Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Fran Downtown Executive club room $100 per night

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, Hhonours, Qantas FF,

Hi folks, noticed another crazy Hilton deal, San Fran Hilton club executive room for $100 per night on website called www.roomertravel.com

Cheers ^

Last edited by MileageAddict; Apr 30, 2014 at 7:48 pm Reason: fixed URL
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:26 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Good deal. Thanks for posting!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:55 am

dates?

Found it...May 1st-3rd

Last edited by Mrgolfer21; Apr 30, 2014 at 6:58 am Reason: found answer
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Interesting concept, this roomertravel.com ... It brokers/auctions rooms that people have booked, but can't use etc. etc.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:49 am
Suspended

Great deal
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:01 pm

just a heads up this rate is not eligible for the best rate guarantee
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I don't get it. Is this someone else's room that they are reselling? Or are there a pool of Hilton SF Executive club rooms available?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Just seems to me that there are too many things to go wrong. For instance, the buyers guarantee is rather vague on what they will do for you if for instance, the hotel will not honor the name change, and you are stuck at the hotel at 10pm.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Picked it up... let's see if it works. I'll keep you guys informed
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Just seems to me that there are too many things to go wrong. For instance, the buyers guarantee is rather vague on what they will do for you if for instance, the hotel will not honor the name change, and you are stuck at the hotel at 10pm.
+1
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Its a very interesting site, I just bought a room from them today as have we are about to go on holiday next month.

I got a deal for a room for $165 per night which was great. I checked the prices with expedia, last minute and hotelscombined and they were over $400 per night in all of them.

According to the site, they only make hotel offers live after the seller has submitted their confirmation itinerary and then they contact the hotel and confirm that the hotel in question will accept the name change. I'm sure they must have an agreement with hotel chains to do this.

Within 2 hours they had sent me a new itinerary with my name on it and reservation number etc

This is from their site,

Should I check with the hotel that the name on the reservation has been changed?

There’s no need. Once you book your room with Roomer, we take care of everything, including double checking with the hotel to make sure that your reservation is set and ready to go. As soon as we’ve confirmed your reservation with the hotel, we will send you a reservation confirmation with your name on it.

Last edited by RUSKY91; Apr 30, 2014 at 6:23 pm
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
interesting site, how long have they been around?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:56 pm

So I can book rooms at low rates, post them at roomer at higher rates, if they sell, I make a profit, if they don't sell I cancel before the cancel deadline and no harm no foul? It's like playing the stock market with a guarantee of profit for every single share!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
So I can book rooms at low rates, post them at roomer at higher rates, if they sell, I make a profit, if they don't sell I cancel before the cancel deadline and no harm no foul? It's like playing the stock market with a guarantee of profit for every single share!
But they would not be able to change guest names.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:19 am
Original Poster

I think its only for people who have been locked into a hotel room either by full pre payment who would incur large cancellation fees or a room deal where no changes can be made with no refunds.

Interestingly on the deal I got, the original itinerary booked said there were no changes allowed and if changes or cancellations made you would lose all the payment.

But roomer managed to change the name, this is why I think they must have an agreement in place with hotel chains worldwide where they are allowed to make name changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.