Wiki Posts
Search

Noteworthy BRGs - Please post here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Noteworthy BRGs - Please post here

Since a lot of people are posting noteworthy BRGs (IHG, Choice, Expedia, etc) based on value, location, availability or promotion, how about we keep them all here in one thread.

Mods, please delete this if inappropriate or unneccessary.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
I would not like that as it would mess up my RSS feed of new postings
Old Jun 9, 2013, 8:23 pm

Individual posts
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:19 pm

Crown Plaza Beverly Hills

Lots of dates can't list them all, but first week of July for sure. Crown Plaza Beverly Hills 245.00 on their website, kayak.com for 233.00. I got 2 BRGs for the 4th and 6th of July. Since it's Priority Club that's 2 free nights. You can only do one night and a family member can't do a consecutive night. They responded within 6 hours

The Intercon is also worth a try, but kayak which is cheaper has free breakfast and they declined me for that. if you might get someone to give it a pass.

I booked refundable rooms fyi just in case.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:40 pm
Used to be planetrain

Programs: United, Marriott
Thanks to the tipoff from antignos!

Successful BRG after calling the line, beat by Booking.com:

7/3/13 InterContinental Century City - King Room with Sundeck, Free Breakfast, and Free Cancellation
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
What to post and where to post it..

Thank you, OP for organizing this!!

Without dismissing the desire of fellow FTs to help, i find the posting of potential BRGs here of minimal value, because it is so simple to find price differences just by checking sites as kayak and trivago.

Also, please note that many forums have specific threads for BRGs, so your posts could be more useful if directed there.

Marriott:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...successes.html

Starwood:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

I personally find the posts in the above threads more useful, because they refer to confirmed BRGs, as opposed to just a price difference that by itself might not satisfy the T&Cs of the program.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: AA,UA,DL
I've never used BRG before but am considering it for 9/27. You said you booked refundable rooms just in case, but don't you have to book the lowest rate available in order to follow the T&C and that's typically the nonrefundable rates? Not sure it works for my date?

Originally Posted by antignos
Lots of dates can't list them all, but first week of July for sure. Crown Plaza Beverly Hills 245.00 on their website, kayak.com for 233.00. I got 2 BRGs for the 4th and 6th of July. Since it's Priority Club that's 2 free nights. You can only do one night and a family member can't do a consecutive night. They responded within 6 hours

The Intercon is also worth a try, but kayak which is cheaper has free breakfast and they declined me for that. if you might get someone to give it a pass.

I booked refundable rooms fyi just in case.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by darben
I would not like that as it would mess up my RSS feed of new postings
RSS? Sure. But it would also mess up my visual scan of new postings!

Why must everything on FT be in a mega-thread?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by sshah
I've never used BRG before but am considering it for 9/27. You said you booked refundable rooms just in case, but don't you have to book the lowest rate available in order to follow the T&C and that's typically the nonrefundable rates? Not sure it works for my date?
I wondered that myself, but on one of the reservations I even booked the exec suite and it got approved. I do not think they will give you any grief on refundable vs non-refundable.

It appears they are all the same price on that date though.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA,UA,DL
Oh sad, the price was lower last night. I should've just booked, but I wasn't sure about the refundable/non-refundable thing

Originally Posted by antignos
I wondered that myself, but on one of the reservations I even booked the exec suite and it got approved. I do not think they will give you any grief on refundable vs non-refundable.

It appears they are all the same price on that date though.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:15 pm

Anyone remember the guy that posted BRGs to promote his blog and all the people ending up on the black list for booking them? Just saying.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Anyone remember the guy that posted BRGs to promote his blog and all the people ending up on the black list for booking them? Just saying.
RoadTripMan -- perhaps the first in a VERY long line of deal-killing bloggers. I seem to remember him boasting of his 5 figure income from his blog. Seems like such small potatoes today! But he was certainly a trailblazer, can't argue with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.