.com?

@ tOcikA: I aussume that you are dealing with eboo.de. The replies you have been given sound like the replies I have receivd from eboo.de so far that I have no valid/confirmed reservation (although I have yet to receive a message that eboo.de does not care that the hotel has confirmed that the reservations are valid and that refund will procesed tomorrow).

chokdee Jun 11, 14 8:53 am

This really is text book stuff from ebookers on how NOT to handle a customers problem...the only question left after all of this is... are they about to dig an even deeper hole for themselves or come to their senses and save their reputation by contacting the hotel and reconfirming EVERYONES reservations??

If it was me I'd make that quick phone call. The Millennium now seem to be holding out the olive branch making it easy for them and consequently they now have the chance to make a lot upset customers happy.

I know what any well run sensible business would do.....but to use an old British slang expression are we about to see Ebookers.com become more akin to Ebonkers.com??:D

The next 24 hours or so will be interesting.

SK AAR Jun 11, 14 9:49 am

Originally Posted by chokdee (Post 23015979)
This really is text book stuff from ebookers on how NOT to handle a customers problem...

The worst part is actually that now when it is clear that there is no problem with the hotel, it is the OTA (in casu eBookers) who turn out to be the problem for customers :( Why keep on insisting to cancel these reservations when the hotel was finally caved in and will honor the reservations - it is beyond me :confused::td: