The HotelCard - $50 for $20 on Saveology

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The HotelCard - $50 for $20 on Saveology

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by genotonda
Bought 2 on July 30th and still have not received email saying order was ready. According to their site this was to happen w/in 24 hours.

Their phone number is a joke, all it does is tell you to email them.
Haha. Yes. I called many times when I had my issue, and it just kept saying email.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by genotonda
Bought 2 on July 30th and still have not received email saying order was ready. According to their site this was to happen w/in 24 hours.

Their phone number is a joke, all it does is tell you to email them.

Did you go to your deals page at Saveology?
When I purchased I got a confirmation e-mail That stated in part

Hi darben
Thanks for cracking the Saveology Daily Deal. You just saved a whole bunch of coin.

Your purchase was successful! Check back tomorrow for your activated voucher by visiting your My Deals Page.

Remember, you must be logged in to see your deals.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:08 pm

My voucher is finally available -- it took little over 24 hours. I did not receive an email that it became available, so keep checking your account on their website.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:52 pm
Suspended

I got the same email as darben got.

It was also a bit tricky to get the website to accept the voucher, to get the $50 off. I believe the way it finally worked out for me was I had to click through the link on the My Deals page (on the Saveology website). Going straight to the hotelcard website did not work for me.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:13 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the page on thehotelcard.com where you input your payment information is not secure (https)?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Just as a side note with this Saveology website - I ordered a $10 Subway card for $6.50. When it arrived, it was a $10 Dunkin Donuts card.

They still have some bugs to work out, apparently.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Taxes, fees and bed charges way above - don't like to be charged like a foreign hotel if book a US based one. Never pay for double beds in the US.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I'm able to get these (physical) cards using my Citi Card Extra Cash where I've only browsed, but never actually used.

IIRC, in the past, these went for $25 off using the rebate cash in my account. Seems for a limited time (?), it is possible to fully redeem $50.

https://extracash.citi.com/gateway?t...clearFilters=Y

If anyone is interested, send a PM.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by michael_v
Has anyone else noticed that the page on thehotelcard.com where you input your payment information is not secure (https)?
During my transaction I looked and I was on an HTTPS site and the lock showed at the bottom of my browser. In addition my security is set to warn me if I send unsecured info and I was not warned
Old Sep 5, 2011, 2:53 am

Has anyone experienced problems with their website recently? Sometimes the site shows error messages, or even unavailable...
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:07 am
Suspended

Yes, it was tricky for me. I had to click through the link in my Saveology account, that was the only way I could get it to work.

Service, on the other hand, is great. This hotel card thing is being done by hotels.com. I booked a stay in Vermont for this weekend. Vermont however, got destroyed from Hurricane Irene. There are over 100 roads closed and there was no way to get to my hotel. So:

1. They called me (the hotel card people).
2. They issued a prompt refund for the balance over the $50.00, that I paid.
3. They said that they had no credit vouchers in the amount of $50.00, so they are sending me one in the amount of $100.00 (Don't ask me why they didn't just issue another $50 hotel card - I didn't question it)
Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by yyz1505
Has anyone experienced problems with their website recently? Sometimes the site shows error messages, or even unavailable...
Yes, I've found the website to be very glitchy in a variety of ways (error messages, only being able to show the first page of available hotels, etc.) and not just recently. Sometimes I just leave the site and come back at a later time. That being said, I've been able to successfully use five of the coupons so far with no problems with the stays themselves.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Hotels under 75.00 now available to use with vouchers.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by redreeper
Hotels under 75.00 now available to use with vouchers.
Thanks.
Can you share the who, where, when why .....?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by HMPS
Thanks.
Can you share the who, where, when why .....?
I updated the first post. Its just an FYI for those who have a bunch of these sitting around (like me...and possibly Darben ) They were available over the past year from many sources.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.