Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

$75 Amex gift card with select Vancouver hotel bookings

$75 Amex gift card with select Vancouver hotel bookings

Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by philosophy_king
100 Euro voucher to spend at ONE LUXURY store is WAY different than the OP's find.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by clublounger
100 Euro voucher to spend at ONE LUXURY store is WAY different than the OP's find.
Yes of course... I'm just sharing this, because somebody said it would be nice if other cities doing similar deals
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:11 pm

by the way I type look at the bottom, I was just busy doing something lazy to write more...

and I live in Vancouver haha, I booked the $75 hotel too... too bad they don't allow the hotel price detected from the amex gift cards as I thought the website allowed it but the hotel doesn't... and I thought they would give out 1 gift card but giving out 3 $25 ones...

Thanks OP for posting... so how's everyone doing? Hope some of you can share your experience, hope you enjoy your stay! ya, they limit to 3 bookings per person, no back to back... you can get your partner to book another 3 nights and have the gift cards deposit back into your account, haha
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:24 pm

We recently overnighted at the Le Soleil (very enjoyable stay) and reception happily took the 3x $25 Amex gift cards as part payment.

My understanding from the website blurb was that all the hotels in the promotion would accept.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by ikelmay
We recently overnighted at the Le Soleil (very enjoyable stay) and reception happily took the 3x $25 Amex gift cards as part payment.

My understanding from the website blurb was that all the hotels in the promotion would accept.
I stayed at empire landmark, and they didn't want to take the hotel rate off from the amex gift card... I guess they didn't want me to have a free stay...
I mean I should just talk to the manager or something... O well, just a bit more work for me to put back into account
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
I am coming for the New Years right after Xmass, anyone wants to hang out?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by iggyray
I am coming for the New Years right after Xmass, anyone wants to hang out?
Ok me, I'm always here!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
The YWCA shows $65 on a january weekend.,

..the Pan Pacific shows $0 !!
But not after clicking through..
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
The YWCA shows $65 on a january weekend.,

..the Pan Pacific shows $0 !!
But not after clicking through..
not doing YWCA, no way
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA *A (Gold), Avis (Gold), Marriott (Gold)
YMCA Info

Originally Posted by iggyray
not doing YWCA, no way
I once thought that way, but after staying at the YMCA in Hong Kong, I changed my opinion. I went from "never in a million years" to "will consider it".

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Hong_Kong.html
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by subordinateflyer
I once thought that way, but after staying at the YMCA in Hong Kong, I changed my opinion. I went from "never in a million years" to "will consider it".

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Hong_Kong.html
YWCA in Boston operates Hotel 140 which was quite decent. However Boston YMCA is horrendous and anti-sanitary - so you never know.

Still booked it for the New Years (dec-31), as there were no other cheap options...

See ya all in YVR!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:45 am

btw code socialspecial will get you $100 amex gc, if you haven't booked yet.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:26 pm

Has anyone tried booking first night under their name and the second night in their partner's name and got $100 for each night? I want to try this but they can argue that one of the rule is that you cannot get multiple $100 gift card for consecutive nights in the hotel. I wonder booking under different name for consecutive nights would be allowed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:12 pm

Someone please reply. Only a few hours to go before I can book this deal!!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:52 pm

I got stuck in Vancouver and this $75 offer came in handy
Too bad I learned about 30 minutes AFTER I booked an advanced stay at Marriott Pinnacle @@
but I booked it for next day at Renaissance across the street, and got 3 x $25 AMEX cards

Note: it takes a while for BeVancouver reservation to pass to hotel, as I booked at 12pm, check-in at 1pm and they couldn't find my reservation
but they gave me a room first anyway, and I just stopped by later to confirm they have the $75 GC and ask to link my stay to MR #

Now they linked my Marriott Rewards # to my stay, hopefully I earned a STAY credit towards my MegaBonus (Category 1-5 by Jan 15th)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.