Wiki Posts
Search

New Best Western BRG - price match and $100 BW GC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by tMonk1
I had no problem qualifying for a $100 BW Gift Card in accordance with their terms and conditions. I will be in Pennsylvannia in mid-Oct for a dog show and thought I would check out the Best Western Premium Eden Resort in Lancaster - king suite with a full kitchen (love homecooking on the road) and a 42-inch flat screen (ah, Sunday night football). There are only two Premium BWs in America and this one also accepts pets - without a weigh-in. Lucky me, I already have a bunch of BW gift cards through the Canadian Air Miles program. At the www.edenresort.com website I found a Best Available price of $154.95 and the same room on the bestwestern.com site was $189.95. I booked on the BW site and immediately filed a claim. Had a phone call in two hours and a follow-up email confirming that I qualified and will receive my $100 gift card with 2-3 wekks following my stay. I could have had the same room at a cheaper rate if I used my AAA affiliation, but I would only have saved $20, and missed out on $100 gift card, which will come in handy because some BWs accept pets and I travel with mine, always. Cheers!
well done!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:26 am

http://www.frommers.com/articles/7633.html
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:44 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
so they have a BRG limit for the 100GC every 30 days?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:24 pm

Does anyone know if we can best rate international hotels? I know the T&Cs says only north america hotels, but has anyone done it for international hotels?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:25 am

It works in Europe, too.
Gift card is 100$, regardless of local currency.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Melimelo88
It works in Europe, too.
cool thank! would you know if it would work in asia as well?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Melimelo88
It works in Europe, too.
I thought the brg terms stated only US properties?
If this has changed then great
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by tMonk1
I had no problem qualifying for a $100 BW Gift Card in accordance with their terms and conditions. I will be in Pennsylvannia in mid-Oct for a dog show and thought I would check out the Best Western Premium Eden Resort in Lancaster - king suite with a full kitchen (love homecooking on the road) and a 42-inch flat screen (ah, Sunday night football). There are only two Premium BWs in America and this one also accepts pets - without a weigh-in. Lucky me, I already have a bunch of BW gift cards through the Canadian Air Miles program. At the www.edenresort.com website I found a Best Available price of $154.95 and the same room on the bestwestern.com site was $189.95. I booked on the BW site and immediately filed a claim. Had a phone call in two hours and a follow-up email confirming that I qualified and will receive my $100 gift card with 2-3 wekks following my stay. I could have had the same room at a cheaper rate if I used my AAA affiliation, but I would only have saved $20, and missed out on $100 gift card, which will come in handy because some BWs accept pets and I travel with mine, always. Cheers!
Obviously, the hotel may not enforce it, but their website says: "Pet Policy: Pets allowed based on the availability of pet friendly rooms. We are pet friendly and allow up to two dogs in a rented room. The size limit for any one dog shall be 80 pounds. Other pet types (e.g. cats) may be allowed upon the hotel’s approval prior to arrival. The pet friendly rate is $20 per day with an $80 per week maximum."
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I got a BW rate guarantee GC last summer for a Canadian hotel booking. I found a booking.com rate that was $5 less than the BW site. I booked on BW and then immediately put in a claim. Got a US$100 gift card by e-mail, no problems or follow-up questions.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:32 pm

BW brgs work in Canada - my most recent was last month. Added bonus if you are Canadian is that the $100 gift card comes in US dollars - which gives it a value of $125 to $130 CAD, since the Canadian dollar is like play money these days. I've had gift cards sent in the mail as well as delivered electronically, usually within 3 weeks of the stay. Not as easy as it used to be, but I have some quite acceptable bookings in both Canada and the US into 2017.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:54 pm

LRG denied over 0.02 cents!!!!

Here's the most ridiculous reason for a LRG denial. I submitted a request for a property that had BW rate of $50, the competing rate I submitted was $43.69. My initial LRG was denied and I replied back with a screenshot showing that it was still available. The LRG team replied back to me with a screenshot of their own showing $43.67 and claims that they couldn't find my rate and denied my request!!!!!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:43 pm

Resubmit the rate they quoted! They are pretty good at honoring. Just booked Ventura california(60miles north of Los Angeles) at brg for dec 22, feb 11 and April 6, easyclicktravel.com beats them each time. All stays ~$100 so with the travel card and other promos/ 600 southwest miles per stay, pretty much coming out ahead every time.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
Resubmit the rate they quoted! They are pretty good at honoring. Just booked Ventura california(60miles north of Los Angeles) at brg for dec 22, feb 11 and April 6, easyclicktravel.com beats them each time. All stays ~$100 so with the travel card and other promos/ 600 southwest miles per stay, pretty much coming out ahead every time.
Easyclicktravel.com does not work for me because the room description says simply "2 queen beds" and I assume they want to see the room details (sofa bed, pool view, etc) to compare against their site. Any pointers on what to say to get them to accept easyclicktravel.com?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Easyclicktravel.com does not work for me because the room description says simply "2 queen beds" and I assume they want to see the room details (sofa bed, pool view, etc) to compare against their site. Any pointers on what to say to get them to accept easyclicktravel.com?
Ya when the hotel has multiple types of the same bed, it's tough. I have had success booking the lowest priced BW king bed, and then comparing to easyclicktravels most expensive king and that has worked.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:10 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
Ya when the hotel has multiple types of the same bed, it's tough. I have had success booking the lowest priced BW king bed, and then comparing to easyclicktravels most expensive king and that has worked.
I have a question for you guys. I've never done a "best price guarantee match" before.. but I have an upcoming trip and Best Western is an option. I found the room I was .30 cents cheaper on a different site. Is .30 cents enough for them to honor it? Or does the difference need to be over x amount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.