Reload this Page >

Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Originally Posted by BeBo
I do not care whose mistake it is and it isn't my business to investigate that!
It's up to Agoda and Hilton to clarify among themselves who is to blame and who should take responsibility
I am correct customer with a valid, fully paid reservation, which is, let me quote Agoda: "Non-Refundable and cannot be amended or modified."
Welcome to the newbies, but get realistic. Its the hotel and OTA that supplant restrictions on you, not on themselves. Good luck in the Ukrainian small claims court.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:58 am

Gez, thought things would get better in Kiev...guess I'm glad they didn't honor it.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Gez, thought things would get better in Kiev...guess I'm glad they didn't honor it.
They will.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Palal
They will.
HUH? I haven't heard a thing since the cancellation.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palal

They will.

HUH? I haven't heard a thing since the cancellation.
Then you haven't been annoying enough, I've heard a lot, except I'm still waiting for a response from Hilton Kiev's management.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Kiev seems to be a "hot" weekend destination at the moment...
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Kiev

After seeing over 100 people shot dead in one day in Kiev, is someone still wanting to come to Kiev?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by klakhav
After seeing over 100 people shot dead in one day in Kiev, is someone still wanting to come to Kiev?

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Feb 23, 2014 at 10:16 am
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:30 pm

You would be fine in Kyiv, just stay away from the square which the hotel isn't located on. Plenty of tourist places are up and running as normal. In fact the city is running as normal except for a few spots.

Just be smart.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Aegean-Gold, TK-Elite, Accor-Platinum, SPG-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Club Carlson-Gold,AMEX-Platinum
I got the Presidential suite and I exchanged a few emails with customer relations. They said that someone will contact me from Hilton Kiev. No one did. After 2 weeks, I emailed them again and they said that this can take 5-8 days... OK

Then much to my surprise I got a phone call at midnight (Pacific time), a lady from Kiev called me and told me that they are willing to honor my booking FOR A REGULAR ROOM. I told her to forget about it, I am not spending $100 on a regular room in Kiev at this moment, no way.
So she immediately upped her offer to an executive suite. I told her that I will get back to her. I later emailed her that I decided not to go but thanked for her offer. She was very nice in her responses, asking me if they can do anything about it to have me stay there but I politely refused it due to the current unrest.

No compensation, but it was a nice journey anyway...

Just keep being persistent and someone will reach out to you!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Instead of having them re-instate my reservation... To NOT get shot up in a civil war .. Maybe I should just request free night worth of points... Or something

Why would you request a free night for something that is outside the control of the hotel?

That's like cancelling a trip to Hawaii and asking for a free night since "the weather is going to be bad"
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

Instead of having them re-instate my reservation... To NOT get shot up in a civil war .. Maybe I should just request free night worth of points... Or something

Why would you request a free night for something that is outside the control of the hotel?

That's like cancelling a trip to Hawaii and asking for a free night since "the weather is going to be bad"
More so because of the fact that I've spent the last month and a half trying to figure out the status of this reservation
Old May 20, 2021, 3:07 pm

I was surprised to find this topic. I would like to hear the reviews of those who managed to live so cheaply in the presidential suite or any other compensatory stories on this occasion.
Old May 20, 2021, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
They are all dead now, either from the civil war or old age, the last person who got on this deal died three years ago....They are also kind of annoyed with you for unearthing this thread after all these years and not letting them rest in peace...

Last edited by nk15; May 20, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.