Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: FB Silver. Some hotel programs. More interested in cheap travel than points accrual.
Please don't call.

Thanks to these trailing cookies, I see ads for agoda.com right now.
'Up to 75% discount'. Maybe it isn't a mistake fare.

I booked the executive room in June.
The voucher says 'no breakfast' but Hilton's website said complementary breakfast. We'll see how that plays out.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by BRU2m10
Maybe it isn't a mistake fare.
It most certainly was, stemming from a currency error (UAH instead of EUR). Otherwise, why Hilton Kiev isn't bookable on Agoda any longer?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
Originally Posted by BRU2m10
The voucher says 'no breakfast' but Hilton's website said complementary breakfast. We'll see how that plays out.
You will have the lounge breakfast, but if you would have invested around 1 per night, you would also have acces to the normal breakfast...
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Ventus2
You will have the lounge breakfast, but if you would have invested around 1 per night, you would also have acces to the normal breakfast...
For sure you are not able to say what the dude has. The hotel has not yet opened and therefore nobody can know how they will handle the diamond breakfast. It might well be possible that diamond members can have full breakfast in the restaurant. It wouldn't surprise me.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
For sure you are not able to say what the dude has. The hotel has not yet opened and therefore nobody can know how they will handle the diamond breakfast. It might well be possible that diamond members can have full breakfast in the restaurant. It wouldn't surprise me.
Normally the lounge breakfast is pretty good, so no harm no foul
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
For sure you are not able to say what the dude has.
True, but I am able to know what was possible to book. You could choose between executive room and executive room with breakfast (what I did, because 1 more is not a bad investment...

The hotel has not yet opened and therefore nobody can know how they will handle the diamond breakfast. It might well be possible that diamond members can have full breakfast in the restaurant. It wouldn't surprise me.
Maybe... but we don't know if the user who posted the question is a diamond member...(or gold)...
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:40 am

True, but I am able to know what was possible to book. You could choose between executive room and executive room with breakfast (what I did, because 1 more is not a bad investment...

Maybe... but we don't know if the user who posted the question is a diamond member...(or gold)...
As it is a thrid party booking it doesn't make a difference if the guest is a Blue or a Diamond as VIP perks usually do not apply. However, no exception from the rule.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by servus
As it is a thrid party booking it doesn't make a difference if the guest is a Blue or a Diamond as VIP perks usually do not apply. However, no exception from the rule.
That's b.s., of course you get your VIP perks on 3rd party bookings. Where the heck did you hear this? You don't get any points/miles but you most certainly get your benis w/ 3rd party bookings (unless opaque booking of course).
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Oh, absolutely, I took it for granted that the user holds diamond status (like me ). Breakfast in the club lounge will certainly be a good thing, no doubt about it.

However, the bookings won't be honored by Agonda. Some birds twittered this information to me
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Aaaa, haaaa... A new rule for user "servus". To the rest of us, the gold and diamond amenities do apply (of course not the points)
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Oh, absolutely, I took it for granted that the user holds diamond status (like me ). Breakfast in the club lounge will certainly be a good thing, no doubt about it.

However, the bookings won't be honored by Agonda. Some birds twittered this information to me
Some birds are twitting the following.

If the booking is made from an American web-site, by law they are required to honor the rate. Either agoda, or hilton - it does not matter to the end consumer. To aggravate things more - the rates are non-ref, and this should work both ways. Imagine you made a mistake and booked a non-ref rate. Good luck cancelling that one.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
That's b.s., of course you get your VIP perks on 3rd party bookings. Where the heck did you hear this? You don't get any points/miles but you most certainly get your benis w/ 3rd party bookings (unless opaque booking of course).
Sorry, that's no b.s.! I've spent quite a couple of nights at Hiltons all over the world, so I now the HHonors programm and the ways to twist it in one or the other direction. In the earlier years I also booked through Expedia etc. NO perks where given, no stay, no points. Also happened last year to a friend of ine when we stayed at a Hilton in London. As he booked at the last minute, rates at Hilton.com were pretty high, so he used booking.com and as a Gold he got no upgrade, no bkfst, no nothing. Even the trick asking to add the HHonors number to the reservation so he might get points for the incidentals did not work. However, also had a stay in WAW booked on a thrid party site where I received all benis, but WAW was one of the best Hiltons in Europe.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:19 pm

What birds? Would be interested to hear the details...
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Thumbs up

I have a few experience with expedia (hotel+car) bookings as a HH Gold card holder: I showed my card only at check in: don't received any points, but received free breakfast, WIFI and nice upgrades in the US and Canada.
In addition executive rooms comes with lounge access, so breakfast is included even without status - I don't remember any exception.
Hilton Kiev is under construction - probably a new hotel with new management uploaded these rules (executive room without breakfast) without mistake.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Sorry, that's no b.s.! I've spent quite a couple of nights at Hiltons all over the world, so I now the HHonors programm and the ways to twist it in one or the other direction. In the earlier years I also booked through Expedia etc. NO perks where given, no stay, no points. Also happened last year to a friend of ine when we stayed at a Hilton in London. As he booked at the last minute, rates at Hilton.com were pretty high, so he used booking.com and as a Gold he got no upgrade, no bkfst, no nothing. Even the trick asking to add the HHonors number to the reservation so he might get points for the incidentals did not work. However, also had a stay in WAW booked on a thrid party site where I received all benis, but WAW was one of the best Hiltons in Europe.

No surprise to me. Gold members are after diamond members in the chain of sharks. And as mentioned: Points, stay credits and night credits should not be given for 3rd party bookings. Diamond benefits, on the other hand, are given for 3rd party bookings (as long as it was not booked on an opaque site).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.