Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

BRG LAX hotels: great deals available

Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:23 am
Original Poster

I was looking for a hotel room around LAX for one night, Sep 30 to Oct 1. Several hotels offer higher rates than common travel agencies, which gives rise to successful BRG claims. Some examples:

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Blvd
Marriott web site: $109. Kayak.com: $87. With BRG: $65.

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Starwood web site: $99. Kayak.com (and many others): $87. With BRG: $79.

Crowne Plaza® Los Angeles International Airport
ICH web site: $101. getaroom.com: $79.

I actually made three(!) successful BRG claims on three different hotel web sites for this date, all were approved and none bothered to change the rates. What gives?

Shuly
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:46 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

You should try the Crowne Plaza again now that IHG introduced their "first night free" BRG policy!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

You should try the Crowne Plaza again now that IHG introduced their "first night free" BRG policy!
I would, but reading the tripadvisor reviews (and seeing some of the pictures) makes me think I wouldn't want to stay there even if it were free.

What I can't understand is, after I make the claim and they honor it, why can't they pull the lower rates off those web sites? I thought that was the whole point of BRG! But the rates remain there, even 3-4 days later.

Shuly
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
I am making a claim for the Crowne Plaza under The new IHG program I will report how it goes
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by darben
I am making a claim for the Crowne Plaza under The new IHG program I will report how it goes
I'd be surprised if it goes through. You'd have to book the room under a non-refundable rate at Crowne Plaza but the getaroom rates all seem to be refundable. That voids the BRG according to the T&C. Doesn't make much sense though because the lower rate is the least restrictive but that's the way the rules are written.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by saacman5033
I'd be surprised if it goes through. You'd have to book the room under a non-refundable rate at Crowne Plaza but the getaroom rates all seem to be refundable. That voids the BRG according to the T&C. Doesn't make much sense though because the lower rate is the least restrictive but that's the way the rules are written.
Exactly what they said. If I book the nonrefundable rate they will reconsider my request.
I never book non-refundable months in advance
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by saacman5033
What if you book the same (refundable) rate at the ICHG website and the getaroom still beats it?

The CP LAX ist not a terrible hotel. It's far away from a prestigious property but I always had a good stay there. It's not worse than the Marriott or the Westin. Even the Hilton rooms are a mess. The only useful hotels around LAX seem to be the SPG properties Sheraton and even the 4 Points for the rates they charge. That being said: The Entertainment Card Rate at the Crowne Plaza is pretty good. And on Priceline it used to be available for 48$ all in. Seems like those days are over though (I hope they return but dont hold my breath).
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:11 am

I would probably get the travel deal and check in at Marriot!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Fly2LAX
What if you book the same (refundable) rate at the ICHG website and the getaroom still beats it?
Per their terms, you have to book the best available rate for a particular room type. For IHG this is typically the non-refundable rate on standard room types. This has eliminated getaroom in all my searches as they do basic room types and have them refundable.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
I stayed for free at CP LAX!

Yes, the Intercontinental price match guarantee (first night free):

http://http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/c/1/content/dec/cn/0/en/rd/rate/lowguar.htm?cm_mmc=DCE-_-MES091911-_-USEN-_-BestPrice_Guarnatee

I used Kayak, found a comparable room and rate, and booked on getaroom.com website, fully refundable. Then followed the proceedure in the above link. Priority Club then put me on hold and verified the info. They said that I had to compare the getaroom price to their lowest rate, an advance purchase rate. Their advance puch rate was still higher than getaroom. They made me change my res at CP to an advance puch rate, while they waited on the line with me.

Once I did this, they did the free room match and e mailed the hotel and I later confirmed the free room rate directly with the LAX CP. Be sure to get a reference number from Priority Club in case they screw up.

I then cancelled my getaroom reservation.

By the way, I enjoyed the hotel. try to get on the club floor. Good luck.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by NorthernAZtraveler

http://http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/c/1/content/dec/cn/0/en/rd/rate/lowguar.htm?cm_mmc=DCE-_-MES091911-_-USEN-_-BestPrice_Guarnatee

I used Kayak, found a comparable room and rate, and booked on getaroom.com website, fully refundable. Then followed the proceedure in the above link. Priority Club then put me on hold and verified the info. They said that I had to compare the getaroom price to their lowest rate, an advance purchase rate. Their advance puch rate was still higher than getaroom. They made me change my res at CP to an advance puch rate, while they waited on the line with me.

Once I did this, they did the free room match and e mailed the hotel and I later confirmed the free room rate directly with the LAX CP. Be sure to get a reference number from Priority Club in case they screw up.

nice! I need to start playing with the BRG more
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by shuly
I would, but reading the tripadvisor reviews (and seeing some of the pictures) makes me think I wouldn't want to stay there even if it were free.
Just stayed there two weeks ago and it was very, very nice. They give tons of perks to Plats.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by NorthernAZtraveler

Did you call them to have the BRG approved?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
Did you call them to have the BRG approved?
Yes, I called PC and this worked.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:54 pm

Just booked a stay at The Crowne Plaza LAX.

Two rooms.....one rez.........Getaroom is showing rooms about $6 cheaper per room. I have filled out the on-line claim form.

Do you think I will get both rooms comped ?

I also found a lower price at getaroom on a Sheraton Gateway LAX.
Filled out the claim form for the lower rate plus 10% discount.

I'll let you know.......thanks Flyertalk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.