Wiki Posts
Search

Free night from Hotels.com and automatic upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:37 pm

its wrpRomo you left off the r
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
If Hilton proactively gave me HHonors points for a couple bookings at Expedia.com, I would think that they probably sometimes do something similar for bookings through hotels.com and other competitors.

Why tinkybelle mentioned bookings.com, I don't know. I assumed that this was a typo.
sorry yes I was doing a flight booking at the time and had it in my brain I think but yes this is the reply from hhonors

Unfortunately, you can not receive HHonors points or stay credit for reservations booked on Hotels.com.

Taking into consideration the various rates that are not eligible for stay/point credit, below is a clause in the conditions of the Hilton HHonors Program, #11 & #12 under Accrual of Points, that references the non-applicable rates:

1. No point or stay credit, airline frequent flyer mileage credit or credit toward tier status will be awarded for wholesale/tour operator packages, contracted airline crew rates, travel industry rates (including but not limited to travel agent discount rates), complimentary or barter rooms, stays on NET Group, Series Group or IT Group rates, contracted Entertainment or Encore rates and stays using airline percent-off award certificates. Stays that are booked via third party websites other than the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status. Stays booked via "opaque" channels where the brand is unknown at the time of purchase are not Eligible Stays for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status, or the receipt of VIP tier benefits such as upgraded accommodations / amenities or access to health clubs. No point or stay credit, airline frequent flyer mileage credit or credit toward tier status will be awarded for "no show" situations when a member has made a reservation guaranteed with a credit card but then does not check in to the hotel--irrespective of whether or not the member's credit card is charged for any portion of the reserved stay per the hotel's "no show" policy.
2. A Member whose individual hotel bill is billed directly to a company and the Member is responsible for authorization for settlement at check-out is eligible for HHonors points as described above in item number 4 under "Accrual of Points". However, group master-billing arrangements where charges for multiple rooms are placed on one hotel bill and billed to a company or common address or settled at check-out by one individual are not eligible. Incidental charges (those charged to a Member's room) paid for directly by the Member at check-out are eligible for point credit. Incidental charges billed to a master bill are not eligible for point credit.

The rate that you paid during your stay is not applicable for stay/point credit. For more information on the Hilton HHonors program, please visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Has anyone received a confirmation email? Sent my stuff 2 days ago and nothing yet.
Yep... 3 days after I faxed... only beacuse I faxed it 3 or 4 times in a roll. I think they dont' want to accept my fax anymore, so they sent me an conformation
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
It took only 48 hours from emailing my 3 screenshots in to get approved for this promo. It should come in handy for smaller towns overseas where I can't use PC or BW as they have quite a few smaller guesthouses.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Thumbs down open to US residents

Originally Posted by jam5ee
Hotels.com just announced a new promotion for frequent travellers. It's called The Great Unloyaling. Go to www.thegreatunloyaling.com.

Register online. Receive a coupon code for a free hotel night and get automatically upgraded to their Five Star service program. You just have to prove you are active in three hotel loyalty programs. You also are signed up for WelcomeRewards - their loyalty program which gives you 1 free night for every 10 nights you book at over 65,000 hotels worldwide.

The cool thing about the program is that you receive credit for every room and every night - regardless of who stays in the room. Also, you can stay at all the brand name hotels and independents.

I just booked my vacation using my free nights. It was nice not having to worry about any black out dates or restricted inventory. We are going to Hawaii in August and we could choose any hotel we wanted.

Eligibility
This offer is open to US residents
--->
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I've not had a qualified stay with choice, but would points redemption for hotel stays count towards activity for this promo?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
One of my three screenshots is points redemption and they accept it.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: ex AA EXP now a Free Soul
NOT as great as it used to be... (see why)

Hotels.com "get one night free" program after 10 nights booked (and used) was cool until a year and a half ago. Back then you could spend your 11th (free) night in a five star hotel in NYC if you wanted. AFTER the program rules changed, the free night became the average $ amount of your previous ten nights... That was a whole different game. I would have still qualified for a lot of nice hotels -for my free night- but I simply stopped using their services as their price is indeed usually more expensive than a lot of other travel websites. So nothing at that point justified my loyalty to them. They are probably trying with this new program to get back the customers they lost with that stupid marketing move. A lot of people I know are not booking at hotels.com anymore.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by buschoi
One of my three screenshots is points redemption and they accept it.
That's great, currently in a comfort hotel that I booked on points. Will use choice hotels as my 3rd chain then.

Thanks!

Edit: crap! They're not accepting new applications!

Last edited by lsed; Jun 20, 2011 at 7:19 pm
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:40 pm

For those who have their 'proofs' approved, what kind of email did they send you?

I applied on Sunday, received the coupon code and Five-Star account number immediately, sent my screenshots Monday morning, received Welcome Rewards account number, and now I am awaiting confirmation of the receipt of screenshots.

UPDATE:

I received this email this morning:
----------------------

Dear Customer,

We have received your application for The Great Unloyaling™, and you have been accepted!
You should have received an email when you registered containing:

· A Coupon Code for 1 free night when you make and complete your first booking by November 15, 2011. You apply this when you make a booking either online or by phone.

· Your FiveStar Account Number.

· The FiveStar Service Telephone Number.

Please save that email as it will be your only confirmation. If you did not receive it, please check your SPAM folder. If you cannot find it, please let us know by emailing us.

Last edited by broadwayboy; Jun 21, 2011 at 9:13 am
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: A few
I registered a couple of weeks ago but never sent in the docs. I needed to make a last minute reservation today and my usual suspects were not available so I stuck in the code at booking and have sent in the docs. Hopefully should all pan out fine. Basically a two-for-one in NYC will likely use the freebie when things heat up in NYC at September fashion time.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:09 pm

did it work

Any one use the code yet and get the 10 credits into their account?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Aritor
Any one use the code yet and get the 10 credits into their account?
Yes. I have 1 free night sitting in my account value up to $379
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Has anyone else gotten the free 1 night credit? I am still waiting on this
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Great! I have never spent on 1 night so much : ) Really a good deal for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.