Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Over 40% off on Disneyworld hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Over 40% off on Disneyworld hotels

Check expedia.co.uk for Disneyworld hotels. They have many dates thru the year at over 40% off. This is bookable thru any country. Some dates/resorts it is up to 57% off. Looks like a certain number of rooms per resort per day were allocated to this deal. Will likely end Mar 3. Use voucher code HAPPYTRAVEL10 for an additional 10% off. These are the biggest discounts I've ever seen on the WDW resorts (short of maybe renting from a DVC member). Good luck.

EDIT: For more details see http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222577

From that thread:

Animal Kingdom Lodge for 3-nights from 25th November......

This mornings quote: Ł342.84 ($572) against a rack rate of $1,353 so saving 57%.

Current quote: Ł385.71 ($644) against a rack rate of $1,353 so an extra $72 over this morning rate but still saving 53% over Thanksgiving.
Still current.

Last edited by trajanc; Feb 25, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:35 am

Good post; but I honestly don't see great prices, even after additional 10% code. Does anyone see real deal for dates when schools are NOT in session?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by trajanc
Check expedia.co.uk for Disneyworld hotels. They have many dates thru the year at over 40% off. This is bookable thru any country. Some dates/resorts it is up to 57% off. Looks like a certain number of rooms per resort per day were allocated to this deal. Will likely end Mar 3. Use voucher code HAPPYTRAVEL10 for an additional 10% off. Good luck.
Can you provide some dates and locations where it's 40% off?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
As above. Dates and location examples please.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:58 pm

There are dozens of pages on this rate at disboards and slickdeals, and people bought in. My point: I see no great deals for school break times. For other times - who cares to pay over $100/nite for tiny rooms?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaushik123
Can you provide some dates and locations where it's 40% off?
When I posted there were lots of dates, thought it would be easy to find and I was busy setting up my own res's. Just found out about this this morning.

A more in depth analysis than I could provide may be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222577

Looks like all the DW resorts were pulled for a time this morning from the site and have come back with closer to normal pricing but there are still some deals.

From that thread:
Animal Kingdom Lodge for 3-nights from 25th November......

This mornings quote: Ł342.84 ($572) against a rack rate of $1,353 so saving 57%.

Current quote: Ł385.71 ($644) against a rack rate of $1,353 so an extra $72 over this morning rate but still saving 53% over Thanksgiving.
Just checked, that is still current.

Last edited by trajanc; Feb 25, 2014 at 3:44 pm
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
There are dozens of pages on this rate at disboards and slickdeals, and people bought in. My point: I see no great deals for school break times. For other times - who cares to pay over $100/nite for tiny rooms?
lol And no matter what board you post on your posts are still ..... Too funny.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC *P
I see for instance, WDW Dolphin.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Minor pet peeve when people claim discounts of "up to" some amount without including specific examples (so that readers can determine for themselves if the advertised discounts are worth searching for).

Here is the example (with specific hotel names, dates, and prices) from the OP of the thread that trajanc mentioned above:

A reservation at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort in a standard view room checking in for 10-nights from Oct/25/2014 to Nov/4/2014.

On www.expedia.com the total price with taxes is $1,170.00
On www.expedia.co.uk the total price with taxes is Ł405.45 which is approximately $665.00 so a saving of $500.00.

Looking at a deluxe resort rate for the same 10-days over Halloween.

Disney's Beach Club Resort in a standard view room checking in for 10-nights from Oct/25/2014 to Nov/4/2014.

On www.expedia.com the total price with taxes is $4,500.00
On www.expedia.co.uk the total price with taxes is Ł1,543.05 which is approximately $2,525.00, so almost a $2,000 saving.
The OP of that thread is maintaining a nice wiki in his post, which answers many of the obvious questions.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikew99
Minor pet peeve when people claim discounts of "up to" some amount without including specific examples (so that readers can determine for themselves if the advertised discounts are worth searching for).
You are absolutely right but between getting my own res's done, talking to my relatives to arrange theirs and then getting out the door and on with my day, that was the level of detail I could do. At the time it was hitting on every date I tried so I did not think it would be hard to find.

Ty for highlighting those examples.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:29 pm

lol And no matter what board you post on your posts are still ..... Too funny.
I thanked OP here; but I looked at these "deals" when they first appeared on other forums - and haven't seen a single real deal. The only times in Orlando worth paying up are school breaks. In school time: 3-star hotels are available as low as $20, and each of those rooms beats Value Resorts "graciously offered" on .uk for $100
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
I thanked OP here; but I looked at these "deals" when they first appeared on other forums - and haven't seen a single real deal. The only times in Orlando worth paying up are school breaks. In school time: 3-star hotels are available as low as $20, and each of those rooms beats Value Resorts "graciously offered" on .uk for $100
And despite your crazy pov about the deal (a deal which includes far more than just the value resorts which were offered as low as $55, we booked savannah view at AKL at 57% off over Canadian Thanksgiving) you did not post it here? I mean you could see that the people on Dis were going crazy for this deal. Pretty much what I'd expect from you.

I mighta been short on some details but at least I shared it minute I learned about it.

Last edited by trajanc; Feb 25, 2014 at 7:23 pm
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
we booked savannah view at AKL at 57% off over Canadian Thanksgiving)
To be sure, the heads up is appreciated. How much did you snag the AKL for?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikew99
To be sure, the heads up is appreciated. How much did you snag the AKL for?
Disney was showing I think a total of $4100 for 7 days Oct 6-13 for a savannah view with bunk beds. My final bill is just over $1700.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:21 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
My partner works for Disney, even with 40% F&F discount year round the rates are ridiculous. 5 minutes off-site you can get double the service for the same 40% off price.

On a side note, front desk managers at any Disney hotel can upgrade you to any other Disney hotel at their discretion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.