Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Hotel Whitcomb San Francisco $59 Jan 2015

Old Feb 5, 14, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

via http://extremehoteldeals.wordpress.c...-francisco-59/

This looks like one of the errors where hostelbookers doesn't correctly price regular hotels. In this case I think they meant it to be 2x. Not outstanding all-in but probably a mistake.

"Hotel Whitcomb San Francisco. All of January 2015. $59 for a single room. This is about 50% off normal rates. Rate via https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel...m?a_aid=117151 "

Last edited by Yinzer; Feb 6, 14 at 12:48 am
Old Feb 5, 14, 11:17 pm
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
Appreciate the post thanks. I don't much like hostelbookers but i might have me some of this hotel after Chicago
Old Feb 6, 14, 1:32 am

Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
This place was a former Ramada, the new owner didn't do much refurbish after taking over the property other than changing the beds and sheets, still quite dumpy in my opinion. (If you are familiar with the Wyndham group you know better all their properties are kinda old and run down not unless it is a brand new built property !)

The area is also questionable not to mention quite many homeless around Market (when the hotel entrance) and 8th piss on the sidewalk that create foul smelling. The best thing of all is only the hotel is right next to the Civic Center BART stop.

So buyer beware !

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 6, 14 at 1:38 am
Old Feb 6, 14, 2:25 am

Also beware of Hostelbookers. I had an experience of being told 'sorry, we are full' on hotel check-in. Reservation was confirmed by HB and they took their 10% prepayment for it
Old Feb 6, 14, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by mikeS60
Also beware of Hostelbookers. I had an experience of being told 'sorry, we are full' on hotel check-in. Reservation was confirmed by HB and they took their 10% prepayment for it
That's not cool
Old Feb 6, 14, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
same here. had only bad experiences with hostelbookers. arrived at hotel, no room for me. better go with the big names like orbitz or expedia as they back you up in case anything goes wrong.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: