Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25

Old May 28, 14, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I too got the dreaded price increase email from Orbitz and elected to cancel. Thanks chokdee for posting!
Old May 30, 14, 3:28 pm

That's awesome!! thanks for sharing
Old May 31, 14, 8:40 am

No cancellation...yet

I have 2 separate unrefundable bookings with ebookers for 7 nights and 4 nights in August. Just the superior rooms. Booked on 15th and showing on my debit card on the 16th. No email cancellation yet and showing as upcoming trips in my ebookers a/c...
Old May 31, 14, 9:09 am

Orbitz asked me to pay additional $$ otherwise they threatened to cancel the booking. After my complaints I received the following:
Response By Email (Ariel).(05/29/2014 01:12 PM)Dear. xxxxxxx,.Thank you for your email..We are currently in further discussions with the hotel regarding your reservation, so please give us until Wednesday 5 June to respond.. In the meantime your reservation will not be cancelled..As soon as we have more information we will be in touch again..
So I suppose if you want to keep your booking, you must complain and focus on the fact that a number of guests have already stayed at the hotel and the hotel honored the so-called error rate without asking to pay more.
Old May 31, 14, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyz1505 View Post
So I suppose if you want to keep your booking, you must complain and focus on the fact that a number of guests have already stayed at the hotel and the hotel honored the so-called error rate without asking to pay more.
This is pretty normal. They knock the low hanging fruit off the tree. Play hardball, and perhaps you'll be fine. Worth a shot, and I don't think you have anything to lose.
Old Jun 2, 14, 6:58 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by bill49mpr View Post
I have 2 separate unrefundable bookings with ebookers for 7 nights and 4 nights in August. Just the superior rooms. Booked on 15th and showing on my debit card on the 16th. No email cancellation yet and showing as upcoming trips in my ebookers a/c...

I did a non-refundable booking as well on top of some cancellables with eBookers, but here is something even more ridiculous: THEY ARE TRYING TO CHARGE ME EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE CANCELLING IT!!!! so pay REAL close attention to their cancellation emails.

Übernachtungen: 6 Guests: 2 44,28€
abzgl. nicht erstattbaren Stornierungskosten () 35,41€
Gesamter Erstattungsbetrag 8,87€

Edit: Getting me more worked up by the minute, their system doesn't include a note that they cancelled it. So the lovely lady on the phone is saying I cancelled it... go figure
Edit 2: Reason for cancelling is due to 'technical error'
Edit 3: Getting the full refund of course, but I wonder what would have happened if I had not called

Last edited by BobKop; Jun 2, 14 at 7:09 am
Old Jun 2, 14, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Yes the way this deal and any cancellations are being handled is getting more ridiculous by the minute. My non prepaid reservations with laterooms and booking.com were cancelled almost immediately...fair enough.

Then Orbitz weighed in and wanted to cancel a prepaid reservation for August. If I did not reply by 30th May they would cancel and refund anyway.
So today I get back from a Hotel jolly in Barcelona, check my email and still no cancellation. After reading updates on here re orbitz I have now replied that I understand from other sources that they (orbitz)are in further discussions with the hotel so will wait further news and then give my decision.

Prepaid bookings for December and next year with ebookers and expedia are also in tact with no communication.

Bearing in mind my first booking was cancelled the very next morning one would have expected all bookings to have received cancellation/reprice emails by now.There appears to be no rhyme or reason to any of this.
Old Jun 2, 14, 10:49 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by chokdee View Post
Yes the way this deal and any cancellations are being handled is getting more ridiculous by the minute. My non prepaid reservations with laterooms and booking.com were cancelled almost immediately...fair enough.

Then Orbitz weighed in and wanted to cancel a prepaid reservation for August. If I did not reply by 30th May they would cancel and refund anyway.
So today I get back from a Hotel jolly in Barcelona, check my email and still no cancellation. After reading updates on here re orbitz I have now replied that I understand from other sources that they (orbitz)are in further discussions with the hotel so will wait further news and then give my decision.

Prepaid bookings for December and next year with ebookers and expedia are also in tact with no communication.

Bearing in mind my first booking was cancelled the very next morning one would have expected all bookings to have received cancellation/reprice emails by now.There appears to be no rhyme or reason to any of this.
My bookings with ebookers for December/January were cancelled...
Old Jun 4, 14, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by yyz1505 View Post
Orbitz asked me to pay additional $$ otherwise they threatened to cancel the booking. After my complaints I received the following:
Response By Email (Ariel).(05/29/2014 01:12 PM)Dear. xxxxxxx,.Thank you for your email..We are currently in further discussions with the hotel regarding your reservation, so please give us until Wednesday 5 June to respond.. In the meantime your reservation will not be cancelled..As soon as we have more information we will be in touch again..
Could you please send me a pm with your complaints please?
Thank you!
Old Jun 4, 14, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tOcikA View Post
Thank you!
I was sent the same general response as Chokdee based on my one-sentence email politely saying that I found the involuntary cancellation of a non-cancellable reservation unacceptable. I followed with a phone call, and, after a few holds, was told by the agent that the case would be handled by email.
Old Jun 4, 14, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tOcikA View Post
Thank you!

No need to complain...see my PM.
Old Jun 4, 14, 2:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
SALE

For those who got into this deal too late - or had their rooms cancelled, Millennium Resort is on flash sale at Asiawebdirect:

http://www.asiawebdirect.com/ticktoc...ve_hero_ttd:v1

THB 2,700 Net for Superior room (breakfast excluded) is quite good.
Old Jun 4, 14, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta, NW Air, Continental, Marriott, Amex
Woohoo! Just received confirmation from Orbitz that after further discussions with the hotel, they will honor my reservations at the original price booked. Thank you so very much chokdee!
Old Jun 4, 14, 2:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
THB 2,700 Net for Superior room (breakfast excluded) is quite good.
It's a rather crappy hotel... Anything but the error rate is likely too much.
Old Jun 4, 14, 3:08 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
I disagree. The deluxe rooms at the Lakeside Wing are quite nice. The pool area and gym at Lakeside is very good. Breakfast is medicore or above; quite a good spread and with egg station. Staff is very friendly.

Location: up to you if you consider the proximity to Jungceylon good or bad. I dare say that it is one of better choices in Patong.

Last edited by SK AAR; Jun 4, 14 at 3:17 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: