FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach 3 - 25 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1577259-expired-millennium-resort-patong-beach-3-25-a.html)

SK AAR Jun 5, 14 8:29 am

OK - you still have a reservation. It has not been cancelled (contrary what you stated above).

You have received the same emails like the rest of us. You can see above how I have responded, i.e. refusing that ebookers cancel the reservation and asking them to take this up with the hotel as Orbitz has managed to convince the hotel to honor the reservations.

tOcikA Jun 5, 14 8:32 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 22982330)
OK - you still have a reservation. It has not been cancelled (contrary what you stated above).

You have received the same emails like the rest of us. You can see above how I have responded, i.e. refusing that ebookers cancel the reservation and asking them to take this up with the hotel as Orbitz has managed to convince the hotel to honor the reservations.

I didn't write it. Only that I got an email.

Peace :)

SK AAR Jun 5, 14 8:38 am

oh yes - sorry, I thought it was your reservation that was cancelled. Now I see that you just chipped in with your experience ;)

bill49mpr Jun 5, 14 9:27 am

Following an on-line chat with ebookers during which I was told that there were no options other than pay-up or cancel I managed to get an email link in the body of the chat which allowed me to forward complaint to Customer Service team. Subsequently a polite but firm email went through... Will see what happens.

Thanks to Calgary88 for the email address below...appears to work as I sent a test message and it didnt bounce back.

For customer care of ebookers.com try write to care at my dot ebookers dot com

gustav316 Jun 5, 14 10:15 am

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25

I held strong with Orbitz and they are honoring the price for my cabana room. Granted, I only had a 2 night reservation.

tOcikA Jun 6, 14 3:00 pm

Any news?

Calgary88 Jun 6, 14 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by tOcikA (Post 22990114)
Any news?

Not yet, I emailed Customer Care on Wed, still no response.
It seems they are going to cancel the bookings arbitrarily. :td::td:

gustav316 Jun 7, 14 6:21 am

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25

Hello again.

We are pleased to advise that after further negotiations with the Millennium Resort Patong, they have agreed to honor your reservation at the original price. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you need to cancel your reservation prior to your arrival, then the original cancellation conditions will apply. Also, please understand that name changes and date changes will not permitted.

We hope you have a lovely stay in Thailand.

Kind regards,

Ariel
Product Analyst
Orbitz WorldWide

bill49mpr Jun 8, 14 3:07 am

Received this email from ebookers after a polite but firm request they honour my booking. In my complaint I had indicated that Orbitz had honoured some bookings...I have until Wednesday 11...anyone other thoughts. :(

Thank you for your email. It is with regret to note any inconvenience. We have noted also that you have already contacted us via Chat. Please note that the option is only to rebook and cancel or pay for the difference...
Should you wish to proceed with any of the options, please call our Customer Service Centre on +44 203 320 3320...
We wish our reply could be more favourable however trust that you understand our position on this...

ben63 Jun 8, 14 3:40 am

so Orbitz will honour these bookings, others not. Unfortunately if the OTA made this decision I don't see any way to force them.

mlqsko Jun 8, 14 8:19 am

Originally Posted by gustav316 (Post 22992696)
Hello again.

We are pleased to advise that after further negotiations with the Millennium Resort Patong, they have agreed to honor your reservation at the original price. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you need to cancel your reservation prior to your arrival, then the original cancellation conditions will apply. Also, please understand that name changes and date changes will not permitted.

We hope you have a lovely stay in Thailand.

Kind regards,

Ariel
Product Analyst
Orbitz WorldWide

Good guy Orbitz! ^

Jaimito Cartero Jun 9, 14 12:54 am

Many OTAs have a contract with the listing property. If the listing property loads the wrong price, they are responsible for all bookings.

tOcikA Jun 9, 14 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 23000909)
Many OTAs have a contract with the listing property. If the listing property loads the wrong price, they are responsible for all bookings.

So what we should do? I tried 4 times to handle this problem.
Thanks!

Jaimito Cartero Jun 9, 14 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by tOcikA (Post 23002705)
So what we should do? I tried 4 times to handle this problem.
Thanks!

Are there any consumer friendly laws where you live? Protest to the State Attorney where you live, file a BBB complaint, complain on the websites social media account, and wherever you booked your nights on.

It's obvious that some OTAs certainly got it handled. Did they pay out of their own pocket? Probably not.

aussielori Jun 10, 14 12:41 am

Hi All I wrote to the hotel

[email protected]:(
i didn't want to keep my prepaid and i have an email from them stating that they are honouring these bookings.
typical people who want don't get and people who don't want get.