Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

1,5 star hotel in New York, shared bathroom, non ref, only 679 USD+tax!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2013, 2:23 pm

The winning sentence for me was

You can [not] request a refund or cancellation as they are Chinese and they do not understand or care about customer satisfaction they only want the money unfortunately...
contrasted with the comment that it's a great place to practice Chinese if you are studying the language.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 2:29 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by chokdee
Well this has really pissed me off.

I post a superb rate for the 5* New World Hotel Saigon and it barely gets an acknowledgement.......

Then come's along some clever fokker who totally takes the limelight away with this unbelievable deal at the properties sister hotel in New York.

What can I say...you know when you are beat ..I give up
perhaps for all those unhappy about the great deals you usually find, there should be a new forum for hotel mistakes, scams, clever mini bar overcharges for hotel owners.

Last edited by frank_10b; Sep 29, 2013 at 2:46 pm
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Avnu
Damn, it's dead already? If only I caught on to this earlier.

Then again, I'm really not sure what to think of this place. I mean, it's not like it's the Sun Bright Hotel or anything. That woul've been a steal at that price!
Oh, it was a steal...

And, chokdee, say it ain't so! And don't tell Yinzer! We'll be high and dry!
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: A3*G, OW Sapphire, IHG Diamond Amb
I know I am not supposed to call to check on a mistake rate, however, I did give it a try this time and they decided to honor it for me as well.

Thank you so much for this nice deal!!
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by flrvt
I know I am not supposed to call to check on a mistake rate, however, I did give it a try this time and they decided to honor it for me as well.

Big
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by patgarrett

Big
My booking was declined
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Panera Bread
Question

Does anybody know if this offer is eligible for World Hotel Points? I know it´s a mistake fare and they will most likely not honor the stay but I am missing only 200 points towards World Hotel Ambassador status...
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks OP! I'm ditching 4Seasons and rebook this hotel instead. Rarely good price shows up for the big apple!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:16 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Is there any "Worst Rate Guarantee" which is applicable for this rate?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr

Can't believe I missed this one! Hope you guys get it honored
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
Is there any "Worst Rate Guarantee" which is applicable for this rate?
The New World WRG is second to none. If you find a worse rate elsewhere, they will double on the spot, no questions asked!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: LH, BA, Panera Bread
From tripadvisor:

As expected, rooms are tiny but they aren't clean. They don't clean your room during your stay. I asked them to replace the towels and sheets, they did this on the first occasion, but not on the second.
Upon check in, it appeared the sheets had not been changed from the previous guest, appearing sweat stained and having hairs on them. The blanket supplied was threadbare-the replacement was the same. The quilt thing then given had the stuffing coming out and was double size for a single bed. Even the clean sheets had hairs on them! The beds are small, anyone taller than 5'6" will have to adopt the foetal position!
While the rooms are just about passable, marginally better than sleeping on the subway, noise levels in the hotel are unacceptable. The clientele didn't care about other guests-you will be awake by 7am-though it is essential to be up by this time to avoid queues for the toilets/showers. There are clearly not enough facilities for the numbers of guests
The toilets are absolutely grotty and piles of hair abound. Ladies shave their armpits and leave their hair around in the shower. I dreaded having to sit on the lavatory. It is essential to wear flip flops in the shower-I avoided trying to touch surfaces as much as possible.
Trash is left on the stairwell,-staff were unconcerned when I said this was a fire hazard and it was still there in the morning. Finally, people smoke in the building and the mop buckets are used as cigarette bins. Best to avoid this 'hotel'.
I'm amazed that this hotel hasn't been shut down by the City. In the UK, this place would be shut down immediately. I have never experienced anywhere as bad as this. I'm not picky-I just wanted somewhere to crash, but this place is filthy-you just want to get back as late as possible and get out as early as possible. I should have heeded the reviews!
The pictures are great :
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I've been thrown out of worse places.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
If you think that place is a dump, feast your eyes on this:

http://www.worstroom.com
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: BMI Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Eeeewww

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.