FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   $17/night Barbados 2* over NYE and other dates (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1416943-17-night-barbados-2-over-nye-other-dates.html)

kokinos Dec 12, 2012 10:33 pm

$17/night Barbados 2* over NYE and other dates

Not a luxury hotel by any standards but for $17 a night I hope a few folks here end up using it.

It's through easyclicktravel , I found it on kayak. Hotel is called The Palms Resort

MrHalliday Dec 12, 2012 11:43 pm

I cant find the hotel on easyclicktravel.
Maybe it is "fixed". :)

Yinzer Dec 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Nope, still there.

kokinos Dec 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday (Post 19847696)
I cant find the hotel on easyclicktravel.
Maybe it is "fixed". :)

It's still there, I just checked kayak, I even clicked through to easyct. The dates that worked for me Dec 28- Jan2 Dec 29- Jan2 Jan 1-4.

I guess the hotel has two sub hotels and this gives you a superior room at the Travellers Palm section of the hotel.

Showbizguru Dec 14, 2012 4:45 am

For FTers keen to do Barbados on the cheap I highly recommend

www.shoestringbarbados.com

JudyJFLA Dec 14, 2012 5:04 pm

So will there be a big FT party to bring in the New Year???
20000 Avios points RT from MIA

JudyJFLA

douglasphil Dec 19, 2012 12:52 am

$17/night Barbados 2* over NYE and other dates

yes its still there i found too. Thanks for sharing.

Brendan Dec 22, 2012 5:21 pm

I have been to Barbados twice. Please be warned that the worst thing is that if UR walking downtown or in any tourist area, U will be asked 7 times a minute if U want a taxi! I was asked within 5 seconds of getting out of a taxi at my destination! Also when reaching to open the door of a department store!

Gypsyg Dec 23, 2012 10:08 pm

THAT'S what you complain about?

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 19907465)
I have been to Barbados twice. Please be warned that the worst thing is that if UR walking downtown or in any tourist area, U will be asked 7 times a minute if U want a taxi! I was asked within 5 seconds of getting out of a taxi at my destination! Also when reaching to open the door of a department store!

On the other hand, you are safe when you walk downtown or in any tourist area!!! I would take being asked if I want a taxi multiple times to feeling like I am not safe or that I would get robbed!!

Brendan Dec 24, 2012 6:23 am

Touche'! ;)
However, I went to some festival in Holetown one night by taking the bus from the Hilton to downtown, then had to walk 2.5 km/ 1.5 miles, partly thru a slum, to the other bus. When riding the 2nd bus, I realized that my wallet was missing! Darn it, that time I should have hired a taxi ;) !
Two months later I got a call from the Hilton that my wallet minus BB$170 cash was found by a security officer in a bush at a bank. He knew I had been a Hilton guest because my keycard was still in my wallet!

Gypsyg Dec 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Hmmmmm

YOU should stay home and not go to places that have 'slums'!!!! You'd be much safer!!!

juniorsu Dec 25, 2012 10:46 am

Or just avoid the slums? :p

Plenty of places that are perfectly safe if you use common sense (eg stay out of trouble areas)

spomortioxota Dec 25, 2012 12:16 pm

my first topic

delete