Wiki Posts
Search

BRG Ascend in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
BRG Ascend in Chicago

BRG opportunity for Blake Hotel in Chicago. Booked one night in April and already confirmed the free night.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Last checked many dates available in March and April. Lower price found on hotels.com and expedia
Old Feb 16, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Very good deal.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:15 am

BRG rejected late apr hotels.com raised their price.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:25 am

They held on to mine until the expedia rate went up and then rejected. Standard IHG - but glad some people managed to get in on it. I'll be keeping an eye out for future opportunities at this new Ascend hotel.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Yep, they held my claim until the rates went up as well. It's a dirty little strategy that Choice and IHG use. I've actually had times when I make two claims within 10 mins. One gets confirmed in about a day and then I don't hear about the other one until ~3 days later - after the lower price on the other website has gone away.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

My claim was approved within 10 mins of submitting. I did submit it about 5 times because there was a bug on the website and I though it didn't go through each time.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:30 am

Back again! Rates are only on sale today on Expedia/Hotels.com. To achieve success, your claim would need to be responded to before the day's end. YMMV because of this.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Freeroomguy
Back again! Rates are only on sale today on Expedia/Hotels.com. To achieve success, your claim would need to be responded to before the day's end. YMMV because of this.
Went away, and is back again today... Ironically, 2 of the Saturday's that I tried had 0 availability. Thanks Flyertalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.