FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   BKK Novotel Siam Square: single €11, Oct-Dec (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1386106-bkk-novotel-siam-square-single-11-oct-dec.html)

tentativetraveller Sep 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Got a room for january 7 nights from booking.com. The reservation said that the max occupancy is 1. And additional guests are 1412THB/night if using extra bed.... But I'm with wife and their queen size bed is surely wide enough for both so we won't be needing extra bed. I wonder if I can just get the room and wife will then stay for free. Of course she can't get the free breakfast, but that is no issue for us. I won't be eating any breakfast anyways...

I could of course get another room for that period as it would be cheaper than paying for the extra bed/guest, but that seems a bit overkill :)

MrHalliday Sep 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by tentativetraveller (Post 19289625)
I could of course get another room for that period as it would be cheaper than paying for the extra bed/guest, but that seems a bit overkill :)

It is not overkill. :D

tentativetraveller Sep 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday (Post 19289651)
It is not overkill. :D

Yeah.... I guess. Booked one more room for the mrs :)

stenk Sep 10, 2012 2:31 pm

I've booked 2 single occupancy double room for me and my girlfriend , but she will definitely stay at night just in my room ... I hope :p
If not... that's Bangkok . Just a kidding :D

juanitajh Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Whoo Hoo! Glad I checked back. I'm in. A week over Christmas to coincide with my SQ flight (using UA miles) in first! Thanks OP!

Jaimito Cartero Sep 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Booked some just in case nights for March and April. Not $10 a night, but it'll do. ;)

Oxymore Sep 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Fantastic find! Booked it for my RGN run.
Looks like I'll end up building a RTW on mistake fares ;) !

BigE Sep 10, 2012 3:15 pm

I just checked about 20 different dates and it said the hotel was sold out (highly unlikely, given I was looking 6 months ahead). I did find one night earlier, but the rate bumped up to $95 when I clicked.

edit: OK, I found a date in July

stinger101 Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Oxymore (Post 19289990)
Fantastic find! Booked it for my RGN run.
Looks like I'll end up building a RTW on mistake fares ;) !

Right! I'm waiting for the mistake fare to get OVER there. Fingers crossed.

synd Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm

seems to be gone for most dates, at least sept & oct!

tks to the op,^^^ a great find, i was able to book it for what I needed! now if i go or not that is the question, I am still a great fan of the ghe but that rate will make me think twice about it!

opulentgroup Sep 10, 2012 3:34 pm

booked two room nights 3 hrs back, look like its being rectified by the booking dept now, avail has been frozen till mid march 2013.

any idea if this would be honored?

usa18dca Sep 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Was tempted to book this a hour ago but I have to pass =(.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Sep 10, 2012 3:45 pm

looks like accor site is now dead - shows rate of AUD13 - but when you click on 'book' it defaults to the full price of AUD91 per night.

tomy77 Sep 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 19290201)
looks like accor site is now dead - shows rate of AUD13 - but when you click on 'book' it defaults to the full price of AUD91 per night.

use booking.com. It still worked half an hour ago.
I got some in December.
Thanks OP!

Now, any review of the property? :)

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by tomy77 (Post 19290210)
use booking.com. It still worked half an hour ago.
I got some in December.
Thanks OP!

Now, any review of the property? :)

I did! :) thank you :) but it is a fully refundable rate on booking.com with credit card not charged until checkout - so I was looking for a non-ref rate. Nevermind. If it holds it holds :)