Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:29 am

I heard good things about travelpony but when I try to find hotel in paris (close to train station east) and amsterdam (close to central station), I found better deals (<100) on expedia/orbtiz etc.. For those who have success in finding good deals on travelpony, which cities were those deal from?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

Originally Posted by trajanc
Wierd. You are missing a dot in the link in your post. I click that link and I get a security warning. But your problem sounds like something more than that.
When I go to www.travelpony.com I've never gotten a security warning and I'm on that site like everyday with multiple different browsers.
When asked to process my credit card payment the cross scripting crap still came up using your link.

I went ahead and ignored it and paid for the room.
I hope there will be no hackers around.

I will speak to my bank in any case. I have the right coverage still I would prefer that nothing happens.

Last edited by CDG1; Jun 20, 2014 at 9:32 am
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:53 am

This thread deteriorated toward an engine promotion. The primary way of making a deal exceptional is to stack codes/discounts. Therefore, the main question re Travelpony has always been whether credits are restricted or unrestricted. And I'm afraid that has changed since inception. Or not??
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
My credit from referring still applies today. Don't know if there is any minimum though. I used it towards a long stay.
Regarding the "deterioration" and your seemingly imperious need to "stack" codes why don't you go ahead and try?

If you want to stack, go ahead and stack - I know I did. I am in no way affiliated with TP, just sharing my latest booking of 4 night including a week end at 129$/night (before tax and TP credit discount) at Palazzo, which is cancellable and massively available in july/august and therefore 45% cheaper than market BEFORE applying TP credits.

I am mentioning this in a rebuttal to the ones putting in questions TP's merits regarding rates is all ; I don't need stacking if I got good rates.

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
This thread deteriorated toward an engine promotion. The primary way of making a deal exceptional is to stack codes/discounts. Therefore, the main question re Travelpony has always been whether credits are restricted or unrestricted. And I'm afraid that has changed since inception. Or not??
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:25 pm

1. $35 is potent for a night's stay. One loses 75% of its potency, when applying it to a 4-nite stay

2. $35 is "100% off" if applied to a $35/night. $35 is worse than "30% off", when applied to $129/night

So like I said before: if Palazzo is the only Vegas hotel for you, and if you don't know whether there is NOW a min.spend (there used to be no min. when TP started out) - then yes, your message was loud and clear. It's impossible to construct a better deal on Palazzo other than TP deal. My point: it was impossible to construct a better deal on most destinations, using unrestricted credits plus occasional code... But maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong: that ship has sailed(?)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
As you seem more intent on spending energy on thread quality assessment and on carefully etched truisms delivery than on putting any effort to answer the (very) simple question you keep on asking, here is your answer:

No, that ship hasn't sailed.

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
1. $35 is potent for a night's stay. One loses 75% of its potency, when applying it to a 4-nite stay
2. $35 is "100% off" if applied to a $35/night. $35 is worse than "30% off", when applied to $129/night

So like I said before: if Palazzo is the only Vegas hotel for you, and if you don't know whether there is NOW a min.spend (there used to be no min. when TP started out) - then yes, your message was loud and clear. It's impossible to construct a better deal on Palazzo other than TP deal. My point: it was impossible to construct a better deal on most destinations, using unrestricted credits plus occasional code... But maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong: that ship has sailed(?)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:10 pm

TP may not let you out of your booking - but TP sucked in your Chicago quest:

Hilton Chicago OHare
O’Hare International Airport property Chicago Illinois 60666
rooms:1
Room Type:Standard
Adult(s)/Child/ren:2/0
Check In:Jul 11, 2014
Check Out:Jul 12, 2014
Price: $67.40
Taxes/Fees: $14.04
Total: $81.44

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Jun 22, 2014 at 8:46 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:38 pm

So main question remains. It used to be that one could initiate a TP account, get $35 credit into it, book a $35 room (even a $38.89 room, applying 10% discount first) and pay zero from CC. But I hear that now a new account must spend min.$200 - unless it was a misleading (?) post from someone

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Jun 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: all
that is correct...min spend is now 200 for the 35 off
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:20 am

Oh crap... That's the end of Travel Pony. Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold
I just applied to Marriott for a BRG using the rate I found on Travelpony... My first BRG attempt... Lets see if it will work out
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by WorldofWonders
I just applied to Marriott for a BRG using the rate I found on Travelpony... My first BRG attempt... Lets see if it will work out
most BRG's dont work for " membership" sites where you need to sign in to see rates. let us know how it goes
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold
Originally Posted by pantanal
most BRG's dont work for " membership" sites where you need to sign in to see rates. let us know how it goes
It worked... They accepted my claim in a matter of hours
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by WorldofWonders
It worked... They accepted my claim in a matter of hours
Interesting and grats! Can you share the details?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
I also just sent a claim with Marriott - was not expecting it to be accepted, but price difference is substantial (~30%) - worth a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.