Search

Marriott Phuket Beach Club $10 A day to 2014 March

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Dammit 10,000 points is pretty good!
Good if you made reservation(s) that you were not going to use at all. 10K is enough for a night at Fairfield Inn in somewhere North Dakota during January.
Old May 17, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I received it too..... since my stay was supposed to start last night and had already cancelled after I had been told by marriott to drop dead, I'll gladly accept the 10K. It will help me make up for the latest round of MR devaluations.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I was offered a $25 gift card.
Old May 17, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by ryan754

In recognition for your continued loyalty, we would like to offer you a token of appreciation whether or not you choose to keep your reservation at Marriott’s Phuket Beach Club.

Please select one of the following options:

- If you wish to cancel your reservation(s), please reply to this message instructing Marriott to cancel your reservation. If you choose to cancel your reservation, as a gesture of goodwill, Marriott will credit your Marriott Rewards account with a single credit of 10,000 Marriott Rewards points.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I was offered a $25 gift card.
I am Plat and also received the offer for 10,000 points. Wonder if the offer is related to status.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: HHonor Gold;Hyatt Diamond;SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
I am Plat and also received the offer for 10,000 points. Wonder if the offer is related to status.
It's related to whether you are a MR members or not. MR members receive 10K points offer. Non-members receive $25 offer.
Old May 18, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
what a joke...
Old May 18, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I would be very happy with the points in this case. At least they discovered their mistake immediately.
Old May 19, 2013, 5:17 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by ryan754
what a joke...
Absolutely, what a bad joke! Marriott
Old May 19, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Marriott Phuket Beach Club $10 A day to 2014 March

The take away from this is that you can't make a booking with confidence on Marriott.com. This shows that they can come back and change the rate of a confirmed reservation--even a prepaid one? Just called it an error and throw a few points and $25 gcards into the air and everything is better.
You know that confirmed reservation for the JW you made on Marriott.com for $289 per night? Are you Really sure it is $289? Sorry we meant $489. You should have know. Just an error--they happen. Here's some points. All better now.
Old May 20, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Renard
The take away from this is that you can't make a booking with confidence on Marriott.com. This shows that they can come back and change the rate of a confirmed reservation--even a prepaid one? Just called it an error and throw a few points and $25 gcards into the air and everything is better.
You know that confirmed reservation for the JW you made on Marriott.com for $289 per night? Are you Really sure it is $289? Sorry we meant $489. You should have know. Just an error--they happen. Here's some points. All better now.
i would support you in 289 vs 489 scenario however this was a very obvious mistake that one should not really expect to be honored.. YEMV...
Old May 20, 2013, 8:00 pm

they didn't award me the points as I cancelled before the email came out. I had emailed and ask them seperately and they didn't bother to reply. Really appalled by their service.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
i would support you in 289 vs 489 scenario however this was a very obvious mistake that one should not really expect to be honored.. YEMV...
One of my pet peeves is that these airlines and hotels want everything to be done on their website and understandably so.... cut those commissions and lower costs etc. With that comes responsibility on their part. These funny things called computers are wonderful. People can program all kinds of little triggers to avoid errors just like this. Don't want to sell a F fare from RGN-YUL for $500? Don't want to sell a hotel room worth $275 for $10? Our programmers can take care of that so that anything like that would require multiple approvals to be filed... but it will cost you. Cost you say? What?...no we want our cake and eat it too. We'll just cancel it and throw a few points at our customers (if they're lucky) and tell them to stuff it. It's even cheaper that way. It's called risk management and they've decided that it not worth their bother to put such stop-gaps in.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
you mean lack thereof?

Originally Posted by icebaby0
they didn't award me the points as I cancelled before the email came out. I had emailed and ask them seperately and they didn't bother to reply. Really appalled by their service.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by icebaby0
Why?

And why did you cancel before?
Old May 21, 2013, 9:32 am

I cancelled it earlier because since it was pretty much confirm that we will be charged the USD, I will incur a Exchange rate fluctuation on my Credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.