FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Country Inn and Suites Austin TX $12 NYE-End of Jan. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1547909-country-inn-suites-austin-tx-12-nye-end-jan.html)

Yinzer Feb 2, 2014 2:00 pm

Country Inn and Suites Austin TX $12 NYE-End of Jan.

[Expired] Find via extremehoteldeals.com

Country Inn and Suites Austin Texas. Showing for $10-$12 all days from December 31 2014-January 28 2015! All room types discounted including one-bedroom king suite. booking.com NYE has a non-refundable available and flexible rates available all days. Includes Breakfast.

2mg Feb 2, 2014 2:19 pm

MLK Weekend 2015

Thanks OP.
I'm in for a King Suite ;-)
$34.50 for three nights!

Yinzer Feb 2, 2014 2:31 pm

Cool. It is a country inn and suites so even the best room type uh, leaves much to be desired. Still, can't beat the price if honored.

epmurphy357 Feb 2, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks, OP! Just booked 12/31-1/3. :D

kshahk Feb 2, 2014 2:51 pm

thx OP booked over MLK weekend :)

JCinNYC Feb 2, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks for sharing. Got it too! Lets see what happens...

gigantomachyusa Feb 2, 2014 3:27 pm

Is hotelscombined.com legit? Never heard of it before.

Yinzer Feb 2, 2014 3:34 pm

Ya. It is just a meta search engine though. Same as trivago and others they compile prices from various sites in a way that makes it easy to see what is available. In this case the actual room is bought through booking.com where the hotel has loaded this low rate. In cases like these meta search sites are nice because you can see what the same rooms are on offer for elsewhere.

KennyBSAT Feb 2, 2014 3:39 pm

Bummer they don't have the calendar for further into 2015, but I'm in for NYE and MLK weekend. None prepaid, I'll cancel if we wind up with other plans.

gigantomachyusa Feb 2, 2014 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Yinzer (Post 22273030)
Ya. It is just a meta search engine though. Same as trivago and others they compile prices from various sites in a way that makes it easy to see what is available. In this case the actual room is bought through booking.com where the hotel has loaded this low rate. In cases like these meta search sites are nice because you can see what the same rooms are on offer for elsewhere.

Great info. Thanks Yinzer!

haydevin Feb 3, 2014 9:56 am

$442 for one night

LOL - I don't see the bargain rate. I checked a couple of nights (Jan 13 and Jan 14, 2015) and the rate PER NIGHT is $442 per room for one room. Guess they need revenue to cover the mistake rates already booked! :D

Happy travels all...
Amy

davidyee Feb 3, 2014 10:44 am

Yeah this deal is messed up. The rate now is almost $500/night.

Something is seriously wrong with their system.

FAllWay Feb 3, 2014 11:00 am

This hotel is in a crappy neighborhood and the property is not clean. Pass for me. THanks for the find though.

derek88 Feb 3, 2014 11:16 am

Great deal, but I also had to pass. I think this deal got too popular, since it got posted on the "Mommy Points" blog on BoardingArea. Some people say that the fewer people who jump on a deal, the more likely it is to be honored. Others say the more people, the better, because of the ruckus that would transpire should the hotel refuse to honor. In this case, based on the fact that the deal was available for an entire month, and thousands of people must have seen it on the MP blog, I think the hotel would have to refuse or they'd be in the red a huge amount.

Middle_Seat Feb 5, 2014 8:50 am

Does anyone know a way to add a Club Carlson account number to a reservation made through booking.com?

KennyBSAT Feb 16, 2014 6:30 am

:td: Got a pair of emails this morning from booking.com saying the rate will not be honored and that the hotel is offering a discounted rate at the 'middle ground' of 99+tax rather than the regular 119+tax. Mine had free cancellation - I wonder what the did or will do for prepaid rooms.

animalj7 Feb 16, 2014 6:31 am

Thanks for choosing Booking.com.
We are writing to inform you of a system error in the rates for your booking with Country Inn and Suites Austin.
We apologize on behalf of Booking.com and Country Inn and Suites Austin for this error. The actual rate for Country Inn and Suites Austin is 119USD, and not 10USD as stated on your reservation.
We ask for your understanding in reaching a middle ground. The property has confirmed that they will offer you 99 USD per night.
Please consider this offer, and contact us at your earliest convenience to confirm your acceptance. We thank you for your understanding and are available 24 hours a day to help find the best solution.
Thank you again for choosing Booking.com.
:confused: Not sure how 99 is the middle ground between 10 and 119.

mdrhassan Feb 16, 2014 9:05 am

I got the same message. Mine was not pre-paid. I live in Austin for many years. I know the location and about this Hotel. That Hotel is not $99 per night Hotel, believe me, may be $60 per night. Also, somebody needs to know the math. I wonder if all extremehoteldeals.com are same.

Wildman Feb 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Just received a call from Bookit.com about the reservation (I made three each a week long for my family and my two brother's family.) We can keep them for $99.00 per night says it is normally $119.00 a night. I asked about a gift certificate or other discounts for a later date if we chose to cancel. No dice, just take the $99 per night or leave it! I have stayed in some nice hotels for $99 per night.....I would not take this deal at $29.99 per night.....they had me at $10 bucks a night...so after a nice long conversation with no other options, if the rate was not to be honored then cancel all reservations.
Bookit.com made it very clear that the hotel was the one who posted the wrong rate and not Bookit.com, yet the hotel was making them call all of the customers who had booked through their web site.

Frenchie Flyer Feb 17, 2014 7:29 am

I've written to Carlson corp. asking for help getting a night for my pre-paid confirmed reservation.

JoeBagodonuts Feb 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by mdrhassan (Post 22358417)
I got the same message. Mine was not pre-paid. I live in Austin for many years. I know the location and about this Hotel. That Hotel is not $99 per night Hotel, believe me, may be $60 per night. Also, somebody needs to know the math. I wonder if all extremehoteldeals.com are same.

this is a $50 a night hotel on its best night

$10 is probably fair market value for this hole

Frenchie Flyer Feb 22, 2014 10:32 am

An inquiry I made to Country Inn and Suites customer service got my Carlson number added to my reservation. The hotel called me to rudely tell me to forget it and try to get me to cancel. Apparently the CS folks sent them an email and are now on to another phase.

Frenchie Flyer Mar 8, 2014 6:11 pm

Booking.com canceled my reservation.