Worked for me as well.
Germany worked=$25
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by cbra2
Germany worked=$25
Anyone lately get $50 off promo codes?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by DLDFW
I think its based On email address & name and overall they have added more security. For example, you can only get first time credit $25 per device previously it was not checking.
You signed all the accounts to a single email address? Surprised that it even worked initially.

(i did separate email addresses for all and they are still alive...for now)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
You signed all the accounts to a single email address? Surprised that it even worked initially.

(i did separate email addresses for all and they are still alive...for now)
Nah it was separate email accounts but they had similar strings in them, so I'm sure they could do a search and they had the same first and last names. Plus I've probably used it 5-6 times last year.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
All from that aside .... is it any good at returning decent rates ?

My initial poke around trying to find a hotel in Birmingham brought up rates equal to, or more expensive than, the hotels' website.

Not impressive. But perhaps it's better elsewhere, other times.

Sao Paulo isn't even on their books
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by DLDFW
Nah it was separate email accounts but they had similar strings in them, so I'm sure they could do a search and they had the same first and last names. Plus I've probably used it 5-6 times last year.
I see. Sorry for your bad luck.

Did you use same credit card for all 5-6 bookings? Same phone number?

I used one of my HT accounts (from the 40 euro signups) about 2 weeks ago. Traveling to South america so i will be using extensively in two weeks, and i will post my datapoints here
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
All from that aside .... is it any good at returning decent rates ?

My initial poke around trying to find a hotel in Birmingham brought up rates equal to, or more expensive than, the hotels' website.

Not impressive. But perhaps it's better elsewhere, other times.

Sao Paulo isn't even on their books
US and EU at moment.

I used it just after Christmas for a relative, paid Ł125 when hotel wanted Ł189 direct. You will find various sign up codes in Ł which reduce that by Ł15, PM if stuck.

Tried Kaligo? 3000 Avios with first booking until end of Jan via kaligo.com/ba-avios which would offset any less than great rates.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:32 pm

All my accounts got banned too. I've only used the promo 3 times with 3 different credit cards. First time 2 years ago, second time for the black friday $7 room, and the third time for a staycation tomorrow. I have about 4 email addresses that are very unique and they found all of them (even my college email address). I have 10 accounts from one email, and that account is the one I used to book. They claim I have 25+ accounts which is not true. I probably have 15 at most. This is the email I got. It's probably automated because it was sent at 2 am. I'm actually very impressed that they found ALL my email addresses.

We’re so happy you’ve been loving the deals on HotelTonight! But we must officially remind you that per the Terms of Service that you agree to when using the app, each guest may only have one account. Additionally, it's a violation for any guest to claim a promotional credit more than once on said accounts. Since we found upwards of 25+ accounts that are in violation of those terms, we've had to disable all of your profiles except for the one associated with this email. This is a fairly substantial violation and while we'd love for you to continue using the app with the one remaining account, any further infractions will result in further action and a permanent ban from the app.

Please feel free to continue to use the remaining profile for all future bookings with us. And remember, there are other ways to earn credits, too! Invite anyone you like (friends, family members, frenemies – just not yourself!) and you’ll get $25 in credits every time one of them signs up and spends at least $50 on top of their credits. And don’t forget to check out our newsletter, Twitter and Facebook for the latest and greatest deals and happenings at HT.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Raffles
US and EU at moment.

I used it just after Christmas for a relative, paid Ł125 when hotel wanted Ł189 direct. You will find various sign up codes in Ł which reduce that by Ł15, PM if stuck.

Tried Kaligo? 3000 Avios with first booking until end of Jan via kaligo.com/ba-avios which would offset any less than great rates.
THANKS FOR THE KALIGO LEAD, RAFFLES. Never heard of 'em, but the avios will come in handy - and I see I can get 10K of them if I spend just Ł1,000 on my first reservation
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by petey2428
I have 10 accounts from one email, and that account is the one I used to book.
What doees this mean....all 10 were tied to a single email address?

Was any other info common across the accounts (phone number, etc)?

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by petey2428
All my accounts got banned too. I've only used the promo 3 times with 3 different credit cards. First time 2 years ago, second time for the black friday $7 room, and the third time for a staycation tomorrow. I have about 4 email addresses that are very unique and they found all of them (even my college email address). I have 10 accounts from one email, and that account is the one I used to book. They claim I have 25+ accounts which is not true. I probably have 15 at most. This is the email I got. It's probably automated because it was sent at 2 am. I'm actually very impressed that they found ALL my email addresses.

We’re so happy you’ve been loving the deals on HotelTonight! But we must officially remind you that per the Terms of Service that you agree to when using the app, each guest may only have one account. Additionally, it's a violation for any guest to claim a promotional credit more than once on said accounts. Since we found upwards of 25+ accounts that are in violation of those terms, we've had to disable all of your profiles except for the one associated with this email. This is a fairly substantial violation and while we'd love for you to continue using the app with the one remaining account, any further infractions will result in further action and a permanent ban from the app.

Please feel free to continue to use the remaining profile for all future bookings with us. And remember, there are other ways to earn credits, too! Invite anyone you like (friends, family members, frenemies – just not yourself!) and you’ll get $25 in credits every time one of them signs up and spends at least $50 on top of their credits. And don’t forget to check out our newsletter, Twitter and Facebook for the latest and greatest deals and happenings at HT.
HAHA it's auto generated, I got the exact same email, except I didn't have an exact numbers of accounts listed and I also booked it on $7 Black Friday and a day afterwards on separate accounts. I'm not sure how you can use the same email 10 times or link it even, but whatever worked. I thought it was decent deals if you had at least $25 or more credits of course. Othwerise if you go with their standard prices it can vary so check other sites before booking. Plus I was always given my elite benefits if I booked through them unlike some other sites.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
thanks for all the codes!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
So you need to sign up within the app, using a referral code as well as another code?

Just curious how to get $50 credit in my account. Or is $25 to max you can get right now using GERMANY as a code?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:24 pm

I will try with different credit cards, devices, and IP addresses, and will (hopefully) have something positive to report back.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
I will try with different credit cards, devices, and IP addresses, and will (hopefully) have something positive to report back.
Was able to use 3 times. No email yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.