Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

New York City, Andaz Wall Street 4*, $ 110.57 / night (in January)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ivan Tikhvinski
I think the only downside if I were booking this hotel would be the location is a bit far from the muesums etc..
And far from Times Square as well which is why I liked it while there for an all too short visit June '11.

Thanks for posting OP ^ even though I can't find this one for my dates.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:02 am

Was $273.84 ai for two weekend nights in Jan for me.
Thanks OP.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Nabbed a few nights for a weekend in January. Thanks for posting!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Global Services

It's a great hotel. I used to live across the street from it. My old building is still uninhabitable from sandy. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of water damage. You may want to double check with the hotel. Usually the rates are much higher so it might be something else driving it that low.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROBEAR
It's a great hotel. I used to live across the street from it. My old building is still uninhabitable from sandy. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of water damage. You may want to double check with the hotel. Usually the rates are much higher so it might be something else driving it that low.
The rates are higher for Nov/Dec than for those dates in January, so I don't think it's Sandy related...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ivan Tikhvinski
The rates are higher for Nov/Dec than for those dates in January, so I don't think it's Sandy related...
For some reason, the best NYC hotel deals are always in January. It's obviously a slow travel season, and that makes sense from a weather/holiday perspective.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, HYATT DIAMOND, AVIS CC, AA EXP
I work right near this hotel, it's a beautiful property and well worth the rate
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
sorry for bumping up an old thread. But can people who stayed at this property on the LMTC rates share their experiences on DIAMOND recognition?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 3:27 pm

most people actually used it to BRG based on the info in that thread, it was possible to get very close to the LMTC price or even few $$ less on some dates, with full GP credit and dimond recognition

however the property was lacking, COFEE MACHINE broken on Wall sreet??? for 3 consecutive days??? thanks, but no, wont stay again unless they offer similiar rates of ~100usd
Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:20 pm

My experience at this property was surprisingly disappointing. One of the reasons was stated by kasienka. No coffee was offered whatsoever and no wine from 6-8 pm, even though this was (and is) clearly advertised on their website.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:47 pm

I took advantage of this rate back in January, and was really surprised at how things had changed at the hotel since I'd stayed there a few years previously. No coffee/tea available in the morning, no wine/snacks at night (even though it was still on the website at the time of my stay), no breakfast snacks available in the lobby. I wrote to express my disappointment, and the manager essentially said "you got a great deal on the stay so you shouldn't have expected all the amenities on the website". I was a bit annoyed because January rates at the Millennium Hilton were very similar to what I paid at the Andaz. Oh well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.