FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   $100 Travelocity for $50 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1260480-100-travelocity-50-a.html)

gimmeyourmiles Sep 19, 2011 10:54 am

$100 Travelocity for $50

Deal of the Day from YP.com. There's a minimum of 2 stays and you need to book $250+. It also must be booked @ www.TravelocityIncentives.com.

ALadyNCal Sep 19, 2011 11:14 am

Originally Posted by gimmeyourmiles (Post 17135052)
Deal of the Day from YP.com. There's a minimum of 2 stays and you need to book $250+. It also must be booked @ www.TravelocityIncentives.com.

Shows EXPIRED yesterday :confused:

mudd_stuffin Sep 19, 2011 11:59 am

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal (Post 17135171)
Shows EXPIRED yesterday :confused:

I see March 31, 2012 expiry date.

The way the promo is worded is confusion... should really say $100 TL gift card for $50.

edbyu Sep 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Does anyone have any experience with these certs?

I want to buy a few of these, but the T&C state only 1 per reservation. Is it enforced? I'd like to use multiple per reservation.

Terms to Note

- Up to 5 vouchers per person
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Must book hotel only online, only at www.TravelocityIncentives.com
- Must be used towards a two-night minimum stay and at least $250 pre-tax booking
- Balance may be paid with a credit card
- Expiration of bonus value of gift card ($100) is 3/31/2012
- Cost of gift card ($50) may still be applied to any booking after 3/31/2012
- Redemption instructions will be available under "My Deals" in your profile
Voucher expires 03/31/2012

darben Sep 19, 2011 3:02 pm

If your asking is it a legitimate offer the answer is yes.
If you are asking about value then, not so much to me because of the $250.00 spend.

edbyu Sep 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by darben (Post 17136640)
If your asking is it a legitimate offer the answer is yes.
If you are asking about value then, not so much to me because of the $250.00 spend.

Sorry, please let me clarify. I'm not worried about yp.com. It's an AT&T company and I work for AT&T.

I am trying to figure out if I can use two vouchers on the same reservation in direct violation of the fine print.... The fine print says it's a limit of one voucher per reservation, min 2 night stay and $250 of spend (pre-tax).

I probably cannot. I just wanted to verify if anyone had a different (more positive) experience.

mongobot Sep 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Unless somebody else is paying for it, I'd be inclined to advise against this deal. I got a gift card for Travelocity Incentives through my employer a while ago and when I was ready to use it, I noticed that the rates listed on Travelocity Incentives are not the same as on the regular travelocity.com site. Basically there are no specials or price reductions for the hotels listed on Travelocity Incentives - the rates appear to be either Rack or close to it. In fact, even the roster of hotels listed on Travelocity Incentives is quite small compared to what is available on travelocity.com for the same destination.

edbyu Sep 19, 2011 4:14 pm

To answer my own question above, this 100% cannot be combined. I called Travelocity Travel Incentives and asked. Apparently the vouchers issued for this deal being with the number 3. The CS rep I spoke with said they have it locked down so that you cannot combine offers. Oh well. Pass.

gimmeyourmiles Sep 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks. I wasn't sure if they increased the rates. Rack rate == not good deal. I was confused when it went to another site than travelocity. Gives them a reason to jack up rates...

tonydal1 Sep 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Using the travelocity certs

One possibility is making 2 separate reseravations. I used these this summer
for 4 nights at a hotel charging $129/night. I made two separate 2-day
reservations, and used two certificates.

Hope this helps somebody.

cuongduong Oct 3, 2011 10:28 am

Originally Posted by tonydal1 (Post 17195736)
One possibility is making 2 separate reseravations. I used these this summer
for 4 nights at a hotel charging $129/night. I made two separate 2-day
reservations, and used two certificates.

Hope this helps somebody.

Yup, this is exactly what I did as well.

Travelocity Incentives have some dirt cheap rates for some of the Orlando hotels that I was planning to stay at.

Canarsie Oct 5, 2011 10:15 pm

$100.00 Travelocity Hotel Gift Card for $50.00

There are two days left to take advantage of this deal from Tippr.

The Travelocity Hotel Gift Card is valid for online hotel reservations at 55,000 hotels worldwide on www.TravelocityIncentives.com.
  • Limit per person: 10 (+10 as a gift)
  • Promotion Expires on March 31, 2012
  • Reservation must be booked at www.TravelocityIncentives.com (not Travelocity.com)
  • Two-night minimum stay required
  • A minimum hotel spend of $250 before tax is required
  • Valid for one Travelocity Hotel Gift Card valued at $100
  • No date restrictions
  • Limit one code per reservation

modjo Oct 6, 2011 7:59 am

Does anybody know if you can buy these off tippr and redeem them online with a UK credit card ??? Cannot see anything in the T&C's

garykung Oct 6, 2011 11:22 am

Duplicate?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...ncentives.html

Canarsie Oct 6, 2011 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 17230454)

Perhaps the item offered is similar, but the provider is different.