Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Pentahotel Reading UK -9 GBP for a suite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Well this is a bit of a strange one but I think there are grounds to be a little optimistic that the hotel have the booking ...

Came across the deal on Trivago showing 9.00 GBP for a room on select Monday-Wednesday's from Jan 2014- April 2014 direct on the hotels website www.pentahotels.com. The Suite option is obviously the preferred choice.

Here is the link:-

https://bookings.ihotelier.com/istay...rlredirect=yes

Enter example dates of Jan 7-9 and then look at calendar for available days through to April.

Got an email confirmation from the hotel for the suite at 9GBP. Came from reservations at the Reading hotel and showed as cc'd back to themselves .

Now the funny bit is that if you go to pentahotels.com and try to book these rooms under the reservation system the Reading hotel is using a sabre system and not showing the same rates...the booking link above is to something called ihotelier which I assume has been used in the recent past by the Reading hotel and is also currently still being used by a number of the worldwide Pentahotels on the drop down booking list.

So go figure...my booking looks good from my email confirmation...but this one is a little more technical than your average mistake rate!

Reservations are fully cancellable without penalty btw.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
^
Looks like a nice place! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Thx for sharing OP. Hope they honor.

Selecting Jan 7-9 and then looking on the calendar and pricing things out worked well. I was hoping to find a longer stay in April but... mistake farers can't be choosers.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: DL/NW, Proud Sky Club Member
Pretty sure its DEAD =(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.